IP BANS, no one can join the week of release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic
zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Film Director

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

hello everyone, hello mods. i was wondering if this site has ip bans, if not can you get ip bans. because when gta v comes out or when it gets leaked trolls will make multiple accounts and start going ham on the spoilers. is it possible also to not allow people to join on the week of release or to not allow them to create topics. i know this might be a little bit to far but im one of the many that want to share my new experiences with gta v to the people of the v section. it would suck if they spoiled it to everyone that played the game. is that possible to not allow people to join on the week of release. and what about blocking the words "end" "die" "dies" "traitor" "betrayed" "lamar" "bad guy" . just for good measure, i know this might sound over the top but it will be a shame to have spoilers and spoiler patrol isnt fair for the mods.

or if a week is too much then how about the day of and the dar after release.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

16 5 5

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

IP bans only take place in very serious cases and they are a last resort if they do happen. Now some trolls making accounts to ruin to game for others isn't really anything serious. If you don't want the game to be ruined for you just don't visit the V section till you're done with the game. There is no fool-proof method to stop the trolls but the moderators will do their best to clean out these topics.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

Aside from preventing people from making new accounts, none of that can stop them, all of it can easily be worked around by your average troll. But even if you prevent new accounts from being made, that's not to say there won't be older members who'll want to be dicks and spoil the game for others, and there's also the possibility of sleeper troll accounts, yeah I just made up a new term. But think about the possibility of them making a bunch of accounts before registration gets closed off, and then one by one they start posting spoilers from those accounts.

Basically what I'm getting at is if you don't want the game to be spoiled for you, stay away from the V section, or even this site as a whole until you've finished the game on your own.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

Sorry, but this is a really poor suggestion and will never be implemented. Closing down new registrations due to fear of trolls is not how a network of this size thrives.

As has been said before, if you fear the game being spoiled, it's best to stay away for a while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users