Photo

Mastersave Discussion

16 replies to this topic
fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:21 AM Edited by fnxrak, 17 August 2013 - 10:50 PM.

Howdy folks!!!

First of all I felt the need to create this topic basically for the same reasons I've builted the same one in the San Andreas foruns to find and discuss possible challenges on the making of this kind of saves with the most possible things done before the first mission and it prooved to be a nice healthy discussion, making clear some of new tactics and exploits.
I really couldn't find much info on this but since this is really meant to be a discussion topic it will be updated when new info is added.
As always any help is welcome specially from unique details from each gaming platform.

THE LIST OF THINGS TO DO:
0. Usefull Info
There are a couple of things you should know before starting a mastersave.
First of all you can only name it a mastersave if you don't start the first mission, so after leaving Ken at his office after the failed drug dealer get enough money to buy a property if you want to keep the UC White Admiral.

1. Buying a property to save UC White Admiral before the first mission (Getting Money)
1.1 Completing some side-missions
Ok so the best way to get money relatively fast is completing the side mission, personally I prefer completing the Paramedic side mission as it gives you enough money to buy any of the available properties with garages at this point. Now you ask if I do any mission where I have to use a vehicle I will loose the UC Admiral, right??? Wrong most times, I say most since for some reason I have lost it a couple of times right at the first level of the paramedic, but most times the game will keep in memory the use of the 2 most recent vehicles that you have used, so if you leave the Admiral in the hospital it should be there when you finish the paramedic side-mission.

2. Unique and Rare Vehicles
These are vehicles you don't find in normal traffic sometimes because they have unique colors, others because they have some kind of proofings
2.1 UC White Admiral
This vehicle is available as soon you leave Ken at his office after the failed drug dealer, is the vehicle he is driving when he picks Tommy and the crew at the airport.
2.2 EP/FP Hotring
2.3 Black Sanchez
2.4 Black Rancher
2.5 Seasparrow
2.6 Rhino
2.7 Hunter

3. Money, Criminal Rating and Stats
Increase your money to max 999.999.999$, get the criminal rating of at least 1.000.000 and other stats maximized.

4. Mandatory Things
The side missions you must complete in order to get the 44% available before playing the 1st Story-mission

4.1 Vehicles Side-Missions
4.1.1 Paramedic (if not done before)
4.1.2 Pizza-Boy
4.1.3 Vigilante
4.1.4 Firefighter
4.1.5 Taxi

4.2 Races and Time Challenges
4.2.1 RC Races
4.2.1.1 RC Bandit
4.2.1.2 RC Baron
4.2.1.2 RC Raider

4.2.2 Stadium Events
4.2.2.1 Hotring
4.2.2.1 Bloodring
4.2.2.1 Dirtring

4.2.3 Time Challenges
4.2.3.1 PCJ Playground
4.2.3.2 Cone Crazy
4.2.3.3 Trial by Dirt
4.2.3.4 Test Track

4.3 Rampages

4.4 Hidden Packages

4.5 Unique Stunt Jumps 35/36
One unique stunt Jump is unaccessible at this point, it's only available during or after G-spotlight mission
  • 0909090 and King Andreas like this

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:33 AM Edited by Vic 2.0, 13 August 2013 - 01:36 AM.

I wasn't aware you could even do the stadium events before unlocking the west island...

Also, I was curious about something. Is it true for anyone else that you can't do the fire truck or vigilante missions on the west island until it's unlocked? I was able to do the taxi missions there, but I think that's it (Can't remember about the Paramedic mission). When I went to do a fire truck or vigilante mission before unlocking the island, it wouldn't show where the fire/criminal was on the radar or map!

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:50 AM Edited by fnxrak, 13 August 2013 - 08:53 AM.

Yes the only odd-jobs not available are the chopper checkpoints, the assets missions and the assassination contracts, also the jump from the building in G-spotlight.
That's odd you are not supposed to be able to do the side missions there it could have been a bug but anyway I haven't tried the taxi over there so I can't say for sure I'll give it a try later though. At least the Firefighter and Vigilante I know for sure it won't work there.
To make the firefighter just grab a cocktail molotov or flamethrower and make it "BURN" LOLOL the firetruck should arrive grab it and loose the cops in one piece. Vigilante the easiest way is with the hunter after getting all hidden packages.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

I really did every single thing above twice,
The only thing I haven't done, is gotten the Godfather criminal rating.
I think you should also add, having the highest media attention.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

When you want to have Godfather, the media attention will already be at the top. biggrin.gif
Now all we need is a Russian to find a way to complete the last USJ!

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Any ideas on the money issue or Godfather CR?
I have actually never got that much money, never intended to get, but now I'm aiming for it.
Does the San Andreas trick work in vice city for the criminal rating?
Sorry for asking I can try but I'm really not in the mood biggrin.gif suicidal.gif .

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 14:12)
Any ideas on the money issue or Godfather CR?
I have actually never got that much money, never intended to get, but now I'm aiming for it.
Does the San Andreas trick work in vice city for the criminal rating?
Sorry for asking I can try but I'm really not in the mood biggrin.gif suicidal.gif .

It's actually the "vice city trick"-- since VC did it before SA tounge.gif

Yes-- maxing out your money will net you 200,000 CR points (same as San Andreas)--

The fastest way to max your money (if you haven't completed cone crazy)-- is to use the cone crazy doubling trick-- This was easy on the PS2 original version but was kind of patched on later versions but it is still possible to max your money if you take your time and beat your time by the minimum each time....

THis is covered in the VC Easy Money post in the User submitted guide thread-- http://www.gtaforums...0

On PS2,
If you go and do cone crazy, the first time through, collect each checkpoint except the last one, then collect it with 1 second left on the clock. Now repeat it (park the car where you grabbed it, get out and back in to restart. Now get last checkpoint with 2 secs on clock, repeat, 3 secs, 4 secs, etc...

If you beat it by 1 second each time your 23rd time will only be a time of 24 seconds (not hard to do)

On PC/Xbox,
They "fixed" this glitch and what they did was subtract 1 second that you receive for each checkpoint for the first 6 times you do it-- so on XBOX and PC:
Leave 1 sec on your clock when you grab the last checkpoint the first 6 times you do it, now from there, you will then leave 2 secs on clock, 3 secs, 4 secs, etc...

If you do it this way, your 23rd time will be a time of 6 seconds-- this time is possible but you will have to nudge cones around before you start.

If you have a good time on PS2 or really any time on xbox/pc then you will need to do vigilante (Brown Thunder)-- which should easily take less then 2 hours if you are a decent heli pilot and get spawning to lock in at a good place (like the airport runway)

For God Father Criminal rating-- it simply just takes a long time to kill your way there--- (a few hundred hours-- I know because I did it)-- you can blow up helis in the large hyman condo (4 helis fit in there) and you will get 120 points per rocket fired (30 x 4)-- then move away-- let the doors close, move back toward it and doors open with 4 healed helis in there-- This will still take alot of time but is alot faster then killing/vigilanting your way there.

For the breakdown on what contributes to criminal rating..

-6000 to - = Total Liar
-4000 to -5999 = Cheater
-2000 to -3999 = Hacker
-1000 to -1999 = Embarrassment
0 to -999 = Untrustworthy
0 to 24 = Upstanding Citizen
25 to 49 = Nobody Special
50 to 74 = Litterer
75 to 99 = Shoplifter
100 to 124 = Vandal
125 to 149 = Do Boy
150 to 199 = Pickpocket
200 to 239 = Clepto
240 to 269 = Snitch
270 to 329 = Rat
330 to 359 = Leece
360 to 389 = Scam Artist
390 to 419 = Trickster
420 to 449 = Numbers Runner
450 to 499 = Hustler
500 to 549 = Bully
550 to 599 = Riff-Raff
600 to 629 = Scalawag
630 to 659 = Ruffian
660 to 699 = Outlaw
700 to 849 = Thug
850 to 999 = Drop Man
1,000 to 1,009 = SA Goon
1,010 to 1,149 = Goon
1,150 to 1,299 = Jailbird
1,300 to 1,499 = Ex-Con
1,500 to 1,699 = Felon
1,700 to 1,999 = Bag Man
2,000 to 2,099 = Wiseguy
2,100 to 2,299 = Wheelman
2,300 to 2,499 = Hired Muscle
2,500 to 2,749 = Hatchetman
2,750 to 2,999 = Headhunter
3,000 to 3,499 = Enforcer
3,500 to 3,999 = Ronin
4,000 to 4,999 = Fixer
5,000 to 7,499 = Hitman
7,500 to 9,999 = Associate
10,000 to 12,499 = Butcher
12,500 to 14,999 = Cleaner
15,000 to 19,999 = Assassin
20,000 to 24,999 = Consigliere
25,000 to 49,999 = Made Man
50,000 to 74,999 = Right-Hand Man
75,000 to 99,999 = Executioner
100,000 to 149,999 = Lieutenant
150,000 to 199,999 = Underboss
200,000 to 299,999 = Capo
300,000 to 499,999 = Boss
500,000 to 999,999 = Don
1,000,000+ = Godfather

Also to note, you need at least $10,000,000 to get Godfather ranking-- 100% is not required.

(Note: I have personally only verified the upper ones Capo and above-- I copied this list from http://www.gtavice.c...criminalratings -- this showed the upper few ranking with the wrong numbers-- Godfather at 500,000.... it also listed a "king pin" ranking which does not exist in the game)

You get various points for completing missions and stuff. Besides these "mission" points-- these 5 stats affect your Criminal rating.

1. Planes & helis destroyed-- 30 points each

2. People wasted-- 1 pt each (but these points are only given if you if you clear your stars in a pay -n- spray or if you save. If you get busted or wasted prior to this, you get no points from your current killing spree.

3. Accuracy-- 5 pts per 1%-- you can raise your accuracy by shooting a blown up car with the minigun on the hunter or sea sparrow-- the shots fired by them don't count but the hits do.

4. Criminals killed on vigilante--1 pt each. these are in addition to points from #2 and you don't need to save or clear stars in the pay n spray.

5. Money-- 1 pt per $5,000-- up to a maximum of 200,000 points for maxing your money $999,999,999

Dying -3 points

Getting busted -3 points

Cheating-- I don't know if any others affect it, but the "spawn cars" cheat lowers your rating by 999 points-- I guess Rockstar wants you to "steal" the cars-- and stay true to the game "Grand Theft Auto"

Note-- I used the accuracy trick to get god father on 2nd save-- it is unplayable though because as you play the game and fire shots-- the accuracy drops rapidly (as does your criminal rating).

Spuds...

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:40 PM Edited by fnxrak, 15 August 2013 - 10:58 PM.

Sorry I should have been more careful with my description. confused.gif whatsthat.gif
The trick I was talking about is actually the replay glitch where you can easily get a high CR without much trouble. This was actully found by, who else, a Russian for San Andreas but I'm not sure we can duplicate it in Vice City.
here's the topic in russian by Квашец: Криминальный рейтинг
also some of the videos I made using that glitch:
GTA San Andreas make replay
GTA San Andreas KoSA the easy way
But thanks anyway for the quick reply, this is exactly why I made the topic to make people discuss and finding alternative ways to do stuff biggrin.gif

###edit###

Anyway it seems it doesn't work in Vice City the Criminal Rating did not change after the replay.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by fnxrak, 27 August 2013 - 01:35 AM.

Hey can anybody give any tips on EP/FP Hotring, I got it once but it was actually after the 100% but I guessing that either way it has a lot to do with luck, or is there anything that I'm missing. I've actually been able to make it fall once this turn but it took too much damage from the fall. All I do is basically push the hotring against the wall but instead of doing like in the video by 4emp2008 I do that backwards for some reason I've been able to push it always further like that and actually that how I got it the first time but it starts going thru the wall and almost at the end I get stuck and can't fall most of the times and eventually the car takes too much damage and explodes. Any help or tips would be really apreciated as this one is kind of driving me crazy. suicidal.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:46 PM Edited by Spuds725, 28 August 2013 - 01:41 PM.

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 15:40)
Sorry I should have been more careful with my description.  confused.gif   whatsthat.gif
The trick I was talking about is actually the replay glitch where you can easily get a high CR without much trouble. This was actully found by, who else, a Russian for San Andreas but I'm not sure we can duplicate it in Vice City.
here's the topic in russian by Квашец: Криминальный рейтинг
also some of the videos I made using that glitch:
GTA San Andreas make replay
GTA San Andreas KoSA the easy way
But thanks anyway for the quick reply, this is exactly why I made the topic to make people discuss and finding alternative ways to do stuff  biggrin.gif

###edit###

Anyway it seems it doesn't work in Vice City the Criminal Rating did not change after the replay.

My bad- I was assuming you meant the Gambling reload trick in SA for maxing your money.

In SA-- save near OTB place-- drive to OTB-- max bet on long shot, if win save, if lose reload..... REPEAT til money maxed.

+++++

There is one glitch in Vice City that I cannot share (sorry-- I swore I would not reveal it-- I was verifying someone's claims of millions of kills) that you can get kills almost as fast as the minigun can shoot.

I verified that it does in fact work however I also swore I would never use it (other then verify it works) nor share it. I measured about 1000 kills per minute using the method

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=412132

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for the aswer! Too bad you can't show us the trick but no biggie I'll figure a way out to reach that levels. Anyway now it seems hard for me to be able to finish the game before GTA V is out so not so much in a hurry to get it done and besides I'm still stuck trying to get the damn EP/FP Hotring tounge.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 09:39)
Thanks for the aswer! Too bad you can't show us the trick

It's not my trick to show-- belongs to MC_320 ( http://www.gtaforums...showuser=147553 ) who is still an active member-- he didn't want to share it 4 years ago-- perhaps one day.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

He he he I think I found a new way to get a high criminal rating although it doesn't work very well for a mastersave because it would need infinite ammo a minigun and having the hotring available.
Enter the hotring keep your car in a safe zone so it won't be destroyed by the other vehicles then go to near the exit of the hotring and point to where the cars get out and start shooting at them if done right there will be a point where you have created a barricade with the destroyed hotrings so that the new ones won't pass and get stuck just keep shooting them. It's not a very fast way meaning that you won't get 1000 kills per minute but nevertheless I was able to get like 500-600 criminal points in like 15-20 minutes and I might be able to improve this. It might not be the answer but it's a start. biggrin.gif rampage_ani.gif

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

Goddammit, I dislike it when people won't share their tricks!
Ugh, we should ask the GTA.RU community, maybe these guys can crack it, who knows?
They might as well have a better method?

Anyway, the first thing that comes to my mind is Trojan Voodoo, AFAIK there are 'fast enemy respawnings', that might be the trick?
  • fnxrak likes this

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:17 AM Edited by Spuds725, 01 September 2013 - 01:44 AM.

I shared MY killing method tricks-- see my sig for link. But they only give a paltry 4000 to 5000 per hour.

//edit//
Looks like I need to rehost my pics
  • lol232 likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:41 PM Edited by fnxrak, 05 September 2013 - 12:07 AM.

The hotring is a b*tch more than a week trying to get it and nothing damn. But found another exploit though there's a spot in the place where you have to push the hotring that the opponents spawn constantly. shooting them can really get your criminal rating high in a fast way again not 1000 kills per minute but I would say fast enough, but then again you must have a lot (and I mean really a lot of ammo) to get this done in a mastersave, but for a normal game after 100% with the infinite ammo it should not be a problem. I'll post a video as soon as I can get the Damn EP/FP hotring.

###Edit###

Damn I lost my patience! I'm going back to GTA III for a while and return to Vice city after GTA V LOLOLOL Twice I got it out of the stadium and blew up from the fall. DAMN

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

I shared MY killing method tricks-- see my sig for link. But they only give a paltry 4000 to 5000 per hour.

//edit//
Looks like I need to rehost my pics

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to MC_320.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users