Quantcast

» «
Photo

End of Chaos?

164 replies to this topic
GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (DeadZombie @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:21)
QUOTE (Acky. @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 08:51)
You'll see members saying that Rockstar are contradicting themselves, even though members are.

Yeah, this passive mode kinda sucks, but I'm sure there's a preference whether it is passive or not. And I can guarantee half of you guys will be saying it sucks if you was being spawn-killed every 30 seconds like on GTA IV. That sh*t pisses me off, someone had the decency to shoot at you, you kill them, they respawn about 5 metres away and start blasting you; you try to kill them but they have that ridiculous health protection on them.

All I'm saying is, if it's a preference and not just constantly passive, I don't see what problem you have with it?

They have yet to say anything about that.

If is a preference ill will be playing the FF on. I feel like without it. You'll be playing the game like its basically coop.

you can change your preferences for GTA 4 to spawn far or near.

Its the interview on Leslie Benzies with CVG and the way the trailer represented the game.

You know I used to play gta IV online months ago and the spawn feature was horrible lol. The only time that would take affect is if there were lots of people to spawn by, there were no real spawn points, even if you set it to far it would only happen if you were far from the original city you spawned in and if others were in the room. I have played GTAIV multiplayer enough to know the ins and outs of it.

Also I always set the respawn time to 30 seconds. ALWAYS

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (GTAVTheHeat @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 19:25)
QUOTE (DeadZombie @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 18:21)
QUOTE (Acky. @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 08:51)
You'll see members saying that Rockstar are contradicting themselves, even though members are.

Yeah, this passive mode kinda sucks, but I'm sure there's a preference whether it is passive or not. And I can guarantee half of you guys will be saying it sucks if you was being spawn-killed every 30 seconds like on GTA IV. That sh*t pisses me off, someone had the decency to shoot at you, you kill them, they respawn about 5 metres away and start blasting you; you try to kill them but they have that ridiculous health protection on them.

All I'm saying is, if it's a preference and not just constantly passive, I don't see what problem you have with it?

They have yet to say anything about that.

If is a preference ill will be playing the FF on. I feel like without it. You'll be playing the game like its basically coop.

you can change your preferences for GTA 4 to spawn far or near.

Its the interview on Leslie Benzies with CVG and the way the trailer represented the game.

You know I used to play gta IV online months ago and the spawn feature was horrible lol. The only time that would take affect is if there were lots of people to spawn by, there were no real spawn points, even if you set it to far it would only happen if you were far from the original city you spawned in and if others were in the room. I have played GTAIV multiplayer enough to know the ins and outs of it.

Also I always set the respawn time to 30 seconds. ALWAYS

Hell yeah. All i hear is complaints about how things go when they go online because of preferences that people can change....

Why not just uh i dont know. Change them? Move on? Then just go oh well this game is broken. Piece of crap because im letting someone do this to me.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:54 AM Edited by Twiggy123, 25 August 2013 - 01:15 AM.

As much as I appreciate the anti-griefing measures it's going to be used as some sort of shield that players, who are too proud or stupid to go into passive mode, will hide behind. Oh I kill somebody once now I'm getting reported as a bad sport because I killed this guy who isn't my friend and isn't in my crew.

It's not like I'm going to camp a spawn or whatever just to annoy people, but if you're ripping off a bank or liquor store and I'm near by, my crew and I will take you for as much money as we can get. Before somebody squeals "Go to deathmatch!" at me with the force of a thousand effeminate nerds, I'm a free roam player. I get enough deathmatch from Battlefield, the only fps I will play. I'm going to be playing GTA Online for the freedom to choose what I want to do. Maybe I don't want to kill another player and just leave them alone. What if I want that player to join me in some heists? Welp, can't do that in deathmatch can I?

But some people just can't wrap their heads around the fact that if you go into a free roam match with complete strangers you should expect to die or get ripped off. Those people are going to be the reason why the bad sport rating system is going to suck. Any time they get f*cked up they'll report people as bad sports for having fun. Now everyone will be forced to play together as a team of sixteen players or be forced into a pool of people who actually just play the game to grief people and record it for their super cool and funny GTA Trollinz Montage videos.

In short, thin skinned fa**ots will ruin the online portion of this game.

PS: Before anyone freaks out on me with the go to GTAF argument "The game hasn't come out yet how do you know bleugh bleugh bleurghhhh!" This is an educated prediction of how GTAO will turn out to be based on the trailer and preview info of GTAO. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but I'm not going to hold my breath.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 00:54)
As much as I appreciate the anti-griefing measures it's going to be used as some sort of shield that players, who are too proud or stupid to go into passive mode, will hide behind. Oh I kill somebody once now I'm getting reported as a bad sport because I killed this guy who isn't my friend and isn't in my crew.

It's not like I'm going to camp a spawn or whatever just to annoy people, but if you're ripping off a bank or liquor store and I'm near by, my crew and I will take you for as much money as we can get. Before somebody squeals "Go to deathmatch!" at me with the force of a thousand effeminate nerds, I'm a free roam player. I get enough deathmatch from Battlefield, the only fps I will play. I'm going to be playing GTA Online for the freedom to choose what I want to do. Maybe I don't want to kill another player and just leave them alone. What if I want that player to join me in some heists? Welp, can't do that in deathmatch can I?

But some people just can't wrap their heads around the fact that if you go into a free roam match with complete strangers you should expect to die or get ripped off. Those people are going to be the reason why the bad sport rating system is going to suck. Any time they get f*cked up they'll report people as bad sports for having fun. Now everyone will be forced to play together as a team of sixteen players or be forced into a pool of people who actually just play the game to grief people and record it for their super cool and funny GTA Trollinz Montage videos.

PS: Before anyone freaks out on me with the go to GTAF argument "The game hasn't come out yet how do you know bleugh bleugh bleurghhhh!" This is an educated prediction of how GTAO will turn out to be based on the trailer and preview info of GTAO. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Fully agree with it.

Those same people threated to grief me. which is awesome haha

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (DeadZombie @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 07:11)
QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 00:54)

Fully agree with it.

Those same people threated to grief me. which is awesome haha

It would be good if Rockstar gave us an identical free-mode like IV had (as well the other newer GTAO ofc) where no bad sport labels can be issued. Money is up for grabs and the player doesn't have to be scared of being labeled an arsehole just for having fun and trying out these new game mechanics. Camping the bank would be fun sometimes because it is a 'game mode' in itself but I can see how it would get annoying if it happened to you again and again.

Maybe Rockstar will explain the rules further because some new game mechanics seem to clash with the new rules. I'm not at all one to shoot my fellow crew members but say I did a heist with a crew and I got ripped off myself... it would be nice to get my revenge in exactly the same way by ripping him off after a heist but would I be labelled an arse-hole for getting my revenge? *scratches head*

Also I'm hoping there will be time to muck about. We'll have new missions online to do etc. I want to scud around on the hills in my 4x4 but will I fall behind others in the quest for the highest online level?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 August 2013 - 06:19 PM.

QUOTE (DeadZombie @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 06:00)
QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 05:55)
Anti-griefing measures were much needed so I believe. I never did much Free Mode because it was unstructured, but this looks like it has a lot of interesting stuff to do. It would be a sh*t show if it was easy for players to come on with the sole purpose of ruining it for others.

As i agree fully.

But thats what the kicking system is for.

Because you dont know how to play back in a game where it basically tells you in the description - THAT ANYTHING GOES, NO RULES. Its pretty self explanatory.

i hope the voting system is more prompt for kicking griefers but thats another way to earn money? How does that work and how do they not expect people who like to kill other players on occasion to use said mechanic with such measures?

"You will get to play with other Bad Sporties." xrcore

Segregation? is that actually necessary? Because the players you kill are bad sports? Its a game about crime. Murder happens.

So, I will ask you something I asked in some other similar post:

Case study: Say I got a nice and big crew, close to your matchmaker zone and close to your login hours - and you shoot me a few times, as part of your "ANYTHING GOES, NO RULES" gameplay. I am within my right to respond in kind and shoot you for at least as many times as you did.

And here comes the kicker: what if I didn`t like how you shot me AND have a bigger crew than you have? What if I decide to give you a lesson and mark you as KOS for my crew? What if you end up getting manhunted on ALL servers and get capped 24/7? [EDIT]And trust me, as much as you`d want this to happen, it gets old REALLY fast if you`re not winning. And frustration sets in awfully quick afterwards. You only have 2 choices at that point: change your name or lay low (as in not play MP) until they get bored, IF they get bored - none of which are extraordinarily fun.

I am within my right, since I am giving you a lesson - a harsh lesson, mind you, but you DID shoot unprovoked, so you kinda brought this onto yourself. Am I griefing you? Hell yea! But the fun part is, it is entirely your fault.

I bet you`ll report me AND my crew for bad sportmanship, just because you can no longer play the game - even if it was 100% your fault for being in that situation.

This is why I don`t particularily like a game policed by players - because I BET you`ll pose as Virgin Mary and all victim-like, saying "Oh, I`ve been bullied by them big bad crew peeps", when, in reality, you kinda missjudged the opposition a bit.

[EDIT]And an automated system has no way of knowing if you dying 50 times in 30 minutes is due to a vendetta (since I can have friends not part of a crew, or crew verbal alliances) or someone griefing you for the sake of griefing.

Exitiumx
  • Exitiumx

T.W.O

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

I hope there's some sort of hardcore mode, or where you can set your preferences before joining a game. I believe free roam should be whatever, want to start a deathmatch? Go for it! It's free roam! If I'm going to start a heist with my mate, or my crew members... I'll expect to get attacked by other players while we're doing it... but I'll make sure everyone knows: "watch for other players" - create contingency plans in case someone rolls up in a tank, or an attack helicopter! Always get one guy to carry some AT or AA (if that's available), ensure that we are all driving separate cars to make a getaway! It's the fun of planning! You can never expect things to go well... you'll make it out to be ideal before you do it... but things f*ck up, unexpected things will happen to you, that's how it goes! If some guy killed us during a heist, and seriously bummed us out... then he's a griefer! What are going to do? We'll fight fire with fire! What if he leaves afterwards? Well boys! Let's try that heist again!

I am personally looking forward to encountering these situations and these annoying people, because nothing beats a failed attempt from the enemy. It gives off a good feeling, makes you feel proud and adds a moment! "Hey, remember when we did that heist? And that dude tried to sabotage us but then some random ped drove over him in the car?" - even if you fail, learn from your mistakes, advance your tactics. I say bring whatever on, I would love to see some griefers in the game that I can hunt down... hell, maybe someone will put a bounty on their head... more entertaining ways to earn cash!

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

dumb question but what about cops and civilians can we still shoot them and not get a bad rep same with driving a boat on land

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:10 AM

well after reading all that, im gonna be in passive a lot, regardless what everyone thinks, I like to Roleplay. that's my fun, to run around and kill every single person, I see, just because I can is not exactly, fun, its kinda boring, its the same thing all the time, but that's my opinion, but I wish those who like to shoot everyone and everything good gaming, and to those like me who like to enjoy there experience other ways, im sure I will see you sometime lol.

So Awesome
  • So Awesome

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

[QUOTE=DeadZombie,Friday, Aug 16 2013, 08:19] [QUOTE=MajesticJazz,Friday, Aug 16 2013, 06:03] [QUOTE=DeadZombie,Friday, Aug 16 2013, 05:40] Anyone notice they talked about all this passive stuff and being friendly crap. Despite being able to take wallets of other players.

You get LABELED?! As a bad sport? For playing the game the way you see fit? The same way you wanted to in 4?

I sure hope classic makes a return because I'm not for this strict free roam coop. It's cool and all really. But come on that's what made free roam what it was!

Passive mode? Really?

"Free roam- explore the city to see fit, NO RULES ANYTHING GOES" [/QUOTE]

Im soorry mods but this guy is a complete retard.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

Actually, completely disagree OP. They're ranking you as a bad player? Good.

Someone else said it before me. You make your bed, you lie in it. Do I think there should be different labels, and if you continously do something bad, you should get punished for it. I mean, continously.

This is different from GTA 4, so stop repeatedly saying "WELL IN GTA 4, I GOT TO DO DIS WITHOUT ANY RESENTMENT." Well, that was GTA 4. That was RDR. This is GTA 5. There are new rules.

Believe me, I'm all for wreckless fun too. On the same note, it just seems the game is putting some restricitions on it. "YOU KILLED TONS OF PEOPLE? YOU'RE BEING LABELED AS BAD." And why are you against that? You technically are a BAD player. Not a "You suck at this game" bad, but you're a bad guy. People should think twice before trusting you, and if they have anything nice on them, avoid you. That's completely fair.

Just like if someone plays out as a good guy, stopping heists, minding his own business, and just doing missions and not bothering other players, he should have the rank "Good". If he just rides around, going to car shows, or doing activities with friends etc, people should trust him a bit more than you. Because that's how it works.

GTA 5 is going to be different from the others. You can still be wreckless, except this time realism is striking down. If you act bad, you'll be treated bad, and it's completely fair. If you want wreckless stupid behavior, there's another game calling your name.

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

There were different kinds of players in gtaiv, but they all used to get mixed up in freemode. So, you'd get passive players entering the same game as highly aggressive players and that would cause frustration. Both types of players would argue, somewhat arrogantly, that their style of play was justified and the correct way to play. Seems like the argument is still going on. This new system for gtav seems sensible to me. You'll be placed with players of a similar rank and of similar tastes apparently. Makes sense really. Rock star have a lot of different types of players to please, so dividing them according to taste and ability seems logical.

s373ns
  • s373ns

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

For all of you that are crying and whining about the griefer management and being "labeled for playing as we see fit", a little clarification is needed. Mr. Benzies stated, " If you're spawning and being killed immediately, go to Passive mode - it means you can't shoot people, but they can't shoot you. So you can just kind of hang around and get to grips with the game." I don't know if you're the kind of punk that hangs around the airport in GTA IV with a rocket launcher waiting for some poor soul to spawn, kill them, wait for their respawn, kill them, etc... But this seems fair. Grow up a little and realize that GTAO is still a playground, but it is better managed. You aren't just kicked to the curb for being a bad sport. Again...
"Can other players see when someone has a Bad Sport stat?" -CVG

"Yeah. They'll be able to check it out, and think 'I'm not playing with that guy.'" - Benzies

s373ns
  • s373ns

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (SideburnGuru @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 02:11)
Actually, completely disagree OP. They're ranking you as a bad player? Good.

Someone else said it before me. You make your bed, you lie in it. Do I think there should be different labels, and if you continously do something bad, you should get punished for it. I mean, continously.

This is different from GTA 4, so stop repeatedly saying "WELL IN GTA 4, I GOT TO DO DIS WITHOUT ANY RESENTMENT." Well, that was GTA 4. That was RDR. This is GTA 5. There are new rules.

Believe me, I'm all for wreckless fun too. On the same note, it just seems the game is putting some restricitions on it. "YOU KILLED TONS OF PEOPLE? YOU'RE BEING LABELED AS BAD." And why are you against that? You technically are a BAD player. Not a "You suck at this game" bad, but you're a bad guy. People should think twice before trusting you, and if they have anything nice on them, avoid you. That's completely fair.

Just like if someone plays out as a good guy, stopping heists, minding his own business, and just doing missions and not bothering other players, he should have the rank "Good". If he just rides around, going to car shows, or doing activities with friends etc, people should trust him a bit more than you. Because that's how it works.

GTA 5 is going to be different from the others. You can still be wreckless, except this time realism is striking down. If you act bad, you'll be treated bad, and it's completely fair. If you want wreckless stupid behavior, there's another game calling your name.

I completely agree with this.

igamedude
  • igamedude

World's Worst Gamer

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

I absolutely support Rockstar's measures here. I never played online in IV solely because of the sheer chaos. I get that's a part of GTA but it was far to out of hand. And GTA Online is supposed to be centered around missions and completing other tasks. The last thing I want is my game ruined by d-bags in game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users