Photo

GTA V Spoilers Discussion Board.

7 replies to this topic
JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

I think the site should open a new board before V is released, where spoiler tags are not used and all aspects of the game and story can be discussed openly. Topics in general discussion could be moved there if they contain spoilers in the thread or title, and if possible the words "moved to spoilers" could be left in their place.

There's a lot of what I call stealth trolling that goes on, whereby people will post up spoilers and make out they did so innocently. To have a place where their attempts at trolling would be discussed seriously would put a dampener on that. There are also users who are a bit stupid - move all these topics over to spoilers together, and the stealth trolls might feel a bit of embarrassment to be treated the same as the stupid-but-innocent users. It's also good for people who've finished the story and want to discuss it without looking at a wall of black.

I'm not saying it will eliminate the out-and-out troll who come on to try and get on peoples nerves, but I think it will have a calming effect on the forum to have a place where spoiling is pointless. I've found it works quite well on the official Bethesda and Bioware forums, and IIRC they opened a spoilers board on reddead.net, but only after it was too late for many. What do you say?

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:10 AM

NO. If they make a spoiler thread then the trolls instantly go to the non-spoiler/leak section just to troll and spoil. That would be a disaster.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (Josh410 @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 00:10)
NO. If they make a spoiler thread then the trolls instantly go to the non-spoiler/leak section just to troll and spoil. That would be a disaster.

Well nothing will be lost then, because they are going to do that anyway.

As I said in other words, it would just make the place a lot more civilised. It works very well on other forums, so it should do here.The headers for a couple of boards that I've posted on recently

Skyrim Cheats, Hints, and Spoilers
Please use this forum to exchange information on walkthroughs, quests, finding items, and other gameplay "spoilers" for Skyrim

Mass Effect 2 Story and Campaign Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

It is impossible to avoid spoilers
The only way is to just play the game and avoid entering the site

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (GTA564 @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 20:23)
It is impossible to avoid spoilers
The only way is to just play the game and avoid entering the site

Perhaps I'm not making my self clear. This is a suggestion for a message board where story and gameplay "spoilers" are discussed and spoiler tags are not used.

You need to be able to think outside the box to be able to see what a positive effect it would have on the forum as a whole.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Sorry for the double post, but it's been a week and I haven't had a reply to this suggestion.

In light of today's events, I think a "gameplay, story and spoilers discussion" board is warranted. There are people who want to view and discuss what's been found on the PS3 download, and there's people who want to avoid it but still want to talk about the game.

It doesn't look too good having topics like "Spoiler Patrol" pinned to the front page, it looks juvenile

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• England

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

http://www.gtaforums...p?showforum=277 icon14.gif

We can only make the best of what we've got, with a forum of this age.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

Well Done. Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users