Photo

American Horror Story

155 replies to this topic
sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

I feel the same way about the opening. I guess it was just a matter of time before they'd show it play out, but it wasn't something I cared to see.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010
    Best Cluckin' Huge Meal 2015

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (sonnyBlack @ Thursday, Nov 10 2011, 19:33)
I feel the same way about the opening. I guess it was just a matter of time before they'd show it play out, but it wasn't something I cared to see.

I just think it could have been handled somewhat more tastefully. Tate walks into the library, pan away to a window outside the library. Multiple gunshots, maybe some screams if you feel so inclined. Scene.

Instead we got this long, drawn out gratuitous execution scene. I noticed they omitted the bit where Tate asked the goth girl if she believed in God before he shot her, which she talked about in the prior episode, which was something actually taken from the Columbine shooting. I guess that was the writers version of "holding back".

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Thursday, Nov 10 2011, 16:12)
I just think it could have been handled somewhat more tastefully. Tate walks into the library, pan away to a window outside the library. Multiple gunshots, maybe some screams if you feel so inclined. Scene.

That would've been a lot better.

QUOTE (meta187 @ Thursday, Nov 10 2011, 16:12)
Instead we got this long, drawn out gratuitous execution scene. I noticed they omitted the bit where Tate asked the goth girl if she believed in God before he shot her, which she talked about in the prior episode, which was something actually taken from the Columbine shooting. I guess that was the writers version of "holding back".

At least they had some sense then, I just wish they'd have held back just a bit more. I'm not normally so sensitive towards things, but this opening just pushed the wrong buttons as you said. It was hard for me to get passed it and enjoy the rest of the episode.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Thursday, Nov 10 2011, 10:46)
So it's confirmed Tate is dead. However, that does leave the question as to how he met with Ben off property a few episodes back. Sloppy writing or is there something more to it?

I finally caught up with the last two episodes, and I submit that that question has been answered.

Tate is in denial. He doesn't acknowledge that he's a ghost and so can't rest properly, not that any of the ghosts do. But he can't be a ghost like the others ghosts can, because he's in some weird, ghost-limbo state. And this affords him the ability to leave the property.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Friday, Nov 18 2011, 00:12)
I finally caught up with the last two episodes, and I submit that that question has been answered.

Tate is in denial. He doesn't acknowledge that he's a ghost and so can't rest properly, not that any of the ghosts do. But he can't be a ghost like the others ghosts can, because he's in some weird, ghost-limbo state. And this affords him the ability to leave the property.

That was my line of thought too.

I really like this show because week to week I have no damn clue where the story is heading. Like Moira biting off that Armenian guy's junk... Yikes

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Pagelzilla @ Friday, Nov 18 2011, 19:11)
Like Moira biting off that Armenian guy's junk... Yikes

I missed the episode last week and they just now finally posted it on demand so I got to see it.

All I can say is, f*ckin' youch! nervous.gif

Naomi
  • Naomi

Predator posing as a house pet

• Zaibatsu

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 23:30)
Waaaaaaay too much man-ass and the camera shake is seizure inducing but damn, Jessica Lange would still get it. It feels a little over done but I'll give it a few eps before I decide.

There's simply no such thing as too much man arse.
Though I realise I'm in the minority on this point.

Jessica Lange looks amazing. Agreed.
I hope I look even half as good as she does when I reach her age.*

I can't pick a fave character in this show. I usually have one or two when watching any series. They're all pretty interesting.

*Posts informing me that I'm her age already will be met swiftly with empty Internet threats.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Naomi @ Monday, Nov 28 2011, 10:14)
I can't pick a fave character in this show. I usually have one or two when watching any series. They're all pretty interesting.

*Posts informing me that I'm her age already will be met swiftly with empty Internet threats.

Nice of you to join us, Naomi. inlove.gif

And NO I will not make any age related cracks, I'm sure you're 29 and holding with a fierce determination.

I will say, I really have a hard time picking a fav on this show as well, the moment a character will do something I like they'll then turn around around and do something highly annoying or questionable. There aren't a lot of bonafide "good guys" on this show so it really keeps you guessing on how you feel about people.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

Ben finally sees!

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

I just found about the Violet is dead theory last week. I feel dumb for not seeing it for myself beforehand. They nailed it.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
  • Contribution Award [Gaming]
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

Yes I just found that out after watching the episode. I didn't see it myself since well, I kind of skipped the last couple of episodes unless it was for the good parts.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

meta, where are you?

I really, really liked that episode. Think it's a very cool choice to kill Vivien. Was not expecting that. But now I'm wondering how the show continues. Wouldn't Ben just wannna kill himself to stay with V and V? And that would really slow down the show.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:52 AM Edited by meta187, 19 December 2011 - 05:26 AM.

I'm here, man.

I wanted to catch up on a few episodes before I dropped a comment. Vivian being dead shocked the sh*t out of my wife but I think I nosed in here and accidentally noticed a spoiler so less so.

This show is just so f*cking heavy, it doesn't let up. Something drastically unpleasant happens in each episode. It's like the writers are operating under the premise that killing people off is completely inconsequential since they can come back as ghosts and it kind of works against the dramatic tension of people fighting to stay alive in a f*cked up haunted house.

Otter calls this show very "derivative" I think earlier in the thread. Just in these recent episodes we've seen the Black Dalia, mentions of the Anti-Christ (Rosemary's Baby) and Urban Legends like the Piggy Man. They just really need to pull this sh*t together because it's all over the place and hectic.

Sorry to bitch so much, it's just that this show does some things really well and other things irk the sh*t out of me. I've been going back and forth on every episode on what my overall opinion is. Like this recent decision to kill off Viv for example. On one hand it seems like a smart, daring kill off a likable protagonist (Game Of Thrones showing it's effect again) writing decision. On the other hand it feels like they are pandering to some teen chicks masturbatory Twilight bullsh*t fantasy about a misunderstood dreamy psychopath being so dedicated to some mousy girl he stayed with her until death and beyond.

Bottom line, I've just got mixed feelings on the show at this point.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Monday, Dec 19 2011, 00:52)
On the other hand it feels like they are pandering to some teen chicks masturbatory Twilight bullsh*t fantasy about a misunderstood dreamy psychopath being so dedicated to some mousy girl he stayed with her until death and beyond.

Well it looks like that's been put to bed. Violet told him off, royally.

I'm glad you posted. I totally forgot the finale is tomorrow.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:14 AM

That was one weird finale. sh*t.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

How the hell is this show going to have a second season?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Pagelzilla @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 11:14)
How the hell is this show going to have a second season?

I was thinking the same thing.

How are they going to make it interesting to watch a bunch of dead people sit around a house.They can focus on the kid that lived, who's obviously taking after his father's homicidal ways. It'll be interesting to see what they can do, but I have little faith that anyone can pull off a second season without some bullsh*t loop-hole to what they've already done.

I'm still wondering why Moira is the only ghost that ages. Or at least aged. I want more ass shot floor scrubbing.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Keep up with the news guise, jeez.

It's been confirmed the second season of the show and every season thereafter will feature a new haunting in a new location. So we won't be seeing the Harmon family anymore.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

Oh, that's cool. I guess.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hm. That sounds promising. I stopped watching about halfway through last season, it was just too weird and not very scary, so I lost interest in watching anymore of it. But a different setting with different people sounds good to me. I'm hoping season two will actually be creepy and frightening as opposed to being just grotesque and in some ways, disturbing. Last season just wasn't my thing.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 14:05)
Keep up with the news guise, jeez.

It's been confirmed the second season of the show and every season thereafter will feature a new haunting in a new location. So we won't be seeing the Harmon family anymore.

Roger. Well, at least it had a (moderately) happy ending. The Harmon family is together and Vivien has her non-rapey baby.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 21:03)
Oh, that's cool.  I guess.

This f*cking show tricked me. It pushed me to the breaking point of disliking it then snatched me back in the final episode.

Honestly, it makes total sense though. Another season with the same people in the same house with a different family would be totally abysmal and monotonous. I mean honestly this final episode felt like a "Just in case we don't make it to Season 2 lets wrap things up and put a nice little button on it" so I'm glad they can move forward with a new cast and setting, that'll keep things fresh.

Also the crossover potential for characters from previous seasons to somehow work their way into the storyline is always there. I could def see Tate's child supposedly being the antichrist coming back into the mix a few years down the road.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Saturday, Jan 7 2012, 15:05)
QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 21:03)
Oh, that's cool.† I guess.

This f*cking show tricked me. It pushed me to the breaking point of disliking it then snatched me back in the final episode.

Honestly, it makes total sense though. Another season with the same people in the same house with a different family would be totally abysmal and monotonous. I mean honestly this final episode felt like a "Just in case we don't make it to Season 2 lets wrap things up and put a nice little button on it" so I'm glad they can move forward with a new cast and setting, that'll keep things fresh.

Also the crossover potential for characters from previous seasons to somehow work their way into the storyline is always there. I could def see Tate's child supposedly being the antichrist coming back into the mix a few years down the road.

I wouldn't mind them just leaving the kid's story, for now, then just go on to another completely unrelated story. And then come back in a couple seasons and then explore that story when the kid is older, and maybe with characters in the seasons inbetween.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

Finally got around to watching the last few eps of this. I was chuckling to myself when it went all Beetljuice toward the end.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Tuesday, Jan 17 2012, 18:47)
Finally got around to watching the last few eps of this. I was chuckling to myself when it went all Beetljuice toward the end.

Work, work, work, senora. Work it all the time

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 00:47)

Hilarious.

That's exactly what I thought of in that basement scene, when they started mutilating each other to scare off that family.

powerwilliams1
  • powerwilliams1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

I love American Horror movie and I would like to share my favorite movies. inlove.gif

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by Zinthaniel, 09 August 2013 - 12:59 AM.

Who else loves this show?

Those unfamiliar with it American Horror Story is an Anthology series with each season being a self contained story with no connections to any previous or future seasons.

The first season was about a haunted house that trapped the souls of those who died in it.

The second season was about an Asylum.

This season is about witches, voodoo priestess, and a white socialite serial killer who tortures & kills her black slaves in secret.

It's a pretty morbid series, but the acting is phenomenal and the plots engaging. It's really a breed all of it's own.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Tis show is f*cking ridiculous bugnuts. But that's why I like it. Season 2 was a great improvement over the first season and I can't wait for Coven.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

I love this show's format. It makes sense with this kind of genre. I'd rather watch a really good story compressed into one season, where, as people are known to do in horror, people are killed, things that happen over years happen over a few weeks, and there is finality. It's like they are mini-series. I also really like the use of the same actors in different roles. I fancy myself an acting buff, so to see an actor go from, troubled family man to serial killer with mommy issues, or nice old lady next door to twisted nun, from season to season, that's what I enjoy most.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users