Photo

GTA Online feature request

21 replies to this topic
Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

PLEASE give us the ability to MUTE all players at once, and make it accessible from anywhere in multiplayer!!!!

It ruins multiplayer when you have the person whose sound system is up so loud you can hear their crappy music over the game, or the 10-year old kid's endless inane babbling, or the racist screaming at everyone. It sucks to have to wait until the lobby to mute (like in Max Payne 3), and it sucks to have to mute each player individually, or mute new players as they come on. There should just be a setting to MUTE ALL.

Max Payne 3 is the worst - activity on the mic mutes the sound fx in the game, so every time someone says something, or their music gets loud, or they get into a big gunfight, it basically mutes the sound fx. I've been in many games where you can't even hear any sound fx. It's terrible and ruins the game.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us lots of MUTE options in GTA Online!!

MaddFool
  • MaddFool

Back in the Shark City

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

then you better hope R* let's us play our own music or your gonna hear rap music coming from my sound system

DaPieGuy
  • DaPieGuy

You Got Twoglopped!

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

Last of us had a great system for that where you could mute everyone in the game and even when new people joined it muted them. It didn't mute people in your party which was awesome too.

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by Patriot_Action, 09 August 2013 - 10:22 PM.

As much as I hate speculating about online multiplayer stuff, worthwhile topic.

I don't understand why voicechat is (still) handled so badly in games. There's a reason PC people prefer third-party chat (Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, etc.) to in-game voicechat for games (sure, you could use third-party while playing on a console too, but that's a stupid and clumsy way to handle it). Sloppy muting systems, if they are even included, is a good example. The menus are always incredibly sloppy and awkward to stumble through to mute people.

I prefer to keep voicechat on and hear everyone, but I don't want to hear audio feedback/echoes, sh*t music, people telling their girlfriends or moms that they'll be there in a minute, and shrieking prepubescent adolescents.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

Mute is a must! Whoever create game with VOIP without mute is...

Well I will not play multiplayer then, whichever game that is.

03silverbullet
  • 03silverbullet

multiplaya4life

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

lol did i read that right? you want to mute all the players, then why have your head set on?

i hated the bugs max payne 3 has with multiplayer, but at least it allowed you to mute certain players.

i think the best we'll see in V is the ability to mute certain players, but if we don't want to hear any......just don't connect your headset.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (03silverbullet @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 23:00)
lol did i read that right? you want to mute all the players, then why have your head set on?

I don't use a headset. People still come through over voice chat though.

IMO a great feature would be for the game to auto-mute anyone who's headset is being activated continually. If a signal is coming over voice chat continually it is either their music, the game audio, interference sounds, or they need to shut the F up lol. In any of those cases I would be supremely happy to have the game auto-mute. It could be an option to turn on/off in multiplayer settings Unbelievable how many times it is pure static coming over the voice chat.

Shaunr
  • Shaunr

Cooljunk Productions

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:22 PM Edited by playaindahood, 09 August 2013 - 11:24 PM.

There really needs to be more mute options. mute all players is kind of pointless though, because you can easily change your voice settings so you don't hear anyone, even through your tv.

But I'm thinking of something like 'mute noisiest players' that would mean players who are talking for more than 20 seconds at a time (1+ second breaks required to reset time so someone's background music playing may cause their mic to be too active) being over a volume limit would also be enough to be too noisy.

Or maybe the game can auto mute these people. "You have been automatically muted for surpassing the volume limit! Go to your chat options to unmute yourself." or "You have been automatically muted for an overactive mic. Check your mic to make sure it is not buzzing or picking up background music. You can unmute yourself in the chat options."

Maybe there could also be strikes you can get. if you get 5 strikes, you will not be able to unmute yourself for 15 minutes.

Also with the volume limit, it could be possible for someone to accidentally talk too loud or drop their mic, so the volume limit will only count if the noise is 2 seconds or longer. so if you accidentally yell out of shock, for example, that would not trigger a strike, but if you blow into the mic like a f*cking asshole then that would trigger it.

"Shadowwolf111 has been automuted"

That's something I would like to see.

NeilFallonsBeard
  • NeilFallonsBeard

Superior Firepower, Superior Hardware

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

I love hearing people, especially the little kids. I can not be satisfied with winning if I can't hear the losers weep.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

on Xbox live you can mute people, that's what I did if it got really annoying, I'm sure ps3 lets you mute people too!

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

Dunno about all that, but you could only hear people if they called you on your mobile, this was on GTA 4, last time i played online which was a long time ago

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 23:32)
on Xbox live you can mute people, that's what I did if it got really annoying, I'm sure ps3 lets you mute people too!

This...IV let you do it via the phone so I am sure it will carry over.

G D
  • G D

RED7 ineffable arts.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

The scientifically proven cure, is playing Black Ops 2 online. preferably, Search & Destroy.

After playing that for a certain amount of time, you'll endure playing GTA V online, which unofficially features adults name calling each other like a legit "matures."

Atleast it ain't kids screamin'...u know wat im sayin? turn.gif

Good luck OP! xmas.gif

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Sticky Pads @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 21:55)
PLEASE give us the ability to MUTE all players at once, and make it accessible from anywhere in multiplayer!!!!

It ruins multiplayer when you have the person whose sound system is up so loud you can hear their crappy music over the game, or the 10-year old kid's endless inane babbling, or the racist screaming at everyone. It sucks to have to wait until the lobby to mute (like in Max Payne 3), and it sucks to have to mute each player individually, or mute new players as they come on. There should just be a setting to MUTE ALL.

Max Payne 3 is the worst - activity on the mic mutes the sound fx in the game, so every time someone says something, or their music gets loud, or they get into a big gunfight, it basically mutes the sound fx. I've been in many games where you can't even hear any sound fx. It's terrible and ruins the game.

I am fairly sure you can mute all voice by using the xbox system settings.

Occasionally, I would plug in a headset, and just turn the mic off, and set it down next to me.

But, I agree with you; many, many games are missing a MUTE ALL feature, and it is... grossly negligent, in my opinion.

M_Redfield
  • M_Redfield

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

I'd like to take this moment to make sure Rockstar doesn't implement the same voice communication as GTA4. In that, you HAD to have a mic plugged in and on in order to hear others.

Such stupid system.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

Just turn your headset off or mute everyone manually. Why are you complaining about something you can easily fix yourself? You're just like the people who complained the GPS ruined GTA IV, even though you could turn it off very fast.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

The mute all option is very nice. Naughty Dog did put it in all of their multiplayer components as others did before.

Stinger GT
  • Stinger GT

Termation

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (03silverbullet @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 23:00)

i hated the bugs max payne 3 has with multiplayer, but at least it allowed you to mute certain players.

i think the best we'll see in V is the ability to mute certain players, but if we don't want to hear any......just don't connect your headset.

And what about the people who use gaming headsets like me?
Taking off my headset would result in me not hearing the game whatsthat.gif

Colonel Dre
  • Colonel Dre

Non Duxit Nos Inducas

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 00:36)
QUOTE (Red XIII @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 23:32)

This...IV let you do it via the phone so I am sure it will carry over.

The problem, for me at least, was trying to figure out who the f*ck was talking....

And in Free Roam when you are far from everyone and you can't see the blips, it's impossible

FranklinsBroJT
  • FranklinsBroJT

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (Sticky Pads @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 21:55)

Gta iv had a mute.

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

I'd say it's highly likely that you will be able to mute all the f*ckwits with mics, yes. MP3 had it and I see no reason why it would not be retained for GTA V.

Red Hat
  • Red Hat

its moi

• Daily Globe
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award GTA IV

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:07 AM

I think you should post this over here.
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=471442

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users