Apartment Owning

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic
dre280783
  • dre280783

Criminal Mastermind

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

Anyone else wonder how its going to work if two people in the same map own the same apartment?

I understand that all apartments must be in fixed locations as you have to buzz your friends door for him to let you in the apartment.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:14 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 16 August 2013 - 09:18 AM.

QUOTE (dre280783 @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 09:03)
Anyone else wonder how its going to work if two people in the same map own the same apartment?

I understand that all apartments must be in fixed locations as you have to buzz your friends door for him to let you in the apartment.

I explained how I think it will work on another thread, but there's so many of these similar threads I've lost it. lol

I'll explain.

There will be a marker outside of the apartment, when you walk into it you will be teleported inside of your own apartment. That apartment is like your own hub or lobby in it's own dimension, however your friend will also have an apartment occupying the same space but in another dimension, if you will. You will both be able to see whats going on in the game lobby (world) that you are both in from your own hubs (/apartmentsdimension) but you won't be in the same room together physically. Your apartment is your own lobby/hub/dimensional/space. The same for your garage.

And only the exterior of the apartments/garages occupy the same space in the physical gaming world.

Now to get to your friends I suspect it could be an invite feature similar to Red Dead Redemption where you could invite friends to join posse's or matches (which had markers all over the world map which you would be teleported to a separate game lobby for that match, then returned to the very same free roam you left when the match is over).

dre280783
  • dre280783

Criminal Mastermind

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

I can see how it might work like that, but CVG speculated that people could turn up to your apartment that you might not want to let in as they are trying to kill you or rob you. That would imply that they might be able to break into your apartment.

If it is as you described do you think it would still work this way?

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (tom_p1980 @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 09:14)

I explained how I think it will work on another thread, but there's so many of these similar threads I've lost it. lol

I'll explain.

There will be a marker outside of the apartment, when you walk into it you will be teleported inside of your own apartment. That apartment is like your own hub or lobby in it's own dimension, however your friend will also have an apartment occupying the same space but in another dimension, if you will. You will both be able to see whats going on in the game lobby (world) that you are both in from your own hubs (/apartmentsdimension) but you won't be in the same room together physically. Your apartment is your own lobby/hub/dimensional/space. The same for your garage.

And only the exterior of the apartments/garages occupy the same space in the physical gaming world.

Now to get to your friends I suspect it could be an invite feature similar to Red Dead Redemption where you could invite friends to join posse's or matches (which had markers all over the world map which you would be teleported to a separate game lobby for that match, then returned to the very same free roam you left when the match is over).

That is pretty much how I see it working... my question now is, if I want to attack someone that has the same apartment as me, how does this work? Especially as they said there is cctv we can look through, and we can look out the window to see what is happeneing and this also ties into the 'police camera action' thing... in other words if you are attacking Person X in House A, will Person Y and Person V who both own there own dimension of House A, will they see it happening?

head scratching stuff monocle.gif

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (dre280783 @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 09:31)
I can see how it might work like that, but CVG speculated that people could turn up to your apartment that you might not want to let in as they are trying to kill you or rob you. That would imply that they might be able to break into your apartment.

If it is as you described do you think it would still work this way?

They could rob you if you let them in.

The one thing I noticed about the clips we have seen of people inside apartments is no one is carry a weapon so perhaps weapons inside of apartments/homes are not permitted. I guess you could be robbed the moment you left your apartment.

Still since there will only be 16 people in one game world (lobby) at any time what are the chances of everyone owning the same home? perhaps you walk up to the marker outside of the apartment and it would bring up a list of all the players in the current world who live in that apartment (so for example 2 people live there), you could then chose to rob a player's home as some kind of mini game. tounge2.gif

I doubt we can rob other player's homes but certainly killing them and robbing them when they leave is likely.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:00 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 16 August 2013 - 10:04 AM.

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 09:36)
QUOTE (tom_p1980 @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 09:14)

I'll explain.

That is pretty much how I see it working... my question now is, if I want to attack someone that has the same apartment as me, how does this work? Especially as they said there is cctv we can look through, and we can look out the window to see what is happeneing and this also ties into the 'police camera action' thing... in other words if you are attacking Person X in House A, will Person Y and Person V who both own there own dimension of House A, will they see it happening?

head scratching stuff monocle.gif

Can we attack people inside of their own home? I must admit I've only skimmed through the info so I'm not sure if you can, however every time we have seen a clip of someone's interior no one is carrying a weapon. Maybe we can fist fight, I'm not sure. You will most certainly be able to rob and kill people outside of their homes.

I recall in Red Dead Redemption that the game lobby (not the world lobby) prior to a match as the system was arranging the players into teams you could run around that game lobby and fist fight but not kill. Maybe the same applies with apartments.

The Police Camera Action thing applies to other players being chased by cops in the world not players fighting each other in their apartments. I don't think a fist fight in your apartment will get you any wanted stars.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

I agree with Tom. You'll be able to buy apartments all over the place too most likely, and the marker is just for you, and maybe for your friends when you're inside of there, it'll be enterable for them perhaps when invited.

Many MMOG already share locations, there's a whole big place to buy many types of homes in many types of settings and stuff in Aion - many people own the same, but they decorate it differently, they enter into it separately, like a separate instanced dungeon, just with house rules instead of quest rules, you could say, in an extremely simplified manner.

You'll have a certain level of choice to where you want to live - an apartment building can house many people, it doens't have to matter if behind the illusion everyone is in the same location, because they will all be made unique by the players, with ever expanding items and such to decorate with icon14.gif

The sheer amount of places they could put these markers, is huge. An entire block could all use the same one or two interiors, and you'd pick a house based on the one of the two you like, and on its location. Doesn't matter if someone else has it though, because when they go to their marker, they go into their house, not yours.

It's a small break in the seamlessness of it all, but it's well justified by what is being envisioned for this game so far.

About attacking each others' residence - perhaps there will be certain ways to assault a home, maybe with a hit on the person or some kind of open ended, player-based-target mission or something, but for the most part I think they will be safehouses in the classic sense - that's the place you go to be safe, and you're just protected in it similar to how a tennis game is protected from interruption; IE like a separate little sub instance for two players (4 if cvg gets their way).

kilo73
  • kilo73

Sorry For the Bodies

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

i believe that instead of having properties to buy, we will have property locations, if you will. there can only be 16 players in a game at once, so as long as every property has at least 16 similar ones then there would be no issues. using the apartment complex from the trailer as an example, say you purchase it. when you join GTA online, your apartment may be on the 4th floor, 3rd door on the left. then you log off. when you log back on, it may be on the 6th floor, 1st door on the right. i doubt that we will have the sims interior customization, so 90% of your apartment would be the same. only minor differences like the window layout, window view, furniture placement, etc.

i doubt there will be any unique, one of a kind properties, due to all the problems that everyone has mentioned. just as long as there are 16 of them, it should be do-able. at least 16 rooms in the apartment complex, 16 houses on the street, 16 trailers in the trailer park, you see what im getting at. whatever R* chooses to do, im sure we will not be dissapointed.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (brian. @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 10:01)
I agree with Tom. You'll be able to buy apartments all over the place too most likely, and the marker is just for you, and maybe for your friends when you're inside of there, it'll be enterable for them perhaps when invited.

Many MMOG already share locations, there's a whole big place to buy many types of homes in many types of settings and stuff in Aion - many people own the same, but they decorate it differently, they enter into it separately, like a separate instanced dungeon, just with house rules instead of quest rules, you could say, in an extremely simplified manner.

You'll have a certain level of choice to where you want to live - an apartment building can house many people, it doens't have to matter if behind the illusion everyone is in the same location, because they will all be made unique by the players, with ever expanding items and such to decorate with icon14.gif

The sheer amount of places they could put these markers, is huge. An entire block could all use the same one or two interiors, and you'd pick a house based on the one of the two you like, and on its location. Doesn't matter if someone else has it though, because when they go to their marker, they go into their house, not yours.

It's a small break in the seamlessness of it all, but it's well justified by what is being envisioned for this game so far.

Agreed, and thanks. icon14.gif

I also doubt that all 16 players in the same lobby will have the same home apartment anyway, as you say there will be so many places to buy spread all over the map and certainly not all 16 players will be in their apartments/homes at the same time.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Indeed, the overlap would be so rare just by using free tricks like placing a marker somewhere different to bloat the actual number of houses to an illusionary plethora of them, but reusing interiors. The overlap of same owners would be small. People would probably buy the same place as their friend to troll their role play, but most people will instead embrace the value of living somewhere different from their friends. If they're not your friends, what do we care where their house is anyhow I suppose tounge.gif

dre280783
  • dre280783

Criminal Mastermind

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Yea your points above make a lot of sense actually.

I guess thats how it works.

I think there will be weapons in the apartments though as CVG said you build up a stash of weapons and share them out. You might just not be able to use them.

It would be good though if there was a guy you didn't get on with and you and a group of mates decided to break into his apartment, kill him and rob him! devil.gif

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (tom_p1980 @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 11:14)

I'll explain.

This! Thank you for XML files, the XML file gets loaded when you step into the marker, the xml file only contains a couple lines of codes. So it loads very fast and that way everybody has their own apartment.

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

It's probably most likely, you walk into the Elevator or w/e checkpoint of a building and press "Y" or "Triangle" or w/e. Then a dialog menu comes up, the first option is always relative to you, either it'll ask you to buy the property for cash, or let you enter your own if you own it.

The rest of the options are of other instances of the house you can join, for example, "fartinhaler69" might have one, and so if I click on his name Mr. Inhaler gets a message that allows him to accept or deny me entrance. If he says yes, I get teleported into HIS instance of the apartment and so I can see everyone in his instance. If not it'll just tell me to f*ck off.

My question is, who gets displayed? Do you think it'll show only people in your game? Or is it your entire "contacts" aka friends list. And what about if they're offline or not in their apartment? I wonder if we can still access someone elses.

If so, it'll probably be something like the owner has a lock option. Unlocked anyone can enter. Locked noone can enter (you know, in case hes jerking off or something).

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

I'm excited about the possibility of attacking others property etc.

Could be a lot of fun if it's in. Planning an attack and then wondering if there is someone
inside watching your move on a CCTV and preparing to defend.

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

It actually isn't that difficult to pull off having 16 people have garages and property at the same locations.I'm wondering, will you from a helicopter be able to look into an apartment and see 15 people. Will you be able to basejump from your window into the world. Will a helicopter be able to get close enough you can jump inside. Or, is the apartment just a window to the outside world.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

Rob houses? do people keep money in houses in 2013, They recomend you use a bank lol

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

http://www.gtaforums...6&hl=properties

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users