Is this Grove Street?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
179 replies to this topic
thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

grove for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one

Rjeev142
  • Rjeev142

Snitches get stitches

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'm sorry, but where is exactly is this picture on the website?

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Rjeev142 @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 19:01)

http://www.rockstarg...endly-neighbors

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (robbbbbbb @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 17:21)
A cul-de-sac is a cul-de-sac. They all look kind of similar...

Exactly. I could say the cul-de-sac from GTA San Andreas is based off of the cul-de-sac from Ed Edd & Eddy. Who's to say I'm wrong? dozingoff.gif

Rjeev142
  • Rjeev142

Snitches get stitches

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 19:04)
QUOTE (Rjeev142 @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 19:01)

http://www.rockstarg...endly-neighbors

Guess I didn't pay attention to the background! Thanks for pointing that out!

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

It could just be a Cul-de-sac similar to Grove street, since I'm sure there's atleast a couple in real life LA. R* probably just wanna throw a little nod to SA by having it look just like GS.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

That is most definately Grove Street, check out the skyline, you can see the stadium and Bridge supports in the background.

If it's not called Grove Street it's likely an easter egg.

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Owedem Wingy @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 18:41)
Anyone else notice the low clouds? Look at the top of those poles

No, those poles got cut down by one of dem niggas cuz he needed his shoes back.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 14:19)
I don't personally think it is Grove street, but i think it's a spiritual easter egg. A place to reminisce.
Here's a better comparison.

user posted image

I'm with you on that. It is very reminiscent - the wall over there, the wide garage - but not enough room for Carl's House between them!

Maybe it IS grove street, and the "myth" carl didn't exist, so his house wouldn't either? (R* say III last gen era are like legends and myths to IV and V current gen era)

Maybe it's meant to look like "the real grove street" and the "SA grove street" is the "urban legend" grove street. maybe it's actually planned that way, to solidify their view on the two generations' separation?

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 18:19)
I don't personally think it is Grove street, but i think it's a spiritual easter egg. A place to reminisce.
Here's a better comparison.

user posted image

Not Grove Street, GTA 5 will have many cup-de-sacs like this. If you look closely in the far distance you can see the Bank tower? So this would be facing the wrong direction since Grove street would be facing the other way. And with the shadow direction and length, we should see a shadow from the overpass, and there isn't.

DoItLikeDorner
  • DoItLikeDorner

I Suck Titty

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Negan @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 18:12)
QUOTE (Grandtheftauto6969 @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 18:09)
no, it looks like since cj and his homies left, the ballas have moved in.

CJ never existed in this universe.

As far as my mind is concerned CJ did exist in this Universe just like Grove st and the Ballas existed and still do exist, he's just not around anymore he's moved on. You cant just rewrite GTA history like that bro that's not how it works, you dont work for R* so keep all you're little so called facts to yourself.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (DoItLikeDorner @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 16:19)

As far as my mind is concerned CJ did exist in this Universe just like Grove st and the Ballas existed and still do exist, he's just not around anymore he's moved on. You cant just rewrite GTA history like that bro that's not how it works, you dont work for R* so keep all you're little so called facts to yourself.

No, Grove street, the set isn't back, it's a new 'Families' gang in their place, and I'm certain Ballas is a general term like 'Mafia'.

DoItLikeDorner
  • DoItLikeDorner

I Suck Titty

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 22:20)

No, Grove street, the set isn't back, it's a new 'Families' gang in their place, and I'm certain Ballas is a general term like 'Mafia'.

Who told you "Grove street, the set isn't back" ? And if the Ballas is just a general term like the Mafia why wasn't they in IV ?

Oh, tell Dan & Sam I said, Hi.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (DoItLikeDorner @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 22:19)

Rockstar themselves have said that past characters DO NOT EXIST IN THE NEW UNIVERSE...How many times we gotta go over this??? If you want CJ so bad jusy play San Andreas... I mean whatelse do you want?? You want CJ back in V?? For what?? Just so he can be like 'Yeah OG 4 life nigga, lets rob some banks and sh*t, and leave our OG tag in the safe vault to show these ballas what BALLIN' is all about'

Negan
  • Negan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

Oh really ? CJ moved on? Do you have atleast a bit of common sense?

Let me explain this for idiot like you:

Los Santos in GTA:SA is totally different than this Los Santos. So CJ moved away and the whole city and countryside has changed in the
meantime and LV and SF just vaporized? These characters cant exist here because their cities were different. Christ.
  • tom_p1980 likes this

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Goldcard @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 16:27)

Rockstar themselves have said that past characters DO NOT EXIST IN THE NEW UNIVERSE...How many times we gotta go over this??? If you want CJ so bad jusy play San Andreas... I mean whatelse do you want?? You want CJ back in V?? For what?? Just so he can be like 'Yeah OG 4 life nigga, lets rob some banks and sh*t, and leave our OG tag in the safe vault to show these ballas what BALLIN' is all about'

HAHA LOL! You have a point! maybe some easter egg will be fine...

DoItLikeDorner
  • DoItLikeDorner

I Suck Titty

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Goldcard @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 22:27)

Tell me where I said I wanted CJ to return and I'll STFU but if not, STFU bro.

@Negan Its not the exact same Los Santos it was in 1992 but it is the same Universe its just and altered version of the old one dont cry about it like a bitch.

Plus, where the f*ck did I say the old characters would be returning ? I think you're the only idiot out of me and you.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (DoItLikeDorner @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 16:27)

Who told you "Grove street, the set isn't back" ? And if the Ballas is just a general term like the Mafia why wasn't they in IV ?

You're post gave me cancer, Please try to make a comprehensible sentence next time.
My brain hurts. cryani.gif

First off, Gangs are never reused, Rockstar always has a new name for the gangs in each their games.

Secondly, What I meant by that, was Ballas is probably a general term for a type of gang, like Mafia, Mob, Triads etc...
Doesn't mean its the name of a specific gang. The reason why Ballas weren't in IV is likely because the type of gangs in New York are a different type compared to the ones in LA.

Negan
  • Negan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (DoItLikeDorner @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 22:38)
QUOTE (Mr_Goldcard @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 22:27)

Tell me where I said I wanted CJ to return and I'll STFU but if not, STFU bro.

@Negan Its not the exact same Los Santos it was in 1992 but it is the same Universe its just and altered version of the old one dont cry about it like a bitch.

Plus, where the f*ck did I say the old characters would be returning ? I think you're the only idiot out of me and you.

Youre the one who cries here, you must be 10 years old if yo udont understand it.

Physical characters from 3D era ARE NOT RETURNING!

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

lol rockstar. lets say old characters do not exists in this era, but bring back all the old gangs and their names

Tyrone91
  • Tyrone91

G.I.P my nigga poppy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

hell naw man this just a regular cul de sac in los santos.

Neo Arcadia
  • Neo Arcadia

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (DoItLikeDorner @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 18:38)
Its not the exact same Los Santos it was in 1992 but it is the same Universe its just and altered version of the old one dont cry about it like a bitch.

Oh for f*ck's sake. dozingoff.gif

READ THE DAMN Q&As WITH ROCKSTAR. The Los Santos of SA is in the 3D Universe. V's Los Santos is in the HD Universe.

Ignorant little sh*ts like you who are intent on living under rocks irritate me to no end. This is probably the 10th time I've seen some dumbass claiming the games are in the same universe. sneaky2.gif

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

Yeah... well.... Ill be playing as Vercetti in GTA: Online. with my collectors edition DLC

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

It looks like a redesigned, rundown version of grove street. And it's probably been taken over by crackheads and ballas.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

Possibly, Will Cj be back though > no, no he won't.

DoItLikeDorner
  • DoItLikeDorner

I Suck Titty

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 22:41)
QUOTE (DoItLikeDorner @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 16:27)

You're post gave me cancer, Please try to make a comprehensible sentence next time.
My brain hurts. cryani.gif

First off, Gangs are never reused, Rockstar always has a new name for the gangs in each their games.

Secondly, What I meant by that, was Ballas is probably a general term for a type of gang, like Mafia, Mob, Triads etc...
Doesn't mean its the name of a specific gang. The reason why Ballas weren't in IV is likely because the type of gangs in New York are a different type compared to the ones in LA.

I'm struggling to understand your stupidity and ignorance, all I did was ask you 2 simple questions in response to your claims that A. "Grove street, the set isn't back" b. "I'm certain Ballas is a general term like 'Mafia'." SO EITHER ANSWER THE QUESTIONS OR STFU.

@Negan Again, tell me where I stated physical characters from the 3D era are returning ? Or like your Canadian friend over here STFU.

Demolition Man
  • Demolition Man

Made man

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

Its pretty similar, Rockstar doesn't put things out there just for the sake of it. Everything has a meaning.
Maybe its just an homage to Grove St. Another thing could be that Grove St has been overtaken by the Ballas, so now it could be called Grove St Ballas.

About CJ's house, if there is a connection between both universes, it could that the house has been demolished or burned down. Gang reprisals. Many years have passed.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (73duster @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 03:35)
It looks TOO much like Grove St. for it NOT to be. So much for "alternate universes". As for the Ballas, a lot can happen in 20 years.

Relax, this is more of an easter egg.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (DoItLikeDorner @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 16:53)

I'm struggling to understand your stupidity and ignorance, all I did was ask you 2 simple questions in response to your claims that A. "Grove street, the set isn't back" b. "I'm certain Ballas is a general term like 'Mafia'." SO EITHER ANSWER THE QUESTIONS OR STFU.

@Negan Again, tell me where I stated physical characters from the 3D era are returning ? Or like your Canadian friend over here STFU.

A. Rockstar doesn't reuse Gangs. Simple.

B. Ballas is a General term similar to Mafia.

If you can't understand these simple answers, I pity you.

BuskyChowChow
  • BuskyChowChow

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Drake1212 @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 17:20)
It's real, but it doesn't look anything like Groove St. It's not like Groove St. is the only cul-de-sac in the world.

http://www.google.ie...BA&ved=0CAIQsCU

had to biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users