RW Released IV Released
3,027 replies to this topic
BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

I've used this before. The ones in GTA V only appear further than the distance in which cars actually spawn, like 1-2km away from the player.

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

I know what you mean these are LOD cars I think, not sure if something like that is possible in SA.

You can increase the spawn distance for vehicles in SA, but there's several limits related to it.

BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:03 PM Edited by BobFromReboot, 08 January 2017 - 12:06 AM.

Based on my zero programming experience, and lack of knowledge on how the RAGE and renderware engines work, I would say it's possible!

2DFX would need to somehow know where all the vehicle paths are, and maybe how dense traffic is in each area. Then it would just spawn moving lights following the faraway roads! Easy right? The lights could be set to spawn only after a certain distance away from the player. You could have that number match the farthest distance that actual vehicles spawn in to make it more seamless.

AndyC1992
  • AndyC1992

Discoverin'.

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:12 AM Edited by AndyC1992, 10 January 2017 - 11:14 AM.

Hi all, guys! I`m new and specially created account to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH THIRTEEN! I play gta iv and this script very enjoyed me, like a gta 5=) Tell me please, is it possible to add in gta 4 sun godrays / lens flare without enb series (bloom.fx and etc)?

2DFX is not specifically made for these effects you've mentioned above. It mainly targets on making a lifelike nightscape by using the coronas.

And no, it's not possible to get godrays or lens flare without ENB, since the original GTA IV engine does not support that either.

EDIT: And not to forget to say, welcome.

VisualIV

you seriously? I didn't see anything there godrays or lens flare....

Correct. VisualIV mostly used the modified shaders and timecyc, similar to RealityIV to enhance the visuals. Only ENB could push beyond the limits of the game engine to add these visual effects, so far.
  • Blackbird88 likes this

AndyC1992
  • AndyC1992

Discoverin'.

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by AndyC1992, 4 weeks ago.

Sorry, but I've to make a quick bug report for the latest version of IV 2DFX:

Apparently, the try your luck cutscenes during the dates may crash the entire game, after what I've found out during a series of trial and error finding the source of the problem by testing all of my list of mods one by one for roughly an hour, which isn't something that I expected to happen.

To note as well, I honestly never tried the try your luck option for the last version, so I'm never certain if that happened for the older version of the IV 2DFX. For that I guessed, either there is a miscoding in the ASI or the game apparently increases the draw distance temporarily during the cutscene, since it hovers at a certain altitude where the distant cityscape is visible, thus crashing the game in the process.

TAG, if you're lurking around here, do take a look at this. Thanks.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Is there a way to quickly reproduce the crash?

AndyC1992
  • AndyC1992

Discoverin'.

• Members
  • Malaysia

Is there a way to quickly reproduce the crash?

Simply putting the ASI into the game folder alone is enough to reproduce the crash easily. I have done that a couple of times when the same ASI is being used, especially during the trial and error process I've gone through earlier, until 2DFX is the only ASI left for me to find out that it's the source.

Also to note, I did lower the CoronaFarClip to 1500+ for performance reasons, though I'm never sure if this would actually result the crash either.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I mean without playing the game much, provide a save maybe.

AndyC1992
  • AndyC1992

Discoverin'.

• Members
  • Malaysia

I mean without playing the game much, provide a save maybe.

Right here, TAG:

It should be still early in the game, so Michelle will be the current girlfriend.

• inan.ahammad likes this

sean33
  • sean33

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by sean33, 4 weeks ago.

Why do the lights of high buildings do not light when doing gta vc project2DFX :(

AndyC1992
  • AndyC1992

Discoverin'.

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Why do the lights of high buildings do not light when doing gta vc project2DFX :(

You can only see the coronas from the distance, since they disappear when approaching them, in general.

On the technical side, did you change the values in the config?

sean33
  • sean33

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 4 weeks ago

http://gtaforums.com...ice-city-neons/

There are files on the link, but I do not know the installation of what I set up to build the mods, which means I need to tell you my brother is rejoicing

Ryuu DiNozzo
  • Ryuu DiNozzo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 3 weeks ago

Good day @ThirteenAG!

I encountered a bug on your open limit adjuster. I can say so because I have freshly installed GTA SA without any mods, just the 2DFX build alone. I encountered an error "R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call Error." After doing some research, it is a Microsoft C++ Visual Runtime Error. I have discovered that after deleting the Limit Adjuster .ini and .asi files, the game works fine. I have also tried rolling back to your previous Limit Adjuster versions up to 1.4 located in your GitHub. Hoping to see your insight! Thanks!

sean33
  • sean33

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by sean33, 3 weeks ago.

Somebody can get this set up please please I can not do videos I can not do the lighting like the picture  :facedesk:  :facedesk: image_62254.jpg

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

Good day @ThirteenAG!

I encountered a bug on your open limit adjuster. I can say so because I have freshly installed GTA SA without any mods, just the 2DFX build alone. I encountered an error "R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call Error." After doing some research, it is a Microsoft C++ Visual Runtime Error. I have discovered that after deleting the Limit Adjuster .ini and .asi files, the game works fine. I have also tried rolling back to your previous Limit Adjuster versions up to 1.4 located in your GitHub. Hoping to see your insight! Thanks!

I had this pop up a few times too, removing recently installed cleo mods fixed it. My guess would be a conflict between certain cleo mods and OLA (didn't check if removing OLA fixed the runtime error too). One of the mods was Djjr_junior's fix hands up to car mod (or something like that, it's recent) the other was the police assistence cleo mod.

Haven't seen the error pop up ever since (1+ hr of playing, while it would gives this error fairly quickly with those 2 mods, usually after 5 mins or so).
  • Ryuu DiNozzo likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

TBoGT crashes in the beginning of the game with this mod, right when I try to take the first turn while I drive Tony to the club. It happens every time. Also, the performance of the game goes in the toilet (20 FPS during night time) which kinda defeats the purpose of the mod. I am curious how it will run on an overclocked CPU but I think I'll eventually remove this mod.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

TBoGT crashes in the beginning of the game with this mod, right when I try to take the first turn while I drive Tony to the club. It happens every time. Also, the performance of the game goes in the toilet (20 FPS during night time) which kinda defeats the purpose of the mod. I am curious how it will run on an overclocked CPU but I think I'll eventually remove this mod.

I did play several missions of TBOGT with 4.0 before, everything worked fine. Can't fix something I don't have.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hmmm. But have you played the first mission in TBoGT recently? If you follow the GPS route the game freezes right before you're supposed to take the first right turn. Every time, only with this mod, at least for me. I also have VisualIV installed but I doubt there's any conflict there with your mod.

AndyC1992
  • AndyC1992

Discoverin'.

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by AndyC1992, 3 weeks ago.

I don't have TBOGT to help you to check out that problem you have.

Well, for the performance drops, it's obvious, since the mod uses a lot of coronas to live up the nightscape. Try to turn down the CoronaFarClip settings, perhaps to 2000 or less in the .ini file.

I believe the default 9000 is definitely too much for a stable framerate.

MegaTheVova
  • MegaTheVova

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MegaTheVova, 2 weeks ago.

Hello I have a problem, when i use P.2DFX my map flickering.. I try to delete some files and I found a problem, the problem is in SaLodLights.ini.. when i copy .ini file to modloader, my map  is flickering and timecyc doesn't work.. when i delete .ini file everything is working.. can you help me please?

Mubber
  • Mubber

Modderman

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hello I have a problem, when i use P.2DFX my map flickering.. I try to delete some files and I found a problem, the problem is in SaLodLights.ini.. when i copy .ini file to modloader, my map  is flickering and timecyc doesn't work.. when i delete .ini file everything is working.. can you help me please?

Use flickr.asi itshould solve your issues.

MegaTheVova
  • MegaTheVova

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 2 weeks ago

Use flickr.asi itshould solve your issues.

yes, I have tried it, but timecyc still not working with 2DFX.. i can have timecyc or 2DFX :/

AndyC1992
  • AndyC1992

Discoverin'.

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted A week ago Edited by AndyC1992, A week ago.

Somebody can get this set up please please I can not do videos I can not do the lighting like the picture  :facedesk:  :facedesk: image_62254.jpg

Since no one answered it, and it's something I've tried to explain before, I'll take it:

You can only see the nightscape from afar, together with the increased draw distance. Getting closer to the coronas will make them disappear. Also, try to increase the CoronaFarClip configuration.

About Neons, get Modloader, which can make modifications easier to apply. Read the readme.txt included in the mod's archive as well.

Probably not least: This picture is taken far above the game's original height limit.

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago Edited by LaDiDa, A week ago.

Getting closer to the coronas will make them disappear.

The coronas shouldn't disappear 😛 if they do you seriously fcked up your particle.txd since up close the coronastar texture should be there...
  • AndyC1992 likes this

AndyC1992
  • AndyC1992

Discoverin'.

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted A week ago Edited by AndyC1992, A week ago.

Getting closer to the coronas will make them disappear.

The coronas shouldn't disappear if they do you seriously fcked up your particle.txd since up close the coronastar texture should be there...

Maybe I've missed out, but approaching the coronas will make them less visible compared to them when seen from afar, based on what I saw the last time I played it, which would be half a year ago.

inan.ahammad
  • inan.ahammad

Crackhead

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 5 days ago

HELLO....Guys I got a problem with 2dfx....I used that on my moded vc and it woked...but now i am using sa x vc x lc mod and then when I try to add project 2dfx to the game the game crases....I am using latest verson of fastman limit adjuster.....is it causing the problem....how can I fix it..

AndyC1992
  • AndyC1992

Discoverin'.

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 5 days ago

HELLO....Guys I got a problem with 2dfx....I used that on my moded vc and it woked...but now i am using sa x vc x lc mod and then when I try to add project 2dfx to the game the game crases....I am using latest verson of fastman limit adjuster.....is it causing the problem....how can I fix it..

I'm confused, kind of.

• If 2DFX works with VC, good for you.
  • For SAxVCXLC, are you sure that you're using the San Andreas version of the mod?
  • If so, yet it still crashes the game, then it's probably likely due to the map mod.
  • inan.ahammad likes this

inan.ahammad
  • inan.ahammad

Crackhead

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 2 days ago Edited by inan.ahammad, 2 days ago.

O..thanks. but...I just fixed it....i tried the latest verson of 2dfx.asi for sa and it didnt work....always made my game crash...now I downloaded the asi from saxvcxlc project 0.8, and it is working like a charm...but still having some problems with bushes and trees when I increase their draw distance....they are dissapearing and reappering agin and again and making my game to crash....thanks

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users