Photo

Uncharted 4

16 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

Naughty Dog is now a two-game developing studio, The Last of Us and Uncharted IPs. Of the latter, Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception was the last title to grace PS3, but we never doubted for once that Naughty Dog would continue the bestselling franchise on PS4.

But we hadnt heard anything about the game until today, when Lost and The Lord of the Rings actor Dominic Monaghan spilled the beans while speaking today at a conference regarding his work on the live-action series for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

According to Monaghan, he simply cant wait for the next Naughty Dog epic, hinting that he knows a thing or two about it.

Ill always stay focused on the gaming world and see whats coming up, he said. The new Uncharted Im really excited to see how thats going to be and obviously both new gaming systems.

Of course we knew that Sony held back some major announcements from its E3 presser because PS4 was being unveiled, and no one wants to debut their big game in the shadows of a next generation console.

GamesCom, maybe? Lets hope so, but its good to finally get semi-confirmation that Naughty Dog is hard at work on one of the best franchises ever forged.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

That don't prove nothing.

Until ND come out and announce Uncharted 4 themselves nothing is confirmed

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:32 AM Edited by theomenofficial, 10 August 2013 - 11:35 AM.

They won't announce it right now because they just released The Last of Us not too long ago.
This news is all over the internet now btw.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Am I the only one that rather see Naughty Dog focus more time on The Last of Us 2 rather then a fifth Uncharted game?

I mean Uncharted 1 was ok
Uncharted 2 was great ( Best one )
Uncharted 3 was good
I never played Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Did Naughty dog confirm it

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 11:41)

What? The Last of Us? I remember Sony buying the rights for The Last of Us 2 and 3. They got to be fools if they don't make another one.

They most likely will be new characters though.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 22:43)

What? The Last of Us? I remember Sony buying the rights for The Last of Us 2 and 3. They got to be fools if they don't make another one.

I was talking about Uncharted 4

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

He didn't confirmed anything. He's a gamer. He's just saying what every gamer knows. There's no way in hell that Naughty Dog will not make a new Uncharted. It's their best selling franchise. A money making machine.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 11:59)

I don't think it is. I think they're focusing more on The Last of US 2 ( After the story DLC is done with the first one )

There isn't any more story to tell. Nate got married to Elena. with that being said they can't really go out too much. Uncharted is about Nate so making a new game about someone else would destroy the series.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:11 PM Edited by billy james, 10 August 2013 - 12:16 PM.

QUOTE (redx165 @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 23:02)
QUOTE (billy james @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 11:59)

I don't think it is. I think they're focusing more on The Last of US 2 ( After the story DLC is done with the first one )

There isn't any more story to tell. Nate got married to Elena. with that being said they can't really go out too much. Uncharted is about Nate so making a new game about someone else would destroy the series.

Not really, if Nate and Elena have a kid, the game will be set 25 years after the event of the original trilogy, mini drake will take Drakes spot and Drake will take Sully spot, therefore you can follow the PS4 trend at not giving your sequels a number (inFAMOUS and Killzone).

I'd call it Uncharted: Drakes Legacy, or Uncharted: Sully's gold

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

I would actually love another Uncharted game by Naughty Dog, I hope this is true. Nonetheless.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Uncharted 2 is the best PS3 game hands down.
Uncharted 2 > The Last of Us
I hope we get Uncharted 4 first, then TLoU prequel. The intro to that game is too good not to dive into how the world fell apart.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 22:38)
Am I the only one that rather see Naughty Dog focus more time on The Last of Us 2 rather then a fifth Uncharted game?

I mean Uncharted 1 was ok
Uncharted 2 was great ( Best one )
Uncharted 3 was good
I never played Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Just ignoring golden Abyss, I think Uncharted should finish up, just like Seinfeld ended when it was peaking. As much as I would love more Uncharted, at the same time it'd be nice to see them end it before running it into the ground. I mean the major plot twist in all three was like the same and came at the same time of the game, they obviously are out of over-arching story ideas in that respect. Perhaps if they could keep away from that I would enjoy it, I mean Nate is always up for adventure.

I dunno, I love Uncharted as much as GTA for Storyline, if not more. But I don't want them to drag it on too far.

twistedweather
  • twistedweather

dust in the wind

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:13 PM Edited by twistedweather, 10 August 2013 - 04:16 PM.

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 14:33)
Uncharted 2 > The Last of Us
I hope we get Uncharted 4 first, then TLoU prequel. The intro to that game is too good not to dive into how the world fell apart.

The first Uncharted/PS3 game I played was when I purchased the Uncharted 3 bundle to replace my PS2. I was blown away, feeling totally on the edge of my seat while playing this game. Went back and played the original before buying Goty edition of Uncharted 2, which is a great game, but imo doesnt match up to immersive gameplay and story the TLoU provided.

If they do have an Uncharted 4 bundle, it would definitely give me good cause to purchase a PS4.

You hit the nail on the head. A prequel that delves into story highlighted by the opening of TLoU would be incredible. One of my favorite game openings ever.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:27 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 10 August 2013 - 04:30 PM.

Uncharted: Drake's Pawn Shop

Excited to see what Naughty Dog will do with the PS4. The PS3 was hard to develop for YET
Naughty Dog has pushed some amazing visuals on it. The PS4 is more powerful and easier to create
for...I can't imagine.

Epic things coming. icon14.gif

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:24 AM Edited by MMC_BITW, 24 November 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Wasn't the Teaser video released?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

I don't think it's 4. I think it's a sequel to Golden Abyss, because you bury Dante alive. I think the story takes place before 1 seeing as that is when Golden Abyss took place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users