Photo

No commuter trains/buses?

12 replies to this topic
Tecneac
  • Tecneac

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Posting this from my phone so I can't copy the picture, but in the section of new screens and info, there is a line about the mass transit in San Andreas being done with for 60 years. Slip up on R* part or are we getting the shaft on wreaking havoc with a bus full of citizens? I doubt this will be the case, but has anyone actually seen a bus or a commuter train in any screens or videos?

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'm pretty sure the CVG guys who saw the demo mentioned NPCs who would wait at the bus stop to commute to work.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Tecneac @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 15:16)
Posting this from my phone so I can't copy the picture, but in the section of new screens and info, there is a line about the mass transit in San Andreas being done with for 60 years. Slip up on R* part or are we getting the shaft on wreaking havoc with a bus full of citizens? I doubt this will be the case, but has anyone actually seen a bus or a commuter train in any screens or videos?

There were buses in trailer 2. The whole mass transit being shut down for 60 years is just a reference to car dependency in Los Angeles, and North America for that matter.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

seen a few buses based on the rapid in a few sreenshots..
think the brazil info we just recieved confirmed bus service

arrowface10
  • arrowface10

The Protagonist

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

As far as I recall there were buses in every trailer, literally driving around.

So

1. You looked away, when you played the trailer.

2. You are Blind.

truthful
  • truthful

The truthful

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

yes I noticed that too...they are conflicting that's why I say don't take everything literally.

Tecneac
  • Tecneac

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Honestly in the trailers I paid more attention to script and gameplay, the background kind of fades away as I'm normally at work when I get to watch these. Thanks for all the input from everyone though, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who saw this or maybe misinterpreted this.

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

I think the 60 years without mass transit relates to this:

http://en.wikipedia....tcar_conspiracy

MrOptimusGuy
  • MrOptimusGuy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Its already been confirmed that we can ride on busses...

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

I read this more as a social commentary than a reference to denying people of using transportation. After visiting LA recently, I have to say that driving is insane. It takes 20 minutes to go 4 miles. Depending on the time, traffic is either glacier speed, or 90 mph when on the freeway. It is a sprawling, commuter city. Public transportation is there, we've already seen some of it in official screenshots and video. However, as in real-life, Los Santos is all about pumping more smog into the atmosphere by driving your $50,000 gas guzzler. I think that's what they meant.

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 15:22)
I think the 60 years without mass transit relates to this:

http://en.wikipedia....tcar_conspiracy

Most likely... Plus I was reminded of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. lol.gif

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

If there's no buses, trains, trollies, and the fuc*king forklifts don't work, then R* needs to lay of the whiskey.

Isuck100%
  • Isuck100%

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

Public buses have appeared in many screenshots and trailers so they are definitely part of traffic. Whether or not you can actually use them as transportation, aside from jacking them, is unknown. We have also seen a subway entrance in the second trailer when Franklin is escaping the police on a motorcycle with a helicopter overhead. The subway should be in the game, but not as expansive as Liberty City's metro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users