Photo

why where there no crocodiles

20 replies to this topic
rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

In vice(miami real life) is full of alligators and croocdiles i read somewhere that in the beta they had swamps ,alligaotrs and swimming all included .why ddi they take them out .When i was swimming even in gta vcs specially some lakes there where no crocodiles to attack me , anyone why they didnt have them?

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

They were probably too lazy to program them or it didn't seem like a big deal to them. I don't think there were any swamps in the beta. It's mostly rumors. The only "evidence" for that are beta maps, but it is difficult to say if that is proof.

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:19 AM Edited by Markwey, 11 August 2013 - 10:55 AM.

Man, how cool it would've been if R* had made a reference or an in-game tribute to Elvis the Alligator from Miami Vice . tounge2.gif

user posted image

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

They should've at least put them in Vice City Stories, if for no other reason than to serve as a more practical (and hilarious) explanation as to why you can't swim across to the other island! Imagine: Vic jumps in the water and a cutscene shows an alligator gobbling him up! I'm sure some comical addition to the story or a public service announcement on the radio could explain what happens to the alligators to allow you access when the time is right.

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (Vic 2.0 @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 11:31)
They should've at least put them in Vice City Stories, if for no other reason than to serve as a more practical (and hilarious) explanation as to why you can't swim across to the other island! Imagine: Vic jumps in the water and a cutscene shows an alligator gobbling him up! I'm sure some comical addition to the story or a public service announcement on the radio could explain what happens to the alligators to allow you access when the time is right.

haha yes thats why i thought you couldnt swim originall becuase of gators

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

Because programming them in to the game would mean spending ages on something that - at least in my opinion - would be quite useless and not add anything to the game itself. I'm sure they considered it sometime during development though but I can imagine it got scrapped very quickly.

QUOTE (_____ @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 11:48)
They were probably too lazy to program them or it didn't seem like a big deal to them. I don't think there were any swamps in the beta. It's mostly rumors. The only "evidence" for that are beta maps, but it is difficult to say if that is proof.

There is also phone dialog left in american.gxt between Tommy and Avery that suggests they were supposed to be in the game at some point. It goes like this:

Avery: Hey Tommy, it's Avery! Now listen, I got me all tied up at the moment and I have a representative of mine needs chaperoning out to the Gator Keys. I'm after some land out that way, so I'm sending someone out to sweeten the deal. Could you do me a favor and make sure he gets there ok?
Tommy: Yeah, sure thing Avery. Where'd you want me to pick him up?
Avery: He's just finishing some business at the building site. I said you'd pick him up from there.
Tommy: No problem. See you later, Avery.

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 16:08)
Because programming them in to the game would mean spending ages on something that - at least in my opinion - would be quite useless and not add anything to the game itself. I'm sure they considered it sometime during development though but I can imagine it got scrapped very quickly.

QUOTE (_____ @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 11:48)

There is also phone dialog left in american.gxt between Tommy and Avery that suggests they were supposed to be in the game at some point. It goes like this:

Avery: Hey Tommy, it's Avery! Now listen, I got me all tied up at the moment and I have a representative of mine needs chaperoning out to the Gator Keys. I'm after some land out that way, so I'm sending someone out to sweeten the deal. Could you do me a favor and make sure he gets there ok?
Tommy: Yeah, sure thing Avery. Where'd you want me to pick him up?
Avery: He's just finishing some business at the building site. I said you'd pick him up from there.
Tommy: No problem. See you later, Avery.

haha weird hey

tyguy27
  • tyguy27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:49 AM

There arent crocadiles in florida or any part of america i should know i live in the south. But the swamp and marsh would have been.cool.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (tyguy27 @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 23:49)
There arent crocadiles in florida or any part of america i should know i live in the south. But the swamp and marsh would have been.cool.

user posted image

There are crocs in South Florida.

tyguy27
  • tyguy27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

Yeah at zoos ive never seen one therenor heard of abcase becausebtheyndont unless somebody brought them therebto mate like they did with all the poisonous snakesnthat escaped during hurricane katrina.

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (tyguy27 @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 16:07)
Yeah at zoos ive never seen one therenor heard of abcase becausebtheyndont unless somebody brought them therebto mate like they did with all the poisonous snakesnthat escaped during hurricane katrina.

there are alligators , and there are crocs as well

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

In the manual, yes I still have it after all these years, there is a mention of sharks.

You'll find it in the "Area's of interest" section.

Accompanied by what looks like beta pictures? (Tommy's shirt was never that dark), maybe they were going to be in the game but got scrapped at the beta stage.

Or maybe the information was in the manual to make it sound realistic, who knows.

user posted image
  • abccba123 likes this

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

What do you mean? You can find sharks in the waters all around the city, but they are completely non-interactive.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 17:58)
What do you mean? You can find sharks in the waters all around the city, but they are completely non-interactive.

I never actually knew this. suicidal.gif

Still, would have been awesome if they attacked you.
  • abccba123 likes this

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

I'm glad they didn't, my phobia of open waters is bad enough as it is. I'll never be able to play GTA V. bored.gif

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

In vice(miami real life) is full of alligators and croocdiles i read somewhere that in the beta they had swamps ,alligaotrs and swimming all included .why ddi they take them out .When i was swimming even in gta vcs specially some lakes there where no crocodiles to attack me , anyone why they didnt have them?

I dont think they had any animals in the 3D generation of games. Lets hope we get the Florida wildlife in a future GTA game, GTA 5 is getting wildlife, so one can only hope.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Sharks in Vice City??? I have not seen any yet, now I have to go looking for them.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:31 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 08 September 2013 - 07:31 PM.

They appear all over the city, as far as I know no less common than all the other sea creatures :p

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by Backfire6, 17 September 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Back in those days it was harder to program that kind of stuff. And they didn't really think about animals back then. In fact it was a moral issue I believe.
And still is actually...
Course with mods there is tons of animals you can add to it. lol Ya like the shark which is funny....
In fact there is even a swimming mod I believe.

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

the crocs in far cry 3 scared me

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Yes, I agree that they were probably too lazy to program them and the game already had a lot of new features compared to III so it wasn't necessary. I was expecting some swamps though too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users