Photo

Clubbing/Drinking games?

10 replies to this topic
V8VANTAGE
  • V8VANTAGE

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

I was disappointed by the drinking part on GTA IV. You couldn't actually to drink as such. You just walked to the yellow marker and then 3 or 4 seconds later you and a friend would be p*ssed!

This was much improved in the Ballad of Gay Tony, where you could actually go clubbing, go to the bar and order shots. This would be awesome in my opinion if this was implemented and improved in GTA V. Maybe the 3 protags could go drinking together and chill out after successful heists. Maybe get revenge on Michaels wife and have a one nighter with another lady!

What do you think?

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Well you will probably be able to drink, if that's your question.

What is your question? Will you be able to get drunk? Well yeah, probably.

But you could go out drinking with your friends in IV and BoGT and it was boring.

dangr
  • dangr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

I just want way more clubs, beach bars etc

V8VANTAGE
  • V8VANTAGE

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 14:27)
Well you will probably be able to drink, if that's your question.

What is your question? Will you be able to get drunk? Well yeah, probably.

But you could go out drinking with your friends in IV and BoGT and it was boring.

Sorry I should have explained, my bad sad.gif

Do you think there will be interactive drinking gameplay like in Gay Tony? Like I say in GTA IV you didn't really do anything except drive to and from the bar.

In my opinion, the player should be able to decide how many drinks the player(s) have. It should have consequences like ending up in jail if breaking the law, and health related consequences.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (V8VANTAGE @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 14:36)

Do you think there will be interactive drinking gameplay like in Gay Tony? Like I say in GTA IV you didn't really do anything except drive to and from the bar.

In my opinion, the player should be able to decide how many drinks the player(s) have. It should have consequences like ending up in jail if breaking the law, and health related consequences.

i liked in TBOGT that i could actually go up to a bar and have a single drink at a time.

i thought the bartender should have cut me off at some point before i had effectively guzzled enough to kill a non-pixelated lifeform.

you know, it ought to switch after so many drinks in a game-hour to "press X to threaten bartender" to have another round.

i don't want to sit around a table playing quarters with other characters, but it would be cool to have some control over how screwed up i get, and to see that effect come on gradually in proportion to how much i've had. "bartendeerrrrr maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!"
i want to stagger up to the dartboard or the pool table and play it while i can't see straight.

it bothered me too, that you just cut from standing in front of a bar or restaurant to being sated or sotted the next instant. why can't R* animate eating and drinking? they put plenty of time into animating hookers. .. .. oh yeah, 13-16 yr old audience for M rated game. forgot for a second there where the priorities are.

i get what you're saying tho OP i agree icon14.gif

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (dangr @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 14:30)
I just want way more clubs, beach bars etc

I agree. icon14.gif ... I don't just want more bars and such, I want to explore them and do some activities inside of the bar whilst hanging out with friends.

Taco_Gta
  • Taco_Gta

Friendly player

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

yeah it would be cool if you could go for a drink and then someone else in the bar starts mugging you off and you start a fight with them then the whole bar ends up fighting and bar stools get chucked about nd people get bottled ect

dangr
  • dangr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

I also didn't like how police were after Niko when he was driving drunk.
I mean, how could they know it?

It would be better to stop cars for alcohol tests, or to check whether the car is stolen or not (that could also encourage us to gather money and buy our own cars).

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

Rockstar Games learned after GTAIV that social features and in-game relationships should be positively reinforced. As opposed to having a chore presented to you and if you turn it down you lose respect with that friend. Even though the whole "let's go bowling" thing is totally overblown. Friends don't "constantly" harrass you like people make it out to be. I think people are critical of the way GTAIV handled the reinforcement of the task. As a result, I don't think GTAV will require you to go drinking with heist members after missions. I could see the option to hang-out, walk up to a bar, and order a drink though.

oRNoKrazK1ipz
  • oRNoKrazK1ipz

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

I hope its clubs/bars in the ghetto area thats full of gang members so we can have a big ol gang fight maybe shootout in the club.

Chucky_Franklin
  • Chucky_Franklin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

Im gonna blow all my cash every day clubbing as franklin if i can and every next morning ill rob a store with franklin nd trevor just to start the day off

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users