The Stock Market

13 replies to this topic
Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

As was confirmed in numerous GTA:V previews and the gameplay trailer, GTA:V allows one to interfere with the stock market and Los Santos Real Estate. With regard to the former, this will allow us to become billionaires, forget cheats, this is the ultimate way to get unlimited cash. Will you be using it and what are your thoughts on such an addition?

abczyx
  • abczyx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Ambient_ @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 19:30)
As was confirmed in numerous GTA:V previews and the gameplay trailer, GTA:V allows one to interfere with the stock market and Los Santos Real Estate. With regard to the former, this will allow us to become billionaires, forget cheats, this is the ultimate way to get unlimited cash. Will you be using it and what are your thoughts on such an addition?

Given that all we've seen is a few seconds long clip of the stock market interface, it's hard to comment.

It would be cool if you could manipulate it in some way with your in-game actions. We'll have to see.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

THUG4LIFE, homie

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

You will have to get rich first in GTAV before you can manipulate the GTAV stock market. So you will have to bootstrap, just like in real life. But once you get to the point where your trades can move the market, they you have an unfair advantage and you can always take money from the little people who follow your investments and then get burned, just like in real life.

If the stock market simulator in GTAV is good enough, you can learn how to do it for real, and bootsrap yourself up out of the peasant class into the 1%. Then you can buy a controlling interest in TTWO and force them to make more and better GTA games forever. smile.gif

EDIT: There used to be a board game called Monopoly colgate.gif .... similar idea, the rich get richer - positive feedback, the way the world really works.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Manipulating or not, all you need to do is this.

Rob a Bank or Jewelery store, look for them in the stock market website, you'll see the value has dropped because of the robbery. Now you buy the stock, wait till the value gets high, it will eventually, and then sell it off. You are one rich mofo after a lot of tries.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

THUG4LIFE, homie

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (FranklinDeRoosevelt @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 19:48)

Rob a Bank or Jewelery store, look for them in the stock market website, you'll see the value has dropped because of the robbery. Now you buy the stock, wait till the value gets high, it will eventually, and then sell it off. You are one rich mofo after a lot of tries.

Sell Terroil short, then go nuke their refinery colgate.gif

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

A thought of mine... 1 of many believe it or not wink.gif

Say Mr X buys shares in Atomic Burger and Mr Y robs it constantly, Mr X's shares in Atomic Burger start depreciating and he gets a message regarding this. Maybe we'll get an instant notification that Atomic Burger is about to be robbed or robbery in progress and we can go and defend it? Or we can retaliate by robbing Mr Y's business interests.

Plenty of scope here and I mean TONS of possibilities. I really can't wait to see what R* has got planned for us in multi-player and then ofc to actually be part of it!!

I honestly think we've got the perfect package coming our way icon14.gif

Kevstyle
  • Kevstyle

True City Killers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 20:29)
A thought of mine... 1 of many believe it or not wink.gif

Say Mr X buys shares in Atomic Burger and Mr Y robs it constantly, Mr X's shares in Atomic Burger start depreciating and he gets a message regarding this. Maybe we'll get an instant notification that Atomic Burger is about to be robbed or robbery in progress and we can go and defend it? Or we can retaliate by robbing Mr Y's business interests.

Plenty of scope here and I mean TONS of possibilities. I really can't wait to see what R* has got planned for us in multi-player and then ofc to actually be part of it!!

I honestly think we've got the perfect package coming our way icon14.gif

Yes, The GTA V stock system will be great ^^ Can't wait to play Gta V, Get rich and then get richer using the stocks! forget these savegame cheat editors!!!!!!

exmpletree
  • exmpletree

Mr. Gold Card

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Wasnt gonna cheat anyway, but it looks like a nice way to keep getting cash after everything has been completed

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (saintsrow @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 19:50)
QUOTE (FranklinDeRoosevelt @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 19:48)

Sell Terroil short, then go nuke their refinery colgate.gif

Yup. Or feed the whole of Burger Shot to the poor people and fat kids, and let the business starve itself to bankruptcy biggrin.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

I probably won't do anything with the stock market in-game, seeing as I've got an awful understanding as to how stocks work in real life (aside from a basic kindergartner understanding). If I want to get bankrupt in-game real quick, I'll try my hand at stocks, though.

CallCenterZombie
  • CallCenterZombie

Sour Tooth

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

You just gotta learn to work the Bawsaq. happy.gif

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

That zionist trash Bernie Madoff thought he was invincible.... tounge.gif

At any rate, I hope we can enter the Bawsaq and irritate the nuts who work there. inlove.gif

I will definitely play my Bawsaq for money.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

I really hope they connected the stock exchange online so that you really get a market mechanism with real-time prices that are subject to change through supply and demand of shares bought and sold by all GTA V players. It would add a whole new layer of depth and immersion to an already amazing gaming experience.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 23:27)
That zionist trash Bernie Madoff thought he was invincible.... tounge.gif

At any rate, I hope we can enter the Bawsaq and irritate the nuts who work there. inlove.gif

I will definitely play my Bawsaq for money.

See what ya did there cool.gif biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users