Unique jump problem

13 replies to this topic
typicalgamer
  • typicalgamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

This unique jump ramp is a metal staircase at the end of an alley in north-western Little Haiti.
I've tried using the following vehicles, but no luck:

PCJ-600
Infernus
Cheetah
Stinger
Banshee
Deluxo
Comet

And yet, I've seen a video of someone completing it with a PCJ-600. I have no idea how he made such a humongous leap. I just can't make it that far, regardless of what vehicle I use.
Here's the link to that video.
I'm stuck at 99.1% because of this and I'm getting very frustrated. Please help.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

Use a Biker Angel and remember to lean slightly forward on the run-up:

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

I just finished this game not too long ago . I don't recall that jump being very difficult . Make sure you lean correctly the whole time .

Also at 99.1 percent Im not so sure that just the one jump will give you 100%
Perhaps you did it not realizing and you still have something else to do .
I had thought I beat the whole game too then I realized there were pcj checkpoints on both islands .

typicalgamer
  • typicalgamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:50 AM Edited by typicalgamer, 14 August 2013 - 11:59 AM.

@stangone50: yes, I'm sure that completing this jump will give me 100%. I have a list of all the things that have to be done to get 100% in VCS and I've been following it carefully and thoroughly. I've done everything except for this problematic jump.

@GTAPhreak: I'm pessimistic about that. I've already tried using one of the Freeways(these bikes are similar to the Angels) parked in front of the Stallionz bar, but no luck.
In the video that I've linked to, the jump was done with the PCJ-600. I couldn't make that long leap with the PCJ, so I doubt I'll have any chance with the Biker Angel.
I've also tried leaning forward with the PCJ-600, but that didn't help either.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

The Biker Angel is the best jumping bike in the game, infinitely better than a Freeway.

I've never completed the White Stallionz jump on a stock Freeway, but it is possible with the "Super Handling" Freeway from "The Bum Deal".

typicalgamer
  • typicalgamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have that special Freeway. Why bother to keep special vehicles in VCS? The safehouse garages in this game are unreliable and they often eat vehicles.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

I tested this jump last night and after about 10 tries could not do it .
I turned it back on this morning and got it my second try .
I used the pcj leaning the whole time but letting off at the same time you hit the ramp all the while holding the gas .
Something about those gta series videos they make it look so easy . I noticed he did not start leaning till he was half way there which would make it impossible so I don't know how they did it .
This happened to me in san andreas to on jump 50 . Its a relatively easy jump but I could not get it to register for nothing , so I played another game then played again the next day and got it instantly.
Also the jump only gave me 0.4 % which is what I thought . That's why I was thinking you may be missing something else ..

well good luck

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (stangone50 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 13:12)
Also the jump only gave me 0.4 % which is what I thought . That's why I was thinking you may be missing something else ..

The last jump pays double %, or alternatively phrased: You get % for completing all jumps.

To those with problems with this jump, please just try the Biker Angel, it's so much easier with that bike.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 12:58)

The last jump pays double %, or alternatively phrased: You get % for completing all jumps.

To those with problems with this jump, please just try the Biker Angel, it's so much easier with that bike.

Oh ok that's c ool I did not realize . I just finished San Andreas jumps and they don't give you dick , not even a message saying you completed them

Baris_22
  • Baris_22

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Use aerodynamic position.

typicalgamer
  • typicalgamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:01 AM Edited by typicalgamer, 17 August 2013 - 08:22 AM.

QUOTE (stangone50 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 13:20)
QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 12:58)

Oh ok that's c ool I did not realize . I just finished San Andreas jumps and they don't give you dick , not even a message saying you completed them

Unique jumps in San Andreas aren't required for 100%.
QUOTE (Barris_22)
Use aerodynamic position.

I don't understand. Can you explain?

Anyway, the Biker Angel seems to be the most promising bike for this jump. With the other bikes(including the PCJ-600) it can be difficult to even make the game detect that I'm trying for the unique jump (and activate the slow-motion camera).
With the Angel I can easily activate the jump camera every time, but I still haven't been able to make it far enough.
Apparently, leaning forward on any bike(by pushing the analog stick forward) doesn't help at all; in fact it seems to have the opposite effect.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

You need to lean SLIGHTLY forward, optimum is when Vic is in his lowest possible position on the bike.

typicalgamer
  • typicalgamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:22 PM Edited by typicalgamer, 31 August 2013 - 06:17 AM.

QUOTE (GTA Phreak)
You need to lean SLIGHTLY forward, optimum is when Vic is in his lowest possible position on the bike.

Thanks man! I thought I was completely hopeless. I tried this method with the Biker Angel and completed the jump easily. All I had to do, was push the analog stick slightly forward(instead of all the way forward), causing Vic to adopt aerodynamic position and reduce drag.
Finally, I have 100% in VCS.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:53 AM

Yes that jump is a bitch indeed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users