Photo

Where will the hot rod and electric car be

53 replies to this topic
Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

Where will they be located? I hope they are not in Franklins house cause that would be kinda weird, guy inthe ghettos of South LS owning a hot rod and an electric car

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

I hope there will only be one of each in the game for those who pre ordered. I'd hate to drive around and see a bunch of them just like mine.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

I'd assume the electric car is Micheal's. Kind of fits him and his family. Environmentally friendly (not really but has the pretense of being so) but also pretty fast and expensive as hell.

The hot rod would fit either Trevor or Franklin though IMO it fits Trevor better. Trevor with that Flaming Bowling shirt and the Hotknife. Just fits IMO.

nickaroni
  • nickaroni

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

A gangster, car repo guy, druggie with nice cars? You're right, sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

I hope so.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

All collectors edition gives you is early access to the cars... Everyone is able to get them at some point...

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (UltimateVenom @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 00:58)
All collectors edition gives you is early access to the cars... Everyone is able to get them at some point...

WHAT!? cry.gif

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

YOU MEAN I PAID 150 DOLLARS FOR SOMETHING THAT EVERONE ELSE WILL HAVE!??

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

Speculation, though he's probably right in that they will be out as DLC eventually.

To nickarooni,

I agree that Franklin will probably have access to a lot of higher end cars, but IMO the Khamelion and the Hotknife don't really fit him. Granted he might well turn out to be a huge fan of hot rods and older cars...but from what we have seen I imagine him more in an Infernus, Banshee, Comet, Sultan, or 9F or something along those lines.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (73duster @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 01:00)

WHAT!? cry.gif

All your getting is early access to a garage to store cars in. It is pre stocked with hotrod, carbon rd and electric car in online... Read the fine print tounge.gif

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

"Players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930ís style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car."

http://www.rockstarg...collectors.html

Just for validity

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

The people saying the DLC in the Collectors Edition will be free eventually are just wishful thinkers.

nickaroni
  • nickaroni

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 01:03)
Speculation, though he's probably right in that they will be out as DLC eventually.

To nickarooni,

I agree that Franklin will probably have access to a lot of higher end cars, but IMO the Khamelion and the Hotknife don't really fit him. Granted he might well turn out to be a huge fan of hot rods and older cars...but from what we have seen I imagine him more in an Infernus, Banshee, Comet, Sultan, or 9F or something along those lines.

I don't quite follow what you mean by "fit him". Any of the 3 characters can get into any vehicle, at any time, right? Trevor can grab a comet, and race Franklin in a tractor and it would just feel like GTA. There's really no limitation.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (GTAVTheHeat @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 01:05)
"Players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930ís style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car."

Just for validity

Yep stocked. No where does it state they are ce only.

Specs_1992
  • Specs_1992

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

Bit confused with the khamelion. Will it still be in single player for me to use? I am getting the normal edition

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Goldcard @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 01:02)
YOU MEAN I PAID 150 DOLLARS FOR SOMETHING THAT EVERONE ELSE WILL HAVE!??

Naw you really paid for the physical merchandise, the cap, money bag, steel box art, that box, that is all pretty expensive, the cap itself can retail for between $20-$30!

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (UltimateVenom @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 01:08)
QUOTE (GTAVTheHeat @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 01:05)

Just for validity

Yep stocked. No where does it state they are ce only.

So there really isn't anything worth the extra cash. I don't really care about the collectable trinkets. facedesk.gif facedesk.gif facedesk.gif

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:13 AM

You know what I meant nickarooni. Despite all the options you have certain things make more sense visually.

Micheal in a suit and on an ATV doesn't make much sense thematically. Neither does Trevor in his stained white T-Shirt driving the most expensive car in the game. That doesn't mean that you can't do those things, of course you can it's GTA, but they would be unlikely to be seen as promotional screenshots.

Whether the vehicles you get in CE in a prestocked garage are available in Standard GTAV prior to any DLC...they haven't really specified. They haven't said they're available to everyone with time or that they are available only as DLC.

In all likelihood they are eventually unlocked via single or multiplayer. I believe the Khamelion was unlocked for MP whilst the others were SP. THough I may have read wrong.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

Clothes 50%special abilty boosts and GTA online characters

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

Whoa hold on just a second there if the electric car is available for online only does that mean were gonna have our own safehouses???

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:16 AM Edited by GlitzyTomb, 13 August 2013 - 01:19 AM.

I'm really wondering which GTA online characters are unlocked.

Only HD Era? Only HD Era Protagonists?

It would be nice to see some HD version of Fido, Tommy, and CJ...or at least a few of your friends from GTAIV. Brucie, Packie, Little Jacob, Badman, and maybe Roman.

Edit: Regarding garages/safehouses in MP as a logical assumption given Khamelion in MP...

Perhaps something like a series of Parking Garages throughout the world wherein you can approach a Valet NPC who will fetch you whatever vehicle it is you want...

Or just a couple garages that anyone can access and as long as someone else isn't messing about with it you can use it to retrieve whichever vehicle you have stored there yourself.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 01:16)
I'm really wondering which GTA online characters are unlocked.

Only HD Era? Only HD Era Protagonists?

It would be nice to see some HD version of Fido, Tommy, and CJ...or at least a few of your friends from GTAIV. Brucie, Packie, Little Jacob, Badman, and maybe Roman.

I'm thinking it will feature some if not all of the main cast from GTAIV and the TBoGT/TlaD DLC's

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

I think you're right. I'm hoping they either expand beyond GTAIV and it's DLCs or at least include a lot of the side characters and/or the attires the side characters were wearing.

Hoping it comes available to everyone shortly as well. Either as an unlock by MP or SP progression or perhaps as a System Update with the first Patch.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (Specs_1992 @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 01:10)
Bit confused with the khamelion. Will it still be in single player for me to use? I am getting the normal edition

More than likely you will need to find one and steal it, or buy one (in game) but ce buyers will start with one for online only and will still have to do the same as you in single player.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 02:07)
The people saying the DLC in the Collectors Edition will be free eventually are just wishful thinkers.

The people who think the collectors/special edition has in game items that are permeate exclusives to them editions are deluded. All in game items will be avaible to everyone in some way, shape or form. I would advise against getting any of these editions unless you really want the physical items.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 01:21)

The people who think the collectors/special edition has in game items that are permeate exclusives to them editions are deluded. All in game items will be avaible to everyone in some way, shape or form. I would advise against getting any of these editions unless you really want the physical items.

The online characters will be exclusive.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 01:21)

icon14.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Goldcard @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 02:22)

The online characters will be avaible to everyone to download at some point just as in Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption so no they won't.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 01:24)
QUOTE (Mr_Goldcard @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 02:22)

The online characters will be avaible to everyone to download at some point just as in Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption so no they won't.

Beat me to it tounge.gif

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

You don't know that... These are exclusives, only for people who have the Collector's edition.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users