Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will you playGTA Online if it costs money?

124 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you play GTA V if it costs money? (734 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you play GTA V if it costs money?

1. Yes, I'll pay to play (246 votes [36.77%])

Percentage of vote: 36.77%

2. No, I will play it if it's free (381 votes [56.95%])

Percentage of vote: 56.95%

3. I won't play GTA Online at all! (42 votes [6.28%])

Percentage of vote: 6.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote
mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Lets get something straight. GTA Online for 360 and PS3 is free. Unquestionably. So this is not a question for now and this 'version' of GTA Online.

Would I pay for GTA Online down the line, in the right circumstances? Without a shadow of a doubt. A full fledged MMO on the next gen of consoles, with multiple cities, loads of things to do and dedicated servers and support would be worth it without a shadow of a doubt. I'd happily pay 10 a month just for that. It's basically where I've always wanted them to get get to with the series and I'm over the moon that they are basically trialling it with this initial version.

I'd go as far as saying people are very naive if they dont think a pay monthly version of GTA Online won't come out down the line.

Gaunty
  • Gaunty

Englishman

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

If it does cost money, I'd only pay if there were constant updates each month. As in, additional missions, clothes, tattoos, ect.

I'd prefer the model of paid-DLC. Like they did in RDR. "Here's a DLC for 10. It adds X amount of missions, X customizable items and X cars." or "Here's a new city. To get access to it and the missions/cars/clothes there, you need to pay X". If you don't buy it, you just can't do those missions, get those customizable items/cars or access certain areas.

I'd be willing to pay a maximum of 5 per month, if it came to it.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:17 PM Edited by Booze T, 21 August 2013 - 12:26 PM.

QUOTE (mattymcs @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 13:31)
Lets get something straight. GTA Online for 360 and PS3 is free. Unquestionably. So this is not a question for now and this 'version' of GTA Online.

Would I pay for GTA Online down the line, in the right circumstances? Without a shadow of a doubt. A full fledged MMO on the next gen of consoles, with multiple cities, loads of things to do and dedicated servers and support would be worth it without a shadow of a doubt. I'd happily pay 10 a month just for that. It's basically where I've always wanted them to get get to with the series and I'm over the moon that they are basically trialling it with this initial version.

I'd go as far as saying people are very naive if they dont think a pay monthly version of GTA Online won't come out down the line.

I couldn't agree more. It's not greed, it's reality. Costs need to be covered.

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (mattymcs @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 11:31)

I agree 100% with you kind Sir.

APB Reloaded is a meh...funnish game but it's no GTA.

Imagine like you said a GTA ONLINE with full cities (maybe down the line...counties, states or even countries) PLUS the activities we are getting in GTA Online now in the 1st of October....

MIND BLOWN! icon14.gif orly.gif icon14.gif

Paying a monthly fee for a such an ONLINE ONLY game, would be...rather normal and actually very plausible.

Organizing your own heists, races, tennis games, animal hunting sessions, etc etc etc etc etc, in a fully persistent world would be something Amazing to say the least!

creed200569
  • creed200569

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

I would gladly pay for a subscription as long as they r constantly putting out new stuff as much as they say they r gonna do, why not. Ur gonna pay for dlc anyway,so as long as the subscription includes free dlc then who cares. I'm all about supporting rockstar cuz they actually give a sh*t about us n that's a big deal these days cuz most companies could care less about their customers. Rockstar exceeded everyone's expectations about this game n GTAO is gonna turn into every players dream game having multiple cities to go to smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users