» «
Photo

Passive Mode

58 replies to this topic
Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:32 PM Edited by Chekoloco, 15 August 2013 - 07:36 PM.

I read this:

There is a mode called "passive mode" which means you can't shoot people and they can't shoot you.

Iīm concern about how this will work, because the fact that you canīt shot anyone but that person can interfers with a job, mission, activity or something else...could be annoying. confused.gif

What do you think??
  • SirPhreak likes this

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

I believe once you enter a mission or side activity, you are "isolated" from the people not taking part in it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong....

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Diesel311 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 13:36)
I believe once you enter a mission or side activity, you are "isolated" from the people not taking part in it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong....

Maybe cannot take part into missions, but maybe can interfer plane crash, parking cars, bringing 5 star police...

GrandTheftDildo
  • GrandTheftDildo

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

Hopefully it will be like IV with a Godmode car so hopefully they can still bump you, shoot at you but nothing happens.

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

I'm so glad they've added this in. One thing I really hated in GTA IV's multiplayer is that you couldn't have fun exploring the city because someone would always try to kill you for no reason. For once I can really enjoy free roam. There are times that I have no intention to shoot anyone, so this is perfect. icon14.gif

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Jack0711 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 19:44)
I'm so glad they've added this in. One thing I really hated in GTA IV's multiplayer is that you couldn't have fun exploring the city because someone would always try to kill you for no reason. For once I can really enjoy free roam. There are times that I have no intention to shoot anyone, so this is perfect. icon14.gif

I believe the whole "EVERYONE TRIES TO KILL ME" thing in GTA IV stems from 2 issues:

1: Extremely young and immature gamers

2: Lack of activities and content in GTA IV multiplayer

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 15:47)

This is an EXCELLENT point, and I honestly never considered this.icon14.gif
  • GTA5FAN055 likes this

Nielsuno
  • Nielsuno

NO LIMITS

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

I dont know anything yet... But could image it would be annoying if you got screwed over in a mission, like when time come to split the cash by the end of a heist... And you can't even RAGE that f*cker!

That would be the most safe TROLL for TROLLERS! I hope it wont be that easy...

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:47 PM Edited by B3ANTOWN B3A5T, 15 August 2013 - 11:49 PM.

Yeah Passive mode is a very smart addition.

I would be pissed if I was enjoying a nice sunny round of golf with my pals, only to have someone come along in a chopper and blow up the whole damn golf course.

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

By the sounds of it, they should of called this passive mode, pussy mode.

If I was f*cking about minding my own business, and some jerk off came and tried to ruin my fun, I wouldn't go into pussy mode, I'd go full pissed off, you f*ck with me, you're going to get f*cked over twice as hard mode devil.gif

Might be useful for the pacifist noob, who is more used to playing games like little big planet.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:15 AM Edited by Chukkles, 16 August 2013 - 12:17 AM.

QUOTE (Diesel311 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 19:36)

No, no, no.
I believe the general impression is, that even if there is a group doing an activity, you can go and mess with them.

It will be fun, only butthurt babies will whine about it.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 19:47)
QUOTE (Jack0711 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 19:44)
I'm so glad they've added this in. One thing I really hated in GTA IV's multiplayer is that you couldn't have fun exploring the city because someone would always try to kill you for no reason. For once I can really enjoy free roam. There are times that I have no intention to shoot anyone, so this is perfect.  icon14.gif

I believe the whole "EVERYONE TRIES TO KILL ME" thing in GTA IV stems from 2 issues:

1: Extremely young and immature gamers

No, it's because it's GTA and that is the purpose of playing.

Maybe you shouldn't play MP if you're gonna get so butthurt.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

I have a bad feeling about passive mode, but only one bad reason, there's many good reasons.

But anyway, I'm sure people will quickly go into passive mode if they're about to die. That could become rather annoying.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 00:17)
I have a bad feeling about passive mode, but only one bad reason, there's many good reasons.

But anyway, I'm sure people will quickly go into passive mode if they're about to die. That could become rather annoying.

You won't be able to switch to passive mode at the drop of a hat.
If its in, I hadn't heard about this, it will be full passive lobbies, and you will be separate from the real men.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 20:17)

This is the other questions I have about online besides property buying.

How is passive mode going to be balanced so it isn't over used? Is it only available in a certain
lobby?

Would get annoying to see people p*ssying out of a firefight or something.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 00:21)
QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 20:17)

But anyway, I'm sure people will quickly go into passive mode if they're about to die.  That could become rather annoying.

This is the other questions I have about online besides property buying.

How is passive mode going to be balanced so it isn't over used? Is it only available in a certain
lobby?

Would get annoying to see people p*ssying out of a firefight or something.

Of course it is, you can't have invincible people walking around non invincibles.

Passive lobby, just like FF off lobbies.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

I bet on passive mode you cannot do any heists or activities that involve shooting.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:29 AM

Passive mode sounds kinda lame.
It better be in separate lobbies or its just gash.

MiamiVice1984
  • MiamiVice1984

Hey There Officer, Nice Badge, Nice Badge.

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by MiamiVice1984, 16 August 2013 - 12:35 AM.

Passive mode sounds lame. I might aswell just turn passive mode on everytime i carry alot of cash that way i cant get killed and lose it.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

Why does everyone assume passive mode will let you carry money and perform heists?

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

Out of everything from the online interview, the introduction to Passive Mode was the thing that must leave the most unknowns for me. Spawn camping and spawn killing affects everyone even the best players. There have been so many games trying to solve it, but no one ever has, because games are so quick you basically can't fix it. Passive mode seems to be an attempt at a solution, or at least trying to make it so you can watch a game in person directly without participating. There is a lot unknown about how it will work.

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 20:15)
QUOTE (Diesel311 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 19:36)

No, no, no.
I believe the general impression is, that even if there is a group doing an activity, you can go and mess with them.

It will be fun, only butthurt babies will whine about it.

well, if you start a tennis match for example, you are isolated from the rest of the map. Leslie talks about it specifically in his interview. He said they did it so you could play the match without people flying jets into your game.

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAForums Crew

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 08:42)
Why does everyone assume passive mode will let you carry money and perform heists?

Because the only difference between passive and regular mode will be whether PvP is turned on or off.

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

passive mode is not something that will be used as a weapon. its simply a way to go into the online universe & explore on your own without the hassle of other ppl. you most likely wont be able 2 participate in any activity until you come out of passive mode. this mode is just a way to explore.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

maybe its as simple as Friendly Fire off mode, like in RDR. Theres 3 modes, Hardcore (free aim) Normal (soft lock) Friendly(soft lock ff off)

Rick88
  • Rick88

"Who is Atlas?"...

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 19:47)
maybe its as simple as Friendly Fire off mode, like in RDR. Theres 3 modes, Hardcore (free aim) Normal (soft lock) Friendly(soft lock ff off)

This. In RDR there is "free roam" and "friendly free roam". Why do people assume it's something you'll be able to switch freely in a second? I'm pretty sure Rockstar wouldn't add something as broken as that.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

If it is similar to friendly fire off, it will still be hectic with people using explosive weapons, jets and choppers...Maybe in this mode there are no weapons and only the maverick and cars to get around?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 11:19)
If it is similar to friendly fire off, it will still be hectic with people using explosive weapons, jets and choppers...Maybe in this mode there are no weapons and only the maverick and cars to get around?

I doubt that as you can still use a car as a weapon to kill people. I think it will just be like RDR Friendly Free Roam where they just cant kill you with a gun, perhaps they wont even be able to blow up yor car, im quite interested to see how passive mode is going to be carried on in the sense of what people can and cant do to you.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (Diesel311 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 15:36)

There are some things, tennis for sure, where you do separate things. But things like races are confirmed to go on alongside other people's activities - it's likely a mix.

When you go to passive, you probably do not get to draw any weapons - doing so will remove you from passive mode. Striking another player with a vehicle, or ramming theirs, probably takes you out of it too. Ever played an MMO before with passive/active modes? It'll be like that.

V8VANTAGE
  • V8VANTAGE

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I reckon the player at the end of the single player reveal walking towards that window and looking outside is passive mode. Seeing the world, without being killed or being able to kill anyone else.

In passive mode you'll only be able to drive or walk around, maybe take part in the activities. But no missions or anything like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users