Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are you happy with 16 players?

72 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you happy with 16 players? (356 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you happy with 16 players?

1. Yes, 16 is enough (178 votes [53.29%])

Percentage of vote: 53.29%

2. No, I want more (156 votes [46.71%])

Percentage of vote: 46.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote
beauedwards1991
  • beauedwards1991

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

16 is good enough for me. After playing lots and lots of MMORPG's, I've realised that more people doesn't always make things better. I'd rather have myself, a couple of good friends and then 13 randoms to have fun with.

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Employee Of The Month

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

16 is enough, i don't want a chaotic game world full of idiots killing everyone they see.

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

16 is a good number.

Plus, if they had to sacrifice graphics/features in order to make it playable with more ppl....then i wouldn't want more ppl anyway.

16 + almost identical performance/looks etc as the Single player game = Perfect!

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

You guys won't even realize that only 16 players are online. The world will be full of life, so don't be discouraged by the 16 player limit.

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (CM_Kimmy @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 08:40)
Let me know please. I've mellowed down since yesterday when i wrote my initial topic, but i thought it would be good to have a poll to see what people think on the player slots. If you have played SAMP, the online mod for SA, what's your reaction to the 16 players?

I think a lot of people who have never played SAMP will be more than happy with the 16 players, purely because they have never experienced anything better than 16. I used to play SAMP a lot, and being a free-roam with 200+ players was awesome. Hell, even 100 players was awesome. But when i played IV i lost my drive and the game lacked atmosphere because 16 players just felt so dull.

People who say this is a hardware issue are clearly wrong. My PC is almost as old as the PS3 and Xbox themselves, yet i can easily hook up to a 200 player server on SAMP with no lag problems or hardware issues. The MP aspect of the game is linked to a server, not your computer, so hardware on the users end has nothing to do with it.

I played a server on Multi theft Auto San Andreas it was called CIT (www.cit2.net) and it had over 700 players, 16 players in a world which is much bigger than San Andreas wont seem very big

ThugBunny_
  • ThugBunny_

Patched Demon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'm not happy with 16, I'm also not completely disappointed in it either.
I do see that when the next gen consoles drop there will be a player increase. The hardware we have now are why we only get 16.
I just don't see why they put so much emphasis on gangs if there will only be 16 players on a server the entire life span on the game.

More content and less lag >> more players, That is how I feel until the next gen consoles release.

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

I would like the idea of more I really would but I can cope with 16. I just really love the idea of having a whole city of full of other online players all doing their own thing. It would be like the PS community where everyone can talk and get together. It would just be amazing.

rapha1996
  • rapha1996

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:22 AM

For a map this big, 16 players it's like nothing. icon14.gif

ToriksLV
  • ToriksLV

PC gamer. GTA fanboy. Compton Warriors clan member. GTA V speedr

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

For me even 32 wouldnt be much, such a huge world,. If players dont stick together then its a ghost town.

loki18760
  • loki18760

Truth Seeker

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

I would prefer 16 players consisting of your "crew" where you could be cooperative for a majority of the online, with DM and battles between crews going up to 32 (2 crews) or even 64 (4 crews). I think 16 should be a comfortable medium for non combatant free roam with the whole server being able to que up for larger battles.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (CM_Kimmy @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 04:40)
Let me know please. I've mellowed down since yesterday when i wrote my initial topic, but i thought it would be good to have a poll to see what people think on the player slots. If you have played SAMP, the online mod for SA, what's your reaction to the 16 players?

I think a lot of people who have never played SAMP will be more than happy with the 16 players, purely because they have never experienced anything better than 16. I used to play SAMP a lot, and being a free-roam with 200+ players was awesome. Hell, even 100 players was awesome. But when i played IV i lost my drive and the game lacked atmosphere because 16 players just felt so dull.

People who say this is a hardware issue are clearly wrong. My PC is almost as old as the PS3 and Xbox themselves, yet i can easily hook up to a 200 player server on SAMP with no lag problems or hardware issues. The MP aspect of the game is linked to a server, not your computer, so hardware on the users end has nothing to do with it.

By the way, 16 crew members in one game is highly retarded. But uh, people had to pay for those server slots, Rockstar doesn't have to, they own the game.

XxNuclearHDxX
  • XxNuclearHDxX

White Guy

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (CM_Kimmy @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 08:40)

No way, they could have bumped it up to 24 players if they wanted to...

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

No, but I'm thankful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users