Photo

Better than the original?

51 replies to this topic
Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Vice City Stories sucks in my opinion. Vice City was a million times better. I didn't care about any of the add-ons because the game was still dull and boring. The radio stations sucked too.

Vice City was far superior in many ways despite what VCS added on.

• iainspad likes this

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

The radio stations sucked too.

What?! V-Rock had Kizz you can't say the suck. Fresh 105 had old school/classic Rap/Hip Hop, which is way better than now-a-days Hip Hop/Rap.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

VCS was a good game, but VC will always be very special to me. The 80s theme was a one off and only had one chance to get it right and that was in VC IMO.

I've always felt like VC was a bit try hard. there were bright colours, but it come across a bit chessy and while it's subjective Vic is as exciting as watching paint dry compared to Tommy.

Come on you can't even enter the Malibu Club and the city looks crap with those empire building (buildings) shoehorned into random places over the VC map.

• Cakelover21 and iainspad like this

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

Come on you can't even enter the Malibu Club and the city looks crap with those empire building (buildings) shoehorned into random places over the VC map.

I like the Empire better than the business, that's just my opinion.

Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:48 PM Edited by Laura91, 29 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.

What?! V-Rock had Kizz you can't say the suck. Fresh 105 had old school/classic Rap/Hip Hop, which is way better than now-a-days Hip Hop/Rap.

I never liked KISS and I always thought that they sucked. I don't care for any of the songs on Fresh 105 either. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

I like the Empire better than the business, that's just my opinion.

There's nothing wrong with the concept itself, but VC arguably looks more ugly in VCS with all of these random buildings over the place.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

The lack of Malibu and Strip Club is something we're hoping to solve in the PC version, but we're also going to be fixing a lot of the East island bugs in the games, Rockstar paid WAy more attention to the West Island with small details and changes, etc, but on the East Island, you have things changed, and plenty of areas rushed around, which come off as ugly, when really they have no reason to be.

EscobarVice
  • EscobarVice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

I played a lot of Vice City, but I played the absolute shizzle out of VCS, 100%-ed it... twice. I do actually prefer it to Vice City, the graphics are more polished and everything feels like an upgrade, as well as an abundance of things to do, and gang businesses to take over... etc. I will be buying a new PSP at some point because I miss it so much.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:23 AM Edited by BabeRuth, 04 October 2013 - 09:27 AM.

There's nothing wrong with the concept itself, but VC arguably looks more ugly in VCS with all of these random buildings over the place.

Well the timeline was before VC, so if you really think about it. VC is the one with all the random buildings because it's taken place during a later year; If there is any new buildings added it would be in VC.

(OFF-TOPIC) I like those kind of games. In SA you take over territory, in VCS it's Empires, In Scarface you can tell your Marfia/gang what to do(in the game), Godfather you get to rule the mob and tell them what to do, etc... Do you get what I'm trying to say?

I'm not saying every GTA should have something to ' Take Over ', or ' Rule ' but it let's the player have some power, rule, and dignity in the game.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Phil Collins? Check.

Better African American protagonist than CJ? Check.

Better Soundtrack? Check.

Better Storyline? Check.

Beatable in a reasonable time frame? Check.

Vic was half dominican Half White  ;)

• DeafMetal likes this

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

You must be a little kid to not find one single gem on any of those stations.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

i actually liked the story in Vcs more than Vice i thought the Relationship between Vic and Louise was done well and + it was just a bit more unique to me Vice city was a little cliche  i still Overall prefer the Original i just had more Memorable moments with vice city and the  Wonderful Nostalgia still just about sways  it.

• Cakelover21 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

f*ck YOU YELLOW CAR!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

I played a bit of the PC beta.

- Radio stations are great, V-Rock is awesome (RATT - Round And Round :D ) but I prefer the original

- I prefer Tommy Vercetti

- It doesn't feel like the original, It's a mix of Vice City and San Andreas which is still okay, but I would have preferred if it felt more like the original

It can't be better than the original.

• Cakelover21 likes this

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

I've still not completed any GTA with the exception of III (I only started playing like, last year) but from what little I've experienced, I think Vic is my favorite protagonist of the III timeline. He seems to genuinely care about the lives of the people around him, he's not just a cold killer like Tommy was, and while I do like Tommy I like my protagonist to have a heart. To me GTA is less about the killing and shooting and more about just cruising around having a good time, which may be why I like Vic the most... But if you jump out in front of me it's your own damn fault. :p

Police24
  • Police24

Vice City Cop

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

Vice City is better than VCS. VSC just added a couple features to an already awesome game.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

Im always a bit biased when it comes to Vice City as it is my all time favourite GTA. The things that i would say let Vice City Stories down in my opinion was firstly, they ruined the look of Vice City by placing the building empire buildings all over the place.

Secondly, the soundtrack wasn't as good as Vice City's was which is understandable as Vice City had one of the best soundtracks in a game ever, so it would always be hard to top that.

Thirdly i felt that Tommy Vercetti was a much better protag than Victor Vance was. With Tommy i felt that nothing was off limits, however playing with Victor felt that he was doing these things against his will.

I suppose i was always going to feel that Vice City was a much better game than Vice City Stories even before the first time i ever played the game. Just by the nostalgia i have associated with Vice City.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:03 AM Edited by BabeRuth, 19 October 2013 - 03:06 AM.

They ruined the look of Vice City by placing the building empire buildings all over the place.

Actually VCS was taken in 1984 and VC was taken in 1988/7 or 6, so if any game was ruined it was VC because they removed the empire buildings.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Definitely. 

VC wasn't that good, even in comparison to III.

It was bland and tragically boring.

VCS on the other hand, is awesome.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

With story and soundtrack original vice city wins pretty easily. But when it comes to the graphics and atmosphere there is no gta better for me than vcs.

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Peon

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

I loved them both, and i would really like a fourth GTA taking place in Vice City! 

Cakelover21
  • Cakelover21

Unique Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

It has the neons the features from SA. Swimming, jetskis and other things more helis a plane that is not a damn skimmer. But VC is still better to me. Idk why but it was one of my first GTA's so...ORIGINAL VC FTW!

Rolando Arroyo
  • Rolando Arroyo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:53 AM

Phil Collins? Check.

Better African American protagonist than CJ? Check.

Better Soundtrack? Check.

Better Storyline? Check.

Beatable in a reasonable time frame? Check.

Vic was Dominican (Carribean) Still I think that VCS is one of the most underrated games in the GTA franchise. I've played both VC and VCS and found that VC seems to me like the story was dull and the antagonists were forgettable whereas in VCS I liked the storyline and all the characters better, and with there being a grudge between Vic and Sgt. Martinez, I find the characters and the storyline much more memorable.
 It wouldn't be fair to compare them in gameplay wise, but VCS obviously wins there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users