Photo

Buzzard Hackers?

16 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:45 AM

I have a question. I dont often play IV MP but I have been playing it for the past few months to get ready for V. I personally enjoy using the buzzard in dog fights, and I always try to keep it fair, even sometime giving lifts to other players so they can get to an opposing buzzard.

But what I dont understand is why Im getting owned so bad by other players in buzzards. I would consider myself a novice pilot, but it just seems like so many times enemies cant miss me. Or even worse, they hit me twice with full health and Im on fire.

Alot of times I can tell its just a really good pilot. But alot of other times its seriously unreal. Is there a hack or mod that players are commonly using to either increase their damage given, or accuracy.

I want to get better with my skills but getting owned this bad is seriously discouraging. I searched but couldnt find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

I was nice today.....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Best advice I can give is keep at it and stay away from the hacked servers.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

I am the truth, the liar turned around

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, they're probably hackers, airport is usually filled with them. especially in TBOGT.

MK6
  • MK6

Zim Zimma

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

"I'm on fire", yep modders mate.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Just remove any mods and play on the mod-less servers.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

Sounds like you're a sh*tty pilot. I wouldn't say I'm the best pilot but I've never had a problem winning buzzard dogfights, it's all about lining up the chopper and releasing the missiles at the correct angle (or you can just spam them and the machine guns). I reckon you're making the mistake of facing these guys head on, or not moving out of their shot line.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Harley @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 12:50)
Sounds like you're a sh*tty pilot. I wouldn't say I'm the best pilot but I've never had a problem winning buzzard dogfights, it's all about lining up the chopper and releasing the missiles at the correct angle (or you can just spam them and the machine guns). I reckon you're making the mistake of facing these guys head on, or not moving out of their shot line.

This is very likely. Here is the thing that blows my mind though. I will watch my bullets ricochette off enemy helicopters, yet its like they recieve no damage. And then I get hit literally like 3 times and a catch on fire.

It makes no sense at all.

zombrex2311
  • zombrex2311

Derp a Herp

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (Harley @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 17:50)

lolmissiles.
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

dog fighting using missiles bahahahaha
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yeah I don't really have the time or patience to schedule strict dog fights on a four year old video game. If I'm messing around in a Buzzard and someone fires a missile at me, you better believe I'm going to fire one back. Sorry to piss over your code of honour, boys.

Deff, I've never seen a mod like that myself, but there's indestructible car mods so I guess someone could do the same with helicopters. I just don't know why anyone would bother, it seems like it'd get boring real fast.
How's your connection? Some problems could be lag related.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

I've played TBOGT with deffpony before. He's definitely slightly above average for a pilot.

TBOGT has more modders than any game on PS3 out there. Most likely some of the pilots you're fighting are infact modders and are invincible. But there is always someone out there who's just better than you. I personally hate buzzard dog fights. I preferred the vanilla annihilator. Maybe you're just on a bad run of luck.

I'll have to get on and join you again.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Harley @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 17:50)

You're the shi**ty pilot because you use missiles and spam. They thing that makes a pilot from a true pilot is the true pilots only use the miniguns.

You sir have given the worst advice a person can give to another pilot in training. You should go and play gta4 to see the real meaning of pilot in Gta. You'll get absolutely raped and finally rage quit because the techniques you picked up in tbogt are the worst possible.

And OP, yes there's mods like aimbot, where the person barely aims and all the bullets go to the person he's "shooting" at. You need to also realize that all helis have a specific weak spot where the heli would catch fire faster than usual. There's also absolutely no reason for you to catch fire within the cockpit of the heli, so yes modders put you on fire. Since this is tbogt, there are far more modders than usual.

The other thing that might happen is lag. It's annoying and might make the person seem more powerful than he/she really are; as in the bullets don't render when hit, etc.

And OP, for the love of god, don't spam rockets. It makes you appear like you're a bad a pilot. Only use the minigun because that's where people can tell the difference from an 8 year old annoyance and a Gta player who actually has experience.

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

@ DeffPony - Yeah, TBOGT is full of modders so it is likely. I also believe there is a specific place in the helicopter, if shot, it will degrade the health dramatically.

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 02:45)
I have a question. I dont often play IV MP but I have been playing it for the past few months to get ready for V. I personally enjoy using the buzzard in dog fights, and I always try to keep it fair, even sometime giving lifts to other players so they can get to an opposing buzzard.

But what I dont understand is why Im getting owned so bad by other players in buzzards. I would consider myself a novice pilot, but it just seems like so many times enemies cant miss me. Or even worse, they hit me twice with full health and Im on fire.

Alot of times I can tell its just a really good pilot. But alot of other times its seriously unreal. Is there a hack or mod that players are commonly using to either increase their damage given, or accuracy.

I want to get better with my skills but getting owned this bad is seriously discouraging. I searched but couldnt find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.

mate, in all seriousness? HOST YOUR OWN GAMES!

do not join servers of ppl you don't know. invite trusted friends [encourage them to at least try MP BoGT and be sneaky by saying you wanna do a machinima for utube & want them as voice actors etc.. once they enjoy playing BoGT they'll keep playing] and play w ppl you've played a few games with. a lotta ppl whine 'why you only play old games ' [my reply? "hey, kid? i just completed XCOM 4 times in a week, so go find ur COD fans & get off my friend list"].. grrr i hate kids playing 17 rated games sometimes!

ahh... rant over. feeling fine now. off for a game of pool w Armando and Henrique.

l8r, homies [is that what they say over the pond?]

Y-ME-SO-MEXiiCAN
  • Y-ME-SO-MEXiiCAN

i liek poniez.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:11 AM

Not sure if OP's gonna read this but;

They are most likely not modding. If you know where to aim you can get a buzzard on third stage flame in a heartbeat. There is no scriptmod that buffs the buzzard's miniguns DPH. If you're sitting in a cockpit, the same rules regarding DPH apply as if you were on the ground. A few nanoseconds of accuracy can break you. Headshots are insta-kills for the most part.

The only unfair advantage that has those effects, is a turbo controller. A good pilot can light you on fire, or make your heli start beeping on the first few shots. A n00b with a turbo can do the same thing, but they're somewhat rare/easy to counter. Most turbo-fags are garbage, just sidewine above him and light up his cockpit. If he's REALLY garbage, you might be able to sidewine your way behind or beside him. In that case aim for the round vent in the back of his heli, or the center of his rotor. (where the flames come out at.)

I don't think I need to say this, but fly in first person, if you already don't, and use the female avatar, there health goes down slower than the males, but the females can't run as fast. 

I have alot more advice if you want it.. Assuming you actually read this. xD

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:51 AM

Thanks for the reply man. Wow I posted that a long time ago lol

Cakelover21
  • Cakelover21

War never changes

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:29 AM

Use Annihilators they have explosive bullets in TBoGT allmost instakill when you hit someone and for better aim go to 1st person.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users