Just bought GTA IV

16 replies to this topic
high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

So I went to my local Tesco last night for some bits and ended up coming home with gta 4 and energy drink lol.gif . Ive played all of the other gta's to a degree and completed san andreas a few times, but ive never played gta 4 and im actually impressed at the quality of it so far but the lack of options for camera lock while driving sucks ass but im pretty lucky i have this game to fill my long month ahead and having never played it before its all new so will i be well entertained for a month or let down?

Random one i know but thats what no sleep and mary j do to thee tounge.gif

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (high91 @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 10:50)
Random one i know but thats what no sleep and mary j do to thee tounge.gif

Yes quite, would one like a spot of midnight tea?

OT: IV won't be a let down, that's for sure!

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

For a month you should be very entertained.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

Wow, I thought i was behind the times having not played TBOGT (accidentally payed twice for that on PS Store yesterday. FML)

Thats the first time i heard someone mention car camera angles on this forum and I totally agree. I always find myself lifting the camera so I can see the front of the car for tight corners and squeezing between traffic.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

I get the part about lifting the camera, but in the end I was use to it and found it quite easy to handle. Not only that I liked having complete control over the Camera. I kind of expect it to be the same though in V.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 10:59)
I get the part about lifting the camera, but in the end I was use to it and found it quite easy to handle. Not only that I liked having complete control over the Camera. I kind of expect it to be the same though in V.

Still, it would be amazing and unique if they made a camera angle editor and let the user choose the angle

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Awesome, I picked up IV again recently.

I've just arrived in Bohan. I'm taking it real slow. I probably won't even finish it before V comes out but it's cool to get back into it and get the GTA feel back. I love GTA but I had just played them too damn much that I got burnt out and stopped playing. In the mean time I picked up RDR and Max Payne 3 so I've not stopped playing Rockstar titles.

Have fun!!

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Have fun amigo icon14.gif

BattleExel26
  • BattleExel26

22's on a box Chevy

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

How much did it cost for you?

Anyways, have fun playing. smile.gif

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

I agree, for some there should be a option for a lock on camera and such.. But then you'd never have the chance to learn to control the camera and for me atleast it did immerse me more while driving. I do hope they lift the camera just a little, but if they didn't I'd know why because they want you to be in full control of the camera.. Like I said I did learn to use the camera and once I did I started to enjoy having to use it.

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Bought the game on release day, still remember it.
In 2008 the graphics were over the top for an open world game.

During the first hours i remember crashing my bike over and over again just to admire the ragdoll physics tounge.gif

Specs_1992
  • Specs_1992

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

i just completed gta iv after starting a week ago, forgot how good it actually was. now i am going to play TLAD and TBOGT. also if you are looking for a game to play to pass the time get the last of us. Easily the best game i have played

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

All i can say is have fun with the game, it's really cool, I used to play it loads back in the day Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

I have been playing IV the last month and still, after playing it a few years back.

I have a mixed feeling about it. Some stuff is great if you take the time to enjoy it to the fullest.
If you can appreciate everything you see there is quite some good stuff in it.

But if you work everyday and dont have alot of time to play it, you only experience how it is to go through the story etc.

A little afraid V can get boring quickly too but i dont know.

The thing that i still play a lot is the Deal Breaker multiplayer game. Still remains fun.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

For a month, you should get lots of fun out of it. Especially since you're new to it. I've had it for numerous months, and I still love the game, and play it almost daily.

Tony Vitali
  • Tony Vitali

The Zombie Elvis Hunter

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

Is very nice to see you also joined gtaforums. This is the great place to be when you're GTA-fan.

I got PS3 and GTAIV at June this year. Also been playing other GTAs at the past. Completed story missions early this month and only jumps, pigeons and some random peds are unfinished.

While ago bought Episodes and now playing TLAD with 32.42% progress.

Imo IV is great, but the story isn't so good. Too many characters which lead to that some were kinda shallow and useless. Sometimes the story's continuation were weird and some line of missions felt irrelevant. I hope that playing Episodes will fix the overall story and make some characters more significant. But still the game is very good and fun to play.

Reserved GTAV from my nearest gameshop, so I can get it when it's released. Hope to get through TLAD and TBOGT before it.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Welcome to the party! Surprised you left it until 5 years after release wow.gif . It'll keep you out of mischief for a while. Just put aside a whole weekend to dedicate yourself to doing the "flying rats" and stunt jumps.

I had to purchase the GTAIV Complete Edition a few weeks ago, as my copies of IV and Episodes was beginning to resemble an ice rink. I'm playing through IV and then the Episodes once again before V is released.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users