Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV Video editor with Vegas Pro (bug)

5 replies to this topic
SwizzyOne
  • SwizzyOne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:19 PM Edited by SwizzyOne, 12 August 2013 - 09:26 PM.

Hi,
Recently I tested the video editor of GTA IV. Everything is good, I managed to render my video in 1080p.
Then I look at the video in wmv (rendering format) and it's great.

However, I want edit my video in Vegas Pro or Premiere Pro, so I import the file (wmv) and I see a black screen at the top of my video (half of the video)... But my video is complete when I look with Windows Media Player (or VLC..etc). It's the same on Premiere Pro and After Effects.

I tried to render my video in 720p or "Internet", there is always the problem of black screen at the top.. I already tried to reinstall my game GTA IV.
I tried without ENB Series and on EFLC, the same..

Please help me, it's really important for me.

SCREENSHOT: user posted image

SwizzyOne
  • SwizzyOne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

UP, please.

SwizzyOne
  • SwizzyOne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

UP....

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

WMV is probably the culprit here. It's not an editing format, and even thought Premiere is pretty versatile when it comes to cutting delivery formats, it can lead to good times like what you're currently suffering from. sad.gif

Looks like you're on a mac - I'd recommend using .mov files in one of these formats:

- ProRes (requires FCP, I think? But maybe you can get the codecs with Quicktime Pro?)
- Apple Intermediate Codec
- Avid DNxHD

If disk space is an issue, you can try mp4's with H.264, 8000kbp/s picture and uncompressed (Linear PCM) audio.
Use Quicktime Pro (7) or Mpegstreamclip to convert the videos to another format.

WMV doesn't play well with macs, especially if you're running an old or cracked version of Flip4Mac.

Edit - sh*t, no, you're just using an OSX skin, aren't you? tounge.gif

In that case, use Avid DNxHD or Uncompressed AVI (if'n you've got a lot of space) orrrrrrrrr follow the advice that applies to mp4.

Cheers.

SwizzyOne
  • SwizzyOne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Yes, OSX skin ^^ I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate.
I've just contact R* support, I will see.

SwizzyOne
  • SwizzyOne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

It's settled, it was the game resolution to 1920x1080 59Hz instead of 60Hz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users