How to set up the 'Brain Control ver 5.7' Mod

5 replies to this topic
richom8
  • richom8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hey guys,

So I downloaded the 'Brain Control ver 5.7' Mod from http://www.gta4-mods...l-ver-52-f20196. I opened the winrar file and extracted the folder 'Brain Control ver5.7' onto my desktop. When I opened up the folder, there are two things in there: Brainver57.cs (the type is Visual C# Source file (.cs), if that makes any relevance to this) and ReadMe.

So, the actual problem is that I do not know how to install it. I have GTAIV on Steam and is found in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV. I use OpenIV to install my mods.

I need SPECIFIC instructions on how to install the mod because I am too confused.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

Instructions on first link icon14.gif

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

You should ask where you downloaded it. Or read the ReadMe file!

Anyway this is a script mod. You need:

a relevant version of GTA IV (consult the mod requirements)
Aru's C++ scripthook
Hazardx's .NET scriphook
ASI Loader (any)
.NET Framework 4.5

Then you place that .cs file in the scripts folder in GTA IV directory. In your case C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV\scripts, if that folder does not exists, create it ! If you have followed all the requirements I've told you and the requirements on the ReadMe file (if any) you should be able to run that mod.

Note: the issue your facing is due to lack of search on how to install mods, forgive me if I'm wrong.

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 11:10)
Instructions on first link  icon14.gif

Nice, next time use lmgtfy.com, so much fun.

richom8
  • richom8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Just to make sure,

I followed Frank.s's advice first by clicking onto the first link which was a YouTube video. I downloaded 'Required Scripthook files for 1.0.4.0: http://www.mediafire...zk...0.4.0.rar" in the description. I extracted the 'scripts' folder into my directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV, along with the ScriptHooks outside of the 'scripts' folder.

I obviously had my mod that I wanted to install (mentioned in the topic), and I moved Brainver57.cs into the directory of the 'scripts' folder like the video showed.

Either the mod does not work because I did something wrong, or, I'm just crap at using this mod (Yes, I have looked at the read me of the Brain Control mod).

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (richom8 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 12:08)
Just to make sure,

I followed Frank.s's advice first by clicking onto the first link which was a YouTube video. I downloaded 'Required Scripthook files for 1.0.4.0: http://www.mediafire...zk...0.4.0.rar" in the description. I extracted the 'scripts' folder into my directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV, along with the ScriptHooks outside of the 'scripts' folder.

I obviously had my mod that I wanted to install (mentioned in the topic), and I moved Brainver57.cs into the directory of the 'scripts' folder like the video showed.

Either the mod does not work because I did something wrong, or, I'm just crap at using this mod (Yes, I have looked at the read me of the Brain Control mod).

You should try another script mod to see if it works.

From time to time I have problems with .NET scripthook not loading plain cs files.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users