Photo

Non-spoiling spoilers.

3 replies to this topic
Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

I had some questions about the games made after Vice City Stories, as I haven't played a single one of them. I was wondering if certain things had gotten better/worse and would like a general opinion on these ideas even if they haven't been implemented. I called this thread "Non-spoiling spoilers" because I want to know the answers to these questions but only if you can answer them without giving me any further details about who's killed in this mission or that one, anything to do with the storyline, etc.

1. Do you ever get to bulletproof your tires, either on vehicles you save in your garage or any vehicle you're driving? I think at some point in the game you should be rewarded with this option, even if it isn't realistic. Or else, does it ever do away with the chance of someone shooting your tires out and it causing your car to be undrivable?

2. Related to the above, do you ever get the chance to make your vehicle bullet-, damage-, fire- or explosion-proof or resistant (without a glitch, any sort of cheat, or having to beat the game 100%)?

3. Can you ever discard weapons? Say you pick up one by accident. Do you ever get the option to just discard it, instead of having to fire all its ammo out? Cycling through crappy weapons I never use is a pain.

4. Do you ever get the opportunity to choose what color the Pay 'n' Spray paints your vehicle?

5. Is there a such thing as choosing which vehicles spawn on your property, without mods? I'm not talking about saving your vehicle in a garage or parking lot. I'm talking about selecting a type of vehicle to spawn in a place near your safehouse. I know it's a long shot, but it's annoying (for example) how in Vice City it always gives me Lance's Infernus when I prefer the Stinger. I'd like to be able to just hop in the car of my choice without using my favorite vehicles for missions. Too much to ask, right?

6. How bout bribing cops while you're being arrested? No? Hehe, worth a shot.

7. Can you ever redecorate - I mean, seriously redecorate - your home/property? I'm talking going as far as repainting it on the outside?

8. Do any of the newer games come with a language filter? Or at least a separate audio option just for people's voices/dialogue?

9. Can you ever pick and choose which blips appear on your map and radar. I'm talking real specifically, not just categories of places. Like, you can have a blip for the Pay 'n' Spray and Safehouses and nothing else, as an example.

10. Do you ever get to listen to the public radio in emergency vehicles? I would think that emergency vehicles in real life come with radios, but I could be wrong.

11. Can you ever earn enough respect to make it so the friggin' gangs don't mess with you when you're just driving by? I mean, it would be boring if you could shoot them dead and they still didn't fight back (so you could reason that they will fight back for fear of losing their lives), but I think all the times you defeat them should amount to something more than a number on your stats screen.

As said before, if you wouldn't mind answering some or all of these questions for me, please do so without giving any additional information about the story or who gets killed/defeated, etc.

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

1. No.
2. No.
3. No, but you can quick select weapons by pressing L1/LB + up / down / left / right
4. No, it's random.
5. Not that i know of.
6. pls rokstar. (you can in Red Dead Redemption)
7. No.
8. IDK.
9. Yes, all safe houses/Pay n spray/etc. But you can't chose a specific one.
10. I don't remember, but i think "Yes".
11. The gangs are extremely subtle and not noticeable like PS2 GTAs, and no, there isn't any meter. (not 100% sure)

Keep in mind that the basis for my answers are from GTA IV ONLY. But GTA V, the next GTA coming out in sept. 17 will have more than you'll ever want in GTA.

The GTA released for PS3/360/PC is IV with it's episodes. (which is like how LCS/VCS was to III/VC but much smaller)

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Answer for the 10th question is no.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (gdsaqqq @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 13:34)
1. No.
2. No.
3. No, but you can quick select weapons by pressing L1/LB + up / down / left / right
4. No, it's random.
5. Not that i know of.
6. pls rokstar. (you can in Red Dead Redemption)
7. No.
8. IDK.
9. Yes, all safe houses/Pay n spray/etc. But you can't chose a specific one.
10. I don't remember, but i think "Yes".
11. The gangs are extremely subtle and not noticeable like PS2 GTAs, and no, there isn't any meter. (not 100% sure)

Keep in mind that the basis for my answers are from GTA IV ONLY. But GTA V, the next GTA coming out in sept. 17 will have more than you'll ever want in GTA.

The GTA released for PS3/360/PC is IV with it's episodes. (which is like how LCS/VCS was to III/VC but much smaller)

Thank you for your answers. But how can you be so sure about V? Lol, I "hear" wishful thinking in your "voice" tounge.gif

And does the "pls rokstar" mean "Please, Rockstar, make this happen" or "Please! This is Rockstar we're talking about!"

That's good to know about the radar blips. But I do think there should be an ongoing thing with the gangs. Not suggesting making it so you can ever kill them off (because again that would be boring). And I may be the only one, but I think I'd like for a game to start like PS2 GTAs when it comes to the gangs and then get way better. Like, the gangs all attack you pretty aggressively until you show each one individually that you're not a man to be messed with. Would add to the sense of accomplishment, IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users