How to show the map

10 replies to this topic
Bender
  • Bender

is it christmas avatar time already?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Is there a map in GTA III like in the later games where you can see where you are and stuff?
if not, how can i find stuff like the packages without knowing where i am?

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

The map isn't accesable in III. It's a hardcore game, you need to memorise its map tounge.gif

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 13 August 2013 - 09:05 PM.

There is only a map in the Android/iOS version. If you are using a different console to play GTA III on, you will have to search and memorise the map as SilentPL says or look up guides on the internet

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

Yeah you have to remember the map. But it's really not that hard to remember, just remember that the map is kinda small. everything will be familiar to you sooner or later, you'll have no problem.

As for looking for packages, if you feel you need help you can look up guides...they come in the form of maps, or images, or descriptions or any combination of those. The only map you'll get is the radar.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to look for a mod that allows a map though. As GTAKid667 says, only the Android/IOS version has a map. The PS2 and PC versions don't.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

As an alternative, if you happen to own GTA LCS, you can use its in-game map for GTA III. They are like 90%+ similar.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

As everyone else said, there is no in-game map. You'll just have to memorize the map. Personally, I know where every place in LC is due to playing the game so much. Especially in Portland. Also, you can use the LCS foldable map, as Arsen stated. If you don't have access to that, then your best bet is to search III's map on the internet.

Bender
  • Bender

is it christmas avatar time already?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 21:44)
As everyone else said, there is no in-game map. You'll just have to memorize the map. Personally, I know where every place in LC is due to playing the game so much. Especially in Portland. Also, you can use the LCS foldable map, as Arsen stated. If you don't have access to that, then your best bet is to search III's map on the internet.

I wonder if i can remember the whole map. i only know SA good.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (StuntmanDYOM @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 08:40)

You will, eventually. There once was a time when you barely knew one block of SA map, and taking into account that SA is 4 times as big as LC, you will have no problem.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (StuntmanDYOM @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 01:40)

I'm sure you won't have problems memorizing it, I never fully played the game until last Summer and I memorized it in less than 7 hours!

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 10:45)
QUOTE (StuntmanDYOM @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 01:40)

I'm sure you won't have problems memorizing it, I never fully played the game until last Summer and I memorized it in less than 7 hours!

Only so, I should say, 7 or less hours is enough only to know the map in general. To discover slightest details that nobody seems to notice, it will take days, weeks, maybe even months or years of free roaming around the city. But in the end, you will know every square centimeter like the back of your hand.

SomeDude2003
  • SomeDude2003

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

[FONT=Times] You can only access the map for GTA III on IOS devices. For PC GTA III, you have to mesmerize it. Here's a map you can use. smile.gif Click Here for a picture of the GTA III map

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users