Photo

Gta 3 Ps2 Version 100% Save File

13 replies to this topic
Mariofan210
  • Mariofan210

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

I need help recently i bought gta 3 on the ps store but the saves are on saved data utility (ps2) i have a 320gb model so i cant play ps2 discs i really need to have a 100% save file that is not an internal memory card file

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hey Mariofan210, welcome to GTAForums, enjoy your stay here. What you are asking for is actually half way down the page in this topic:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=568734

Simply, click the link to the .zip file and enjoy! smile.gif

Mariofan210
  • Mariofan210

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 18:15)
Hey Mariofan210, welcome to GTAForums, enjoy your stay here. What you are asking for is actually half way down the page in this topic:

Simply, click the link to the .zip file and enjoy!  smile.gif

Sadly this does not work on my ps3 because i have a EU game and EU ps3 is there any way i can get a european save?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Mariofan210 @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 19:37)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 18:15)

Simply, click the link to the .zip file and enjoy!  smile.gif

Sadly this does not work on my ps3 because i have a EU game and EU ps3 is there any way i can get a european save?

Oh, that is quite sad, im not entirely sure because a search on google can result in save files for the 2 versions of GTA III; the PS2 one and the Downloadable one. If I find one I'll give you a link wink.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

I do have the European version of GTA III on PS2, so I could help you out.

However, I do not know how to extract the data from my memory card onto the PC. Can someone help ME out?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 15:15)

However, I do not know how to extract the data from my memory card onto the PC. Can someone help ME out?

I could help you but the PS2 save files are not compatible with the PS3 Version (Which is what he is asking for)

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 17:21)

I could help you but the PS2 save files are not compatible with the PS3 Version (Which is what he is asking for)

That's too bad. confused.gif

Still, I would love to know the way to extract the files anyway. Who knows where and when will I require this knowledge? Plus, I could post my 100% save file and the Ultimate Starter Save for all to use.

So instructions would be greatly appreciated.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:34 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 17 August 2013 - 03:37 PM.

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 16:29)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 17:21)

That's too bad. confused.gif

Still, I would love to know the way to extract the files anyway. Who knows where and when will I require this knowledge? Plus, I could post my 100% save file and the Ultimate Starter Save for all to use.

So instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Well the first thing you need to do is get some form of USB storage device (You know, like a USB Flash Drive). Simply plug it into the USB port on the PS2 and boot up the console with no disc in so it goes to the menu with Save Data. Find GTA III and press copy, this should copy it to the storage device. Then, take the Flash Drive and plug it in your PC. And the rest is simple... copy the files to your PC and upload them

Did that make sense or should I elaborate further? (And i'm sorry if I have made a small mistake, I haven't been on a PS2 for a long time blush.gif )

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Yes, one more question: what file system should the Flash Drive support?

I've got a Flash Drive with the NTFS file system, and it is not seen on my PS2 for some reason.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:16 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 17 August 2013 - 04:59 PM.

So, after a bit of testing and research I have found out two possible ways to do this:

1) You need 3rd party software like Action Replay Max or CodeBreaker with a USB Flash Drive. Boot up the software and it should read your Flash Drive correctly. Then, copy the files across and place the files on your PC. Known issues: Codebreaker is unable to use USB functions (save transfer included) on model 75000+ slim PS2s. Action Replay Max works on any system but has a memory card corruption glitch in the save transfer software on certain files.

2)You can use a Memory Card Adapter to put the memory card into a PS3, then you can copy the saves from the PS3 (or from the adapter) to a regular Flash Drive and place it in your PC.

Once again, sorry for my mistake above and I hope I have helped icon14.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 19:16)
You need 3rd party software like Action Replay Max or CodeBreaker with a USB Flash Drive. Boot up the software and it should read your Flash Drive correctly. Then, copy the files across and place the files on your PC. Known issues: Codebreaker is unable to use USB functions (save transfer included) on model 75000+ slim PS2s. Action Replay Max works on any system but has a memory card corruption glitch in the save transfer software on certain files.

That would be my only option, since I don't own a PS3.

Several questions arose along the way:

1. So where do I get these programs?
2. How do I install them?
3. How can I know for sure that the 'save glitch' will not destroy my save data stored on the Memory Card? I have valuable saves, and I would hate to lose them!

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 19:06)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 19:16)
You need 3rd party software like Action Replay Max or CodeBreaker with a USB Flash Drive. Boot up the software and it should read your Flash Drive correctly. Then, copy the files across and place the files on your PC. Known issues: Codebreaker is unable to use USB functions (save transfer included) on model 75000+ slim PS2s. Action Replay Max works on any system but has a memory card corruption glitch in the save transfer software on certain files.

That would be my only option, since I don't own a PS3.

Several questions arose along the way:

1. So where do I get these programs?
2. How do I install them?
3. How can I know for sure that the 'save glitch' will not destroy my save data stored on the Memory Card? I have valuable saves, and I would hate to lose them!

1) You can get them online at sites like Amazon or eBay. Im not sure about in stores outside of the internet, especially since certain stores over here are not available in Ukraine.

2) Its like a game, just put the disc in the PS2, i don't remember if any additional setup is required though, don't think so. (Though I only have Action Replay as my dad brought it home one day, long, long ago so my memory of first time setup is pretty destroyed)

3) I'm really not sure, its never happened to me yet it happened once to my cousin, it only affects the save file you copy so be careful and maybe duplicate it if possible on a PS2 system.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

Thanks! I will try to do everything as you told me. Will report back when or if I am done.

And by the way, my PS2 model is not 75000+ Slim, so I hope the Save Corruption glitch will not affect my Memory Card on my PS2 console.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

Mine is not a slim yet my cousins PS2 was, maybe it just happens on the PS2 Slim? And, your welcome for the info that I got wrong originally gave you biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users