Photo

Servers and Apartments/Houses

12 replies to this topic
onlyonetone
  • onlyonetone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

This may be a little hard to explain. So it puts in you in a random free roam match with 16 random players. What i want to know is say you have an apartment and so does your friend. When you friend invites you to his match, would you all both still have your apartments in that match or just the host. Plus how many places are there to buy. with 16 people in the match 2 people could end up having the same apartment. Just wanting to discuss this a little bit. I dont know how it would work.

SamanthaLois
  • SamanthaLois

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

i dont think anyone knows how it will work and threads exactly like these have been made dozens of times since the trailer........

NOBODY KNOWS!!!

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

There's already been many threads about this.

This is something I really want to know the answer to. I've emailed mouth off so ill see if they give any more info.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

"Enter Player 1's apartment or Player 2's apartment?"

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'm also curious about this. If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably going to be handled the same way as test drive unlimited did in that multiple people can be in the same apartment and spawn outside next to others that own it. Also like a previous poster said, it will list the names of who owns the apartment so you buzz/enter the right one.

DarkDeciever
  • DarkDeciever

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

It doesn't have to be exceptionally complicated, like 2281 said there will most likely be gamertags/names for the buzzers. Not many apartment blocks just have one apartment in. I am sure there will be ways to customise your apartment to make it different from someone else's too.

clax302
  • clax302

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

My guess is you walk into the apartment building and theres a lobby with an elevator. You get in the elevator and a menu comes up with a list such as your apartment, your friends apartment (if he's online and currently in his apartment), rooftop, and garage.

Nielsuno
  • Nielsuno

NO LIMITS

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

Haha Imagine you buzz your frined, and he goes to the tv to see who it is... and say 8 people are standing outside there trying to buzz their friends living in the same appartment =) Would be a funny sight =) haha

BennyBlunts4
  • BennyBlunts4

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (clax302 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 20:21)
My guess is you walk into the apartment building and theres a lobby with an elevator. You get in the elevator and a menu comes up with a list such as your apartment, your friends apartment (if he's online and currently in his apartment), rooftop, and garage.

This!

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

Like PS Home I imagine. You had a starting apartment, they were all in the same place but they were different depending on who owns it.

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

Probably by different dimensions. I customize interior maps on GTA SA MTA and the way the 2 on 1 house is implemented is by having them both in 2 different dimensions. Another way could be that there are apartments on each floor. It could be a 20 story apartment and when you go to another server, if someone has an apartment in that same area then they'd probably move your apartment a couple floors up or down.

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

Have you ever played Playstation Home? That how I see it being, that was even referenced in the GTAO interview. When you are in your place it is kind of a window into the world, 16 people could have the same place, but from your view of thd world you are the only one. It's. Great addition to thd game. Combine this with your own garage showrooms, it makes being online and earning money feel like it matters to earn money.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

I think I understand a question that goes along with this... Can we both own the biggest apartment on the map? This is a frustrating one because if we can both own the same place, and when we are inside it maybe 'phases' us out into our own apartments so we can both have it, how can we then attack each others' place? like they were saying in CVG 5oclock...?

Just knowing how this game will work is exciting, and then ofc actually playing it is freaking awesome!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users