[GTAO] Patch & Upgrades Wishlist
Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:48 AM Edited by DontCallMeSurly, 14 August 2013 - 03:53 AM.
I'm really excited to see how Grand Theft Auto Online pulls through on August 15th. Here's what I want to see in the multiplayer aspect of Grand Theft Auto V:
- Ranked Matches: These matches are where your rank actually matters... For ranked, I want multiplayer to incorporate what seems to be the majority favored option of Red Dead Redemption or a more Max Payne 3 ranking system. That meaning, as you progress you earn rank and cash. The more cash you have and the higher rank you get, you can unlock new clothing options, unlock bigger and better guns, and afford the more expensive weapons. This system, I think, would appease the those who like to rank up and show their prowess to the community. To summarize, unlike GTA IV's Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, etc., this would eliminate the need to drive or run around the map collecting weapons and allow for more quick and intense fire fights and gunplay.
- Player Matches (Specifically Free Mode): First and foremost, I love this gamemode that was first introduced in GTA IV. For those who don't know, Free Mode allows for 16 players to run around the in-game open world and do whatever they wish. For Free Mode, I hope this is where rank will not matter, with the exception of available clothing. Instead, I want to see the old "gun-system" return from GTA IV, where every gun in singleplayer was open to the player from the start. Instead of doing tedious gang-hideouts over and over again (Red Dead Redemption reference) to get a decent rifle, you were allowed to drive or run a few blocks, pick from a wide array of weapons, and be on your way. For a "gamer" like me, I want to be able to pick up a game, play it for an hour or so with friends, and then continue with my day. I don't want to spend a day or more ranking up just to get a certain weapon. As a sidenote, this is Free Mode, it's not Deathmatch, there should be no competition or need to kill another player, nor should there be a reward for doing so.
- I think having both of these "systems" in ranked and player (Free Mode) matches would allow for the best of both worlds to appease to both groups who either like to rank up and to those who don't.
Well, I have an entire list of things I'd like to see in multiplayer, ranging from NPCs to mini-games with friends, but I want to keep this as short as it can be. In addition, I think the "gun system" has the biggest impact on how we play the game...mode...thingy.
Whew, well that's it! Enjoy the trailer on Thursday and see everyone in Los Santos!
Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:08 PM
Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:21 AM Edited by Daz, 15 August 2013 - 07:25 AM.
-ALL vehicles in multiplayer without question. (If not in the vehicle rotation, give all vehicles a spawning point on the map or the ability to get it from a garage. (Free roam) (No clue why there was no Tampa in TBOGT free roam.)
-The ability to spawn right next to a selected player, or in their vehicle with them. (Free roam or team games)
-Choosing a default favorite vehicle to spawn into upon respawn. (In Free roam)
-The same options as IV but made easier (Cops on/off, traffic on/off.
-Locked Matches but allow friends to join.
-More health packs on the street to fix your car.
-Passengers allowed to fire ANY weapon out of the car window, or at least shotguns and assault rifles.
-Enemy gang hideouts to raid (similar to RDR)
-Weekly/Daily challenges and updates for things to do to gain additional XP.
Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:51 AM
|QUOTE (Markhosdangerous @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 20:41)|
Maybe in the free Roam you can buy houses and invite some friends there and play pool or something like that... I don't know, it would be good to play minigames from SP on multiplayer with your friends...
it would be sick if you could rob players homes
Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:59 AM
There should be a category for Beginner,Normal,Hard
When you have Specific Kill number you can go on to next difficulty
I always get killed in GTA IV in Multiplayer
Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:04 PM
No stupid f*cking lobby screens with a bunch of newbs that don't know how to hit ready, or kick the king who isn't hitting ready so you wind up waiting 20 f*cking minutes for a game that is over in 3 minutes.
Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:10 PM
|QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 07:21)|
|-Passengers allowed to fire ANY weapon out of the car window, or at least shotguns and assault rifles.|
This. It pissed me off so bad that you couldn't use the rocket launcher from the helicopter in IV. You could shoot rockets from the heli in SP!!!! Last mission! So obviously there is code to support it. But since you can't "lock on" while hanging on the side of a chopper, it made trying to shoot from it pointless. Only way to attack other players was with grenades, and that was dumb luck at best. So yeah, rockets from choppers if you aren't the pilot or the copilot, and please let us use assault rifles if we are a passenger in a car.
Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:40 PM
Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by UP9390, 15 August 2013 - 08:10 PM.
Being able to switch clothes in-game; Having a Tactical SWAT Uniform in your cruiser if a SHTF situation occurs...
Being able to join the US Military! (Army and Air National Guard, along with Coast Guard)
Rockstar also give us legal ways to earn money online; being a firefighter for example or an Armed Security Guard watching a bank or an Armored Bank Truck.
Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:50 PM
|QUOTE (StellarFish20 @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 21:22)|
| Got a few things:|
- Our own safehouse (Could be the skyscraper we saw at the end of the first gameplay trailer?) + garage
- Vehicle and Weapon customization
- A 20 - 30 player free roam
- A heist/robbery mini game (Like the Gang Hideouts in RDR)
- Mini games to play - Tennis, Golf, etc...
As far as Game Modes go...
- Races - Cycling, Autos
- Various drug smuggling/ hostage taking modes
Dude you must be psychic LOL
Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:22 AM
Free Roam with police missions (like vigilante) Or a free roam cops n' crooks sub-mode.
Options for A.I. Cops on/off and other preference options like in IV.
More enter-able police stations/hospitals.
Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:00 PM
I dunno, it seems like everything possible has been mentioned.
I'd love for there to be the opportunity for boat races that lead to other players sunken treasure that you have to go exploring for to find.
Maybe boxing or underground street fighting or a fightclub would be cool where you can use different fighting styles, defjam style.
Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:32 PM
Crew Bank account + Store money.
Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:00 PM
Orders range from, go there, stay here to defend here and attack there.
Also, I would love to set them onto people wether they are hostile or not.
Using the crosshairs to show them where to go or who to shoot or stab if you're trying to be stealthy.
Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:16 PM
Really wish we could have atleast 24 players on free roam too bad it's only 16
Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:00 PM
You can really sign up for jobs, for example, you want a player to do jobs for you, like bodyguard. You give him a contract ( made with some options ) like filling in how much he gets each hour/day whatever. and what the consequence is when he doesnt obey. If he walks away and doesnt do sh*t, you can buy a hitman which will only work because of the contract ( so you cant send hitmans for everybody you'd like to see dead ). And you will get your money back, or whatever is left of the money.
When the contract is in progress the bodyguard or whatever can walk up to you and start his job by pressing o or whatever button. You can accept with the same button. Then he is working for ya and he gets payed for the time he works.
- LcplJarheadFi likes this
Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:05 PM
- Gasmasks likes this
Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:17 AM
subs for everyone.
Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:35 AM
|QUOTE (Hydroboy @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 23:05)|
|Binoculars in multiplayer and singleplayer, so you can watch from a distance if enemies are coming.|
Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:52 PM
Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:27 PM
Being able to buy video games in your apartment that you can play with other players ( that mod or change the game into zombie mode, or riot mode, or other types of game modes that would act like cheats from ps2 era gta games ) as well.
Being able to do legit jobs like being a taxi, driving an ambulance, being a cop or working for the cops, firefighting, bodyguard.
Being able to sell or trade items in person.
Being able to be a hooker or pimp.
Being able to play with no auto aim and blips for everyone and have the names over head only appear for crew members, so you can role play or play stealthy.
Friendly rooms where you cannot shoot each other.
Having no combat neighborhoods or no combat zones, basically crews can only fight each other if a different crew goes into the neighborhood they have turf over.
- LcplJarheadFi likes this
Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:58 PM
- Inventory (you can put on / take out glasses, bandanas, balaclavas, etc)
Actually i wish you could do this with a jacket or coat though i doubt it will be implemented
Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:48 AM
Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:56 PM
- LcplJarheadFi likes this
Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:51 PM
- LcplJarheadFi likes this
Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:26 PM
|QUOTE (DeviousDiva @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 18:51)|
|The thing i want most is very detailed character creation, R* didnt really put much effort into females in the previous games but i hope this one has some great hairstyles, different styles of clothing depending on your level, tatoos, skin, eyes, nose, mouth, make-up, shoes, body shape. With all those^ this game would be perfect|
I really do doubt it would be that deep. Perhaps few hairstyles with few colours and probably the same sort of clothing as the dudes (t-shirts, longsleeves, poloshirts etc.), and I'm guessing no make-up or body shape customization. Though I HOPE that it would be more deep than the previous games. In that case I'm definately going to play as a female character (to be honest, it's a 3rd person shooter, and I'd rather look at girls ass than dudes ass).
On another note, I think it sucks that you can't play as your custom character outside GTA Online. That is my only gripe about GTA V. I know it's called Online for a reason, but my internet isn't that good. I wasn't even that excited about Online until I saw the gameplay demo. It would be cool to mess around and doing heists'n'sh*t as a character I created. Even create missions. But since all data are stored in Cloud I guess there's no hope to play offline as a custom character. Shame.
Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by maloy82, 21 August 2013 - 07:47 PM.
good character customization
good server size that could hold a massive amount of people ( more likley for a pc version not console)
car races, for pinks, or cash
not only apartments for sale, but busniesses to revnue cash, plus houses cabins farms etc.
not only a content creator for races and death matches, but, a missions creator too,
Make money off illegal activitys such as gun smuggling and drug dealing. and able to racket a small busniess ( only a certain amount)
a content creator to even make your own clothing tattoos etc would be cool ( again more for a pc version but very well possible)
Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:22 PM
That would really put the cat among the pigeons.
- threesquare likes this
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users