» «
Photo

American Horror Story

16 replies to this topic
Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by Zinthaniel, 09 August 2013 - 12:59 AM.

Who else loves this show?

Those unfamiliar with it American Horror Story is an Anthology series with each season being a self contained story with no connections to any previous or future seasons.

The first season was about a haunted house that trapped the souls of those who died in it.

The second season was about an Asylum.

This season is about witches, voodoo priestess, and a white socialite serial killer who tortures & kills her black slaves in secret.

It's a pretty morbid series, but the acting is phenomenal and the plots engaging. It's really a breed all of it's own.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Tis show is f*cking ridiculous bugnuts. But that's why I like it. Season 2 was a great improvement over the first season and I can't wait for Coven.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

I love this show's format. It makes sense with this kind of genre. I'd rather watch a really good story compressed into one season, where, as people are known to do in horror, people are killed, things that happen over years happen over a few weeks, and there is finality. It's like they are mini-series. I also really like the use of the same actors in different roles. I fancy myself an acting buff, so to see an actor go from, troubled family man to serial killer with mommy issues, or nice old lady next door to twisted nun, from season to season, that's what I enjoy most.

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:42 AM

I just started watching this on Netflix yesterday, and I love it, sadly they only have the first season up and I think I will get through it fairly quickly, because it is such a great show. It is not as scary as I thought it would be, just more suspenseful and thoughtful. I like it the way it is more than if it was just full of jump scares though.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:01 AM

When does season 3 premier? I tried checking the Wikipedia page but can't find an exact date.

Anywho, the witch thingy sounds promising. They could be lots of fun, especially with the insanely top-notch acting talent this show has. Having said that, after spending time on the West coast in season 1 (L.A.) and the East coast in season 2 (Boston), I was kind of hoping for a storyline that takes place in an area this show hasn't explored yet. (Midwest/Deep South/etc.)

And didn't Murphy say that season 3 would take place mainly during "modern" times? This story-line may follow witches who still exist in Salem, MA, with flashbacks to the 1600's and such, methinks.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 03:01)
When does season 3 premier? I tried checking the Wikipedia page but can't find an exact date.

Anywho, the witch thingy sounds promising. They could be lots of fun, especially with the insanely top-notch acting talent this show has. Having said that, after spending time on the West coast in season 1 (L.A.) and the East coast in season 2 (Boston), I was kind of hoping for a storyline that takes place in an area this show hasn't explored yet. (Midwest/Deep South/etc.)

And didn't Murphy say that season 3 would take place mainly during "modern" times? This story-line may follow witches who still exist in Salem, MA, with flashbacks to the 1600's and such, methinks.

This season premiers Oct. 9th.

This season will involve witches and voodoo priestesses going head to head. It's actually supposed to be an allegory for racial tension, one of the themes this season.

It will take place in varying locations and time periods. I wouldn't be surprised if salem and the witch trials are featured.

This season looks a lot of fun and I can understand why this season is so female oriented seeing that last season was male oriented.

Super exciting.

I just started watching this on Netflix yesterday, and I love it, sadly they only have the first season up and I think I will get through it fairly quickly, because it is such a great show. It is not as scary as I thought it would be, just more suspenseful and thoughtful. I like it the way it is more than if it was just full of jump scares though.

You can watch both seasons on this site. American Horror Story

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

I LOVE this show.
I've always wanted a show like this, it's great.
I just started Season 2.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Whoop some ass!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

I loved Asylum! Too bad It's the only AHS they gave us over here.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Asylum was so incredibly f*cked up - exactly why I loved it. Coven has a lot of potential, especially considering the witch theme hasn't been explored to its full potential in the horror genre. If the teasers are anything to go by, it'll be one hell of a f*cked up ride.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 19:19)
Asylum was so incredibly f*cked up - exactly why I loved it. Coven has a lot of potential, especially considering the witch theme hasn't been explored to its full potential in the horror genre. If the teasers are anything to go by, it'll be one hell of a f*cked up ride.

I loved it too, it certainly kept me salivating to the last moment. The season was a f*cking maniac in it's narration. I prefer the red herrings to a story that loses all meaning because it tries to wrap up all plots, giving definitive answers where they needn't be.

I will definitely be back for season three.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

Looking forward to Kathy Bates's role as Madame Lalaurie. Always found the Lalaurie story interesting.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:18 AM Edited by DOOM!, 28 November 2013 - 12:34 AM.

My lady loves this show, so I watched the first season on Netflix. Only thing scary in season 1 was the intro, and the fact that the jock kid Tate shot in the face with a shotgun appeared to have one bullet in between the eyes bothered the sh*t out of me for some strange reason. I'd consider this a psychological show before a horror. Edit; I'd also like to add that I thought the ending of season 1 was disappointing, a show built around pure evil/darkness only to have a cheerful ending? The whole family died, pretty horribly I add, the anti-christ was born and the show ended with the dead family putting up a f*cking christmas tree and the anti-christ having a jolly 'ol time with the maid. Don't know what I wanted out of it to be honest, just not that.

Still good show, will start watching the coven since season 2 isn't on netflix.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

I can't get into the whole witch girl power thing. I really hope there is a season 4 back in step with 1 or 2.

Bawse
  • Bawse

Annuit Cɶptis

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

S3 sucks, nothing will top Asylum for me. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

It's definitely much slower than the other seasons.  As for which seasons I prefer, I think there have been diminishing returns.  I really enjoyed the first season.  I think, even if some of the actors have returned, in my opinion the best acted, and most suspenseful.  Asylum was great, but it veered into campiness a couple times.  Coven seems like it isn't a story meant to be contained in one season, and the suspense doesn't feel like it's there.  It's still fun to watch.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 7 hours ago Edited by GTA564, 7 hours ago.

I watched the first season and I really liked it, The second season is not as good as the first season
And I have just one problem with this series ,I can not stand Evan Peters, without him the series would have been better
I hope he will not be in the Fourth Season, he's one of my most hated actors

And my favorite actor in the series is Zachary Quinto
If he was not in the second season, I do not think I would continue to watch it

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 34 minutes ago

I thought Peters was great in the second season. First season, Tate was not a likable character to me. Going on a killing spree kinda does that. He was fairly throw away in the third season. It felt like he was just kinda there so he could be there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users