Help and Discussion of IV modding only. Please post mod releases in the Mod Showroom
- Please read the Official Modification Forum Rules & Procedure BEFORE posting!
- Mods in Multiplayer are not allowed
- Data topics: The following topics contain extremely useful data relating to the modifying of IV.
- Please ensure you read the Modding Round Up guide so you know what currently can be done in IV.
- The conversion of episodic content is not allowed.
[Q] What exactly do mods like VisualIV do?
Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:11 PM
Anyways, I'm a bit confused as to what exactly these mods do. The one thing I do know, is that they edit the timecyc files for more "realistic" weather and colors. Alright, that's understandable.
But lets take environment mod v5 for example (since the OP in the VisualIV topic doesn't really explain what VisualIV does). Environment Mod v5 says it fixes the shadow calculations and sun reflections. But what exactly is that doing? Why does that need to be fixed? What's the difference?
On top of that, people say that environment mod v5 and VisualIV can boost your performance a bit. But why? What exactly is it doing to give you some FPS?
I'm just really confused as to what the fuss is about these mods. If they're fixing things in the game, and optimizing it - I'd like to know how and why so I feel a bit more comfortable downloading it. I don't want to be missing out on anything that fixes GTA IV.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users