» «
Photo

American Horror Story

35 replies to this topic
Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by Zinthaniel, 09 August 2013 - 12:59 AM.

Who else loves this show?

Those unfamiliar with it American Horror Story is an Anthology series with each season being a self contained story with no connections to any previous or future seasons.

The first season was about a haunted house that trapped the souls of those who died in it.

The second season was about an Asylum.

This season is about witches, voodoo priestess, and a white socialite serial killer who tortures & kills her black slaves in secret.

It's a pretty morbid series, but the acting is phenomenal and the plots engaging. It's really a breed all of it's own.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Tis show is f*cking ridiculous bugnuts. But that's why I like it. Season 2 was a great improvement over the first season and I can't wait for Coven.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

I love this show's format. It makes sense with this kind of genre. I'd rather watch a really good story compressed into one season, where, as people are known to do in horror, people are killed, things that happen over years happen over a few weeks, and there is finality. It's like they are mini-series. I also really like the use of the same actors in different roles. I fancy myself an acting buff, so to see an actor go from, troubled family man to serial killer with mommy issues, or nice old lady next door to twisted nun, from season to season, that's what I enjoy most.

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:42 AM

I just started watching this on Netflix yesterday, and I love it, sadly they only have the first season up and I think I will get through it fairly quickly, because it is such a great show. It is not as scary as I thought it would be, just more suspenseful and thoughtful. I like it the way it is more than if it was just full of jump scares though.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:01 AM

When does season 3 premier? I tried checking the Wikipedia page but can't find an exact date.

Anywho, the witch thingy sounds promising. They could be lots of fun, especially with the insanely top-notch acting talent this show has. Having said that, after spending time on the West coast in season 1 (L.A.) and the East coast in season 2 (Boston), I was kind of hoping for a storyline that takes place in an area this show hasn't explored yet. (Midwest/Deep South/etc.)

And didn't Murphy say that season 3 would take place mainly during "modern" times? This story-line may follow witches who still exist in Salem, MA, with flashbacks to the 1600's and such, methinks.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 03:01)
When does season 3 premier? I tried checking the Wikipedia page but can't find an exact date.

Anywho, the witch thingy sounds promising. They could be lots of fun, especially with the insanely top-notch acting talent this show has. Having said that, after spending time on the West coast in season 1 (L.A.) and the East coast in season 2 (Boston), I was kind of hoping for a storyline that takes place in an area this show hasn't explored yet. (Midwest/Deep South/etc.)

And didn't Murphy say that season 3 would take place mainly during "modern" times? This story-line may follow witches who still exist in Salem, MA, with flashbacks to the 1600's and such, methinks.

This season premiers Oct. 9th.

This season will involve witches and voodoo priestesses going head to head. It's actually supposed to be an allegory for racial tension, one of the themes this season.

It will take place in varying locations and time periods. I wouldn't be surprised if salem and the witch trials are featured.

This season looks a lot of fun and I can understand why this season is so female oriented seeing that last season was male oriented.

Super exciting.

I just started watching this on Netflix yesterday, and I love it, sadly they only have the first season up and I think I will get through it fairly quickly, because it is such a great show. It is not as scary as I thought it would be, just more suspenseful and thoughtful. I like it the way it is more than if it was just full of jump scares though.

You can watch both seasons on this site. American Horror Story

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

I LOVE this show.
I've always wanted a show like this, it's great.
I just started Season 2.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You go OTB more than me man!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

I loved Asylum! Too bad It's the only AHS they gave us over here.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Asylum was so incredibly f*cked up - exactly why I loved it. Coven has a lot of potential, especially considering the witch theme hasn't been explored to its full potential in the horror genre. If the teasers are anything to go by, it'll be one hell of a f*cked up ride.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 19:19)
Asylum was so incredibly f*cked up - exactly why I loved it. Coven has a lot of potential, especially considering the witch theme hasn't been explored to its full potential in the horror genre. If the teasers are anything to go by, it'll be one hell of a f*cked up ride.

I loved it too, it certainly kept me salivating to the last moment. The season was a f*cking maniac in it's narration. I prefer the red herrings to a story that loses all meaning because it tries to wrap up all plots, giving definitive answers where they needn't be.

I will definitely be back for season three.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

Looking forward to Kathy Bates's role as Madame Lalaurie. Always found the Lalaurie story interesting.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:18 AM Edited by DOOM!, 28 November 2013 - 12:34 AM.

My lady loves this show, so I watched the first season on Netflix. Only thing scary in season 1 was the intro, and the fact that the jock kid Tate shot in the face with a shotgun appeared to have one bullet in between the eyes bothered the sh*t out of me for some strange reason. I'd consider this a psychological show before a horror. Edit; I'd also like to add that I thought the ending of season 1 was disappointing, a show built around pure evil/darkness only to have a cheerful ending? The whole family died, pretty horribly I add, the anti-christ was born and the show ended with the dead family putting up a f*cking christmas tree and the anti-christ having a jolly 'ol time with the maid. Don't know what I wanted out of it to be honest, just not that.

Still good show, will start watching the coven since season 2 isn't on netflix.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

I can't get into the whole witch girl power thing. I really hope there is a season 4 back in step with 1 or 2.

Bawse
  • Bawse

Get it liek me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

S3 sucks, nothing will top Asylum for me. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

It's definitely much slower than the other seasons.  As for which seasons I prefer, I think there have been diminishing returns.  I really enjoyed the first season.  I think, even if some of the actors have returned, in my opinion the best acted, and most suspenseful.  Asylum was great, but it veered into campiness a couple times.  Coven seems like it isn't a story meant to be contained in one season, and the suspense doesn't feel like it's there.  It's still fun to watch.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:44 PM Edited by GTA564, 24 April 2014 - 06:48 PM.

I watched the first season and I really liked it, The second season is not as good as the first season
And I have just one problem with this series ,I can not stand Evan Peters, without him the series would have been better
I hope he will not be in the Fourth Season, he's one of my most hated actors

And my favorite actor in the series is Zachary Quinto
If he was not in the second season, I do not think I would continue to watch it

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

I thought Peters was great in the second season. First season, Tate was not a likable character to me. Going on a killing spree kinda does that. He was fairly throw away in the third season. It felt like he was just kinda there so he could be there.

p-s-3x
  • p-s-3x

I have multiple personalities and none of them like you..

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:08 AM Edited by p-s-3x, 19 October 2014 - 12:09 AM.

Wasnt really a fan of the first 3 seasons, but I'm enjoying s4 so far.

I must admit tho I didnt see the violet twist in s1 coming at all!

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of season 3 didn't even watch after 2nd episode... but my lady begged me to watch the first two episodes of season 4 and I'm interested. I'll be following this for the rest of the year.

My girl was also telling me this would be the final season of American Horror Story but I don't know if there is any truth behind that.

p-s-3x
  • p-s-3x

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

^I doubt it it will be the last season just yet.

Remember to keep an eye out for the hints about next season.. I'm not sure which episode it will be, but we'll find out when it's time.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:47 PM

Probably one of my favourite TV shows at the moment. I've enjoyed every season; I admit some haven't been as exciting as others, but because each one has a completely different theme it's easier to forgive. My favourite so far was probably the second season (Asylum) and although even only 2 episodes in, the current season (Freakshow) is proving delightful. It's just the right kinda f*cked up that I enjoy watching.

There's something about the music in this one that is actually getting quite freaky, the gore is always very visual, it just feels like it's gone really out there this time, the plethora of characters and trying to see who is who from previous seasons is great. There's been some terrific acting from some of the actors throughout. 

My girl was also telling me this would be the final season of American Horror Story but I don't know if there is any truth behind that.

They have renewed it for a 5th season after the premiere, and apparently there were clues in the first 2 episodes of what the next theme will be. http://insidetv.ew.c...-story-renewed/

I read a while ago that Jessica Lange only signed up to do 4 seasons though, so I hope she re-considers and stays on, I don't think it could be the same without her lead.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:41 PM

Not related to the clues, but I'd love for them to do a season on a Texas Chainsaw type family. Just a f*cked up bunch of serial killers. I'm thinking something akin to The Addams Family, but more drama than comedy. That could be f*cked up and original.

Anyway. Watched the first episode of the season, and it's great so far. I think Sarah Paulson is one of the most underrated actors around, and she killed it in Asylum and looks to do the same this time around (I didn't really find her character compelling in Coven). Overall it feels more like the show we had in Asylum, not only because it's a period piece, but because it feels more grown up. Maybe that's because the main characters in coven were young and immature.

And that f*cking clown. I have a fear of clowns. I don't run away from them or anything, I just feel uneasy around them. Slap some weird f*cking makeup on one, and I'm done. It's creepy in the best way. Especially when he's doing tricks for the people he has kidnapped.
  • DOOM! likes this

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:23 AM

I watched the first 2 seasons on Netflix and loved them. Anyone know where to watch the fourth season online?

p-s-3x
  • p-s-3x

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:58 AM

Not related to the clues, but I'd love for them to do a season on a Texas Chainsaw type family. Just a f*cked up bunch of serial killers. I'm thinking something akin to The Addams Family, but more drama than comedy. That could be f*cked up and original.
Anyway. Watched the first episode of the season, and it's great so far. I think Sarah Paulson is one of the most underrated actors around, and she killed it in Asylum and looks to do the same this time around (I didn't really find her character compelling in Coven). Overall it feels more like the show we had in Asylum, not only because it's a period piece, but because it feels more grown up. Maybe that's because the main characters in coven were young and immature.
And that f*cking clown. I have a fear of clowns. I don't run away from them or anything, I just feel uneasy around them. Slap some weird f*cking makeup on one, and I'm done. It's creepy in the best way. Especially when he's doing tricks for the people he has kidnapped.

Id love a chainsaw massacre season. AHS:Thomas Hewitt. :D

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

Not only is he a creepy clown, but quite honestly he is a sh*tty clown... how many good clowns f*ck up a ballon trick?

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

First time ever watching it, pretty good so far.

Also. :^:

ahs_darling.jpg

• p-s-3x likes this

MIGta
  • MIGta

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

Haven't watched much on Netflix lately so I gave the pilot a go last night.  Really enjoyed it, very interesting/odd and thought quite a bit happened for one episode.  Really looking forward to getting into the next one at home tonight.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

First time ever watching it, pretty good so far.

Also. :^:

ahs_darling.jpg

I wonder if they actually had places like this back in the day. Places that women went to..............release tention. LOL. I wish Netflix would get season 3 so I can watch it as well. I started Freakshow, about half way through second episode. It might be weird to watch the two season kinda at the same time. But I'm willing to give it a go.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:33 AM

Not liking this season all that much. I'm still waiting for a season to top Asylum which was GREAT.

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• None
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:42 AM

Asylum was the best one so far, the first season was alright but a bit longer than it should. 

Didn't even watched the third one, and the 4th I've gave up after the first episode.

• SimsDaniel916 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users