Photo

The new "direction" will probably take out the fun

63 replies to this topic
Billy the kid
  • Billy the kid

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

We havnt played the game yet so Im not 100% on how this will work but from my understanding this is how it will work in the free roam, both in multiplayer and in single player.

If you want to get lets say a jumbo jet and since the Shamal costs about 1.000.000$ a jumbo jet would be around 2-2,500.000$. In Gta iv if I remember correctly the most and quickest way to rank up was by playing Hangmans noose. There you got about 4-5000$ in about 2 minutes. To get 2.500.000$, from rank 9 to 10 took about 30-40 hours for me if I remember this correctly.

Lets say you want to do that in multiplayer, drive jumbo jets with a friend and your friend wants one too and the only way to get them is by buying them, its impossible to steal them. That would mean you would have to spend dozens of hours just trying to get money for a vehicle that you wont use for more than a few minutes. Thats not fun in my opinion.

Its the same if you and a friend wants to just drive around on the freeway with customized super cars. Since you cant customize stolen cars fully (If I understood it right) you have to buy them to be able to customize the whole car, not just the license plate and the color of the car. It wont take as long for a car but still, if you want to racing without doing a real race you want to do it immediately, not after a couple of hours trying to get money.

Of course, after a while playing there is a big chance you can afford everything but some people big not have enough time to do this. Lets say a person that plays Gta online 4 hours a week. That would mean it would take about 10 weeks for him to get a jumbo jet if it works the same as in Gta iv.

From the looks of it you cant either turn off the police which was a good thing in Gta iv and if you are able to steal every vehicle is not known either but you probably wont.

I feel this will take out a lot of the fun from the free mode online and the freedom aswell. In free mode all you want to do, atleast me personally is having fun without having to play competitive but from the looks of it now you have to first get your money and then spend it.

Diego_Per
  • Diego_Per

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Just like real life.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

I agree with you, hopefully we can steal everything even guns from a gun store but at the risk of getting killed by the owner.

Alaannnn
  • Alaannnn

Film Director

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

I doubt you'll be able to buy a jumbo jet, the only way you can get your hands on it will be to steal it from the airport which will be heavily guarded by law enforcement & other hostile players.

JacoBee
  • JacoBee

Still waiting...

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

no it will be fun,just little more realistic

Billy the kid
  • Billy the kid

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Diego_Per @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 08:24)
Just like real life.

Realism is good but this game is called Grand Theft Auto and you have always been able to steal stuff.

exmpletree
  • exmpletree

Mr. Gold Card

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

who said you cant steal them? and you make money much faster in gta v with heists

wannaplaysomepool
  • wannaplaysomepool

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

If there's going to be a PC version, an offline LAN multiplayer mode and a modding tool like the simple native trainer I'll be fine.

slogan-killer1
  • slogan-killer1

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

Realism in high doses can be dangerous

Alaannnn
  • Alaannnn

Film Director

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

I f you read the CVG article, they said depending on the heist you commit, you can earn anything from a few hundred dollrs to tens of thousands of dollars and possibly even millions.

Dolomite5698
  • Dolomite5698

Jason C

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

If you play your cards right in the stock market you'll be able to buy whatever you want in a few hours wink.gif

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

You're not getting the point OP. When you buy a car or a jet, you can save it in your garage for next time you're online.

Billy the kid
  • Billy the kid

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (CM_Kimmy @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 08:35)
You're not getting the point OP. When you buy a car or a jet, you can save it in your garage for next time you're online.

Would still take a long time to get must stuff. I would prefer to just steal one without having the army after me. Returning the vehicle to the garage every time will probably be annoying since you have to avoid every kind of troll that will try to destroy your vehicle.

Booya818
  • Booya818

Firestarter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

The game will be a lot more rewarding because you'll actually have to do a bit of leg work to get what you want.

You can steal planes anyway. In the CVG show yesterday they described an online activity where you steal the "Titan" (big transport aircraft). To be honest sounded very very fun.

V sounds puuuurfect so far cool.gif

Njale
  • Njale

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

I would like a free roam mode where you have everything on your disposal just to have some quick fun with friends, if they don't include it at least it will be possible on the PC with a trainer.

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

I strongly suppose you'll be able to steal anything and use it for the time you are online. But you won't be able to save it to your garage.

Oppressor
  • Oppressor

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (Billy the kid @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 08:22)
We havnt played the game yet so Im not 100% on how this will work but from my understanding this is how it will work in the free roam, both in multiplayer and in single player.

If you want to get lets say a jumbo jet and since the Shamal costs about 1.000.000$ a jumbo jet would be around 2-2,500.000$. In Gta iv if I remember correctly the most and quickest way to rank up was by playing Hangmans noose. There you got about 4-5000$ in about 2 minutes. To get 2.500.000$, from rank 9 to 10 took about 30-40 hours for me if I remember this correctly.

Lets say you want to do that in multiplayer, drive jumbo jets with a friend and your friend wants one too and the only way to get them is by buying them, its impossible to steal them. That would mean you would have to spend dozens of hours just trying to get money for a vehicle that you wont use for more than a few minutes. Thats not fun in my opinion.

Its the same if you and a friend wants to just drive around on the freeway with customized super cars. Since you cant customize stolen cars fully (If I understood it right) you have to buy them to be able to customize the whole car, not just the license plate and the color of the car. It wont take as long for a car but still, if you want to racing without doing a real race you want to do it immediately, not after a couple of hours trying to get money.

Of course, after a while playing there is a big chance you can afford everything but some people big not have enough time to do this. Lets say a person that plays Gta online 4 hours a week. That would mean it would take about 10 weeks for him to get a jumbo jet if it works the same as in Gta iv.

From the looks of it you cant either turn off the police which was a good thing in Gta iv and if you are able to steal every vehicle is not known either but you probably wont.

I feel this will take out a lot of the fun from the free mode online and the freedom aswell. In free mode all you want to do, atleast me personally is having fun without having to play competitive but from the looks of it now you have to first get your money and then spend it.

This isn't GTA4. Hangmans noose is going to be sh*t compared to the ways you can make money in a GTA5. You might want to watch both the single player and online videos again, and if you still don't get it you might just want to stick to single player.

Taco_Gta
  • Taco_Gta

ON IT LIKE KING KONG

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't rockstar say that you could steal a car and spray it n change plates and then if ls customs is willing to they bmight let you customize it?

Alaannnn
  • Alaannnn

Film Director

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (Taco_Gta @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 04:20)
Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't rockstar say that you could steal a car and spray it n change plates and then if ls customs is willing to they bmight let you customize it?

yeah, depending on where you take it. Some places won't do it for you and you'll earn a wanted star for attempting to do so.

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

When you buy a car and customise it, you pay for insurance, so if it's blown up by a "troll" you can get it back.

This game is perfect don't whinge, once you play it you will change your mind and love it im sure.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

I'm fairly sure you can steal them but not save them.
Also, this game is centered around money, unlike IV, and heists will have much bigger pay outs.

I can't wait until they release the content editor for deathmatch, so I can place any type of vehicle on the map (even planes) and play it with friends.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

How can the Bold nude erection remove any fun?

Njale
  • Njale

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

^^ That's not the problem, the problem is if a man who comes back from work and wants a bit of fun with his buddies doesn't want to grind for hours to be able to use all the toys. There has to be a free roam mode that has everything unlocked.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Njale @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 09:29)
^^ That's not the problem, the problem is if a man who comes back from work and wants a bit of fun with his buddies doesn't want to grind for hours to be able to use all the toys. There has to be a free roam mode that has everything unlocked.

I agree with you.

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Lost Kings Street Soldier, Fighting And Making Money.

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

I'm pretty sure that you can steal planes but the guards there will make it hard for you so come with guns and armor.

anzeyima
  • anzeyima

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 09:31)

I agree with you.

I disagree.

Yes, I see your point, but hey: Rockstar have developed a game called GTA V. You then have the option to either buy it, or not care with it. If you choose the former, then that's what you get. You just have to trust Rockstar, like you had to for every game they ever released. And it always turned out well, so trust them again I'd say and don't start panicking when you haven't even played the game yet.

Orestone
  • Orestone

The down-low

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

Then don't have the Shamal as your goal??? Your goal is to have fun, do missions, rob stores, reak havoc, and all this with your friends.
Don't have the super cars and jet planes as your first goal, have it as your ULTIMATE goal.

You have to put in the hard work, if you want to play hard.

Billy the kid
  • Billy the kid

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Orestone @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 09:37)

Then don't have the Shamal as your goal??? Your goal is to have fun, do missions, rob stores, reak havoc, and all this with your friends.
Don't have the super cars and jet planes as your first goal, have it as your ULTIMATE goal.

That is the problem....I want to have fun and have it with my friend and do whatever I want. Not force myself to constant trying to make money to buy something that I probably will crash within some minutes. Thats how GTA games have been and always should be.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Like a sandbox mode? Well I don't see why the game would lack such a thing. Even if it's not in the game at launch, it's probably going to work later on when you can place items on the map.

Orestone
  • Orestone

The down-low

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Billy the kid @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 09:43)
QUOTE (Orestone @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 09:37)

That is the problem....I want to have fun and have it with my friend and do whatever I want. Not force myself to constant trying to make money to buy something that I probably will crash within some minutes. Thats how GTA games have been and always should be.

But is the Shamal really THAT important to you that you think some of the direction they are taking will somewhat ruin the experience?
And playing the game online, doing all that stuff I just mentioned, is that FORCING you? Are you not having fun while doing it?

Forcing, imo, is doing something you really dont want to do, to get something you want. And if you know youre gonna crash that damn plane in a few minutes anyway, then why even have it as a goal to work towards too? ^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users