Photo

GTA 5 could disappoint..

296 replies to this topic
TwisterRK
  • TwisterRK

Not depressed at all

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Let me begin by saying GTA IV wasn't the worst GTA in the series, that's just the opinion of a relatively small but very vocal group of players (mostly young people). In fact a lot of people think GTA IV is the best one. I've played every GTA since the first one came out on PSX, and what they did with GTA IV to me was the logical next step for Rockstar. More realism, more focus on physics and a less over-the-top story. Meanwhile, they kept their trademark humor in it and introduced plenty of memorable characters. Also I thought the story was excellent, but then it always is with Rockstar. Yes, there were flaws. But what did you expect with such an ambitious game? And it was the first time they made an open world game with their RAGE engine. Luckily all the little bugs were forgivable at the time it came out.

I think a lot of people were disappointed with GTA IV because they were expecting San Andreas level freedom. Also, a lot of people struggled to have fun going on random killing sprees. This is because GTA IV plays very differently to San Andreas and the fun that can be had is more based around physics than in previous games.

Rockstar is addressing this problem by giving us a very large map like San Andreas, a lot more vehicles like San Andreas, more mini games like San Andreas while keeping the level of realism and general feel of GTA IV. What could possibly go wrong? Like I said, I played EVERY GTA and every time I trust Rockstar blindly. They have never let me down. They are the only video game company I can say that about.

So, to say GTA V might disappoint is not something I would do. I'm calling it now: at least a 9,5/10 game.

DarthMaster
  • DarthMaster

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

GTA 5's map looks so small!

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

Ok.. before you hate on this thread, I just want to say that GTA 4 was by far the worst in the series.

lmao

Exquise
  • Exquise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Whilst I agree now that GTA IV was slightly overrated, the game is also MASSIVELY overhated on this forum. Your fault with disliking GTA IV is due to your love of San Andreas - nothing wrong with feeling that, but it has clouded many people's judgement in rating GTA IV.

And why will GTA V not suck? Just look at every piece of information, screenshot and trailer released.

I just keep thinking 'Skyrim.. Skyrim.. Skyrim..'. IMO: horrible game. And that was at least 7 steps forward since Oblivion; but Oblivion was - and still is (in my opinion) the better game. 

Same could be said about GTA 5, but then again.. It could just blow our expectations out of the water.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

Of course V could be disappointing. And of course it could not as well. I mean, so many people are over hyping it and sh*t that it'll probably be very underwhelming when they actually play it.

But, seriously, IV worst in the series? In your subjective view, you didn't like it. Objectively, it is the best one in the series. You probably overhyped it like many people and got pissed off when the usual jetpacks, tanks and miniguns were gone. But seriously, IV's story, atmosphere and characters kicks the other GTAs so hard that they all fly off into an alternate dimension where Niko is a woman making it big in America by sucking Yank's wangs. Err anyway, no, GTAIV is not the worst in the series at all. The worst is probably GTA1, GTA2 or GTA Liberty City Stories. In my view, I dislike Vice City the most, even with its great atmosphere. The gameplay was so god awful.

DarthMaster
  • DarthMaster

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Of course V could be disappointing. And of course it could not as well. I mean, so many people are over hyping it and sh*t that it'll probably be very underwhelming when they actually play it.

But, seriously, IV worst in the series? In your subjective view, you didn't like it. Objectively, it is the best one in the series. You probably overhyped it like many people and got pissed off when the usual jetpacks, tanks and miniguns were gone. But seriously, IV's story, atmosphere and characters kicks the other GTAs so hard that they all fly off into an alternate dimension where Niko is a woman making it big in America by sucking Yank's wangs. Err anyway, no, GTAIV is not the worst in the series at all. The worst is probably GTA1, GTA2 or GTA Liberty City Stories. In my view, I dislike Vice City the most, even with its great atmosphere. The gameplay was so god awful.

What do you think of GTA 5's map?

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Compared to what Darth?

Pungabi
  • Pungabi

• Members

Looks can be deceiving...

DarthMaster
  • DarthMaster

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Compared to what Darth?

Compared to San Andeas.

maliksharife
  • maliksharife

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lWr4EAZ9taw f*ck u op

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

Compared to what Darth?

Compared to San Andeas.

Its bigger than San Andreas freaking retard. You can fit all the San Andreas cities in GTA V's Los Santos. The countryside and the towns make it even bigger. 

AndreyKva
  • AndreyKva

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

GTA IV was the worst in your opinion. Plus, GTA III is nothing compared to GTA IV.

The story sucked in your opinion, that is one. Most liked it. GTA V's story is nothing like IV. And missions were repetitive to an extent, but GTA V looks different and vibrant. The rest of the things in your post are what we heard millions of times before.

The stuff you mention that GTA SA had to do after completion was boring and got old quick.

Another thing I noticed is you probably never played TBoGT, which fixed all of the real issues you had.

Also, the map is small? Really? The city alone is the size of San Andreas, the countryside is bigger than RDR and IV combined. The locations aren't on there because the map was leaked from the guide, and the guide had multiple maps with multiple locations on them and things.

Seriously, all of your bitching in the OP is stupid, biased, butthurt bullsh*t we have all heard dozens of times.

lowpayne1911
  • lowpayne1911

Pain in the butt!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

Whilst I agree now that GTA IV was slightly overrated, the game is also MASSIVELY overhated on this forum. Your fault with disliking GTA IV is due to your love of San Andreas - nothing wrong with feeling that, but it has clouded many people's judgement in rating GTA IV.

And why will GTA V not suck? Just look at every piece of information, screenshot and trailer released.

well said

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

What is this? A pep talk? :lol:

Anything's possible. But after seeing everything as a whole, I think this game's gonna be bitchin for many reasons. Yeah the map is small, yeah there's stuff missing on the map, but at this point, we'll just have to play for a while and then see. I'm going in GTA V with the best of intentions, and an open mind. I hope I come away feeling blown away instead of feeling bored and disappointed like I was with IV.

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

OP, GTA IV was not as bad as you feel it was. 

However, this is only my opinion. 

And even though everyone is freaking out about the map, I'm positive all those people will poop their pants when they get the game next week.

Ares86
  • Ares86

Gamer Nerdz

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:15 AM

No it can't actually.. I've followed this since the start, and from the small part.. Or big part we've seen, i'm satisfied :santa:

Rockstar presented this game for us, and it's up to us to create the memories and the good times we're gonna have with it:)

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

I just want to say that GTA 4 was by far the worst in the series. 

I personally think IV is a far better game overall than 1, 2, III, Vice City, LCS, and VCS, but hey, we all have our own opinions. Story was worse than VC but still its far from the worse in the series. 

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

Your mom could disappoint, but I still look forward to seeing her every night.

• Demolition Man likes this

SNEAKN80
  • SNEAKN80

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

It's really pathetic how this forum has become a "Bash GTA V" forum.....this is one of the reasons why the creator of Mass Effect quit....ungrateful generation of gamers.

I miss the days when gamers didn't know sh*t until the game reviews came out....

You people are the worse...

SNEAKN80
  • SNEAKN80

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

Let me begin by saying GTA IV wasn't the worst GTA in the series, that's just the opinion of a relatively small but very vocal group of players (mostly young people). In fact a lot of people think GTA IV is the best one. I've played every GTA since the first one came out on PSX, and what they did with GTA IV to me was the logical next step for Rockstar. More realism, more focus on physics and a less over-the-top story. Meanwhile, they kept their trademark humor in it and introduced plenty of memorable characters. Also I thought the story was excellent, but then it always is with Rockstar. Yes, there were flaws. But what did you expect with such an ambitious game? And it was the first time they made an open world game with their RAGE engine. Luckily all the little bugs were forgivable at the time it came out.

I think a lot of people were disappointed with GTA IV because they were expecting San Andreas level freedom. Also, a lot of people struggled to have fun going on random killing sprees. This is because GTA IV plays very differently to San Andreas and the fun that can be had is more based around physics than in previous games.

Rockstar is addressing this problem by giving us a very large map like San Andreas, a lot more vehicles like San Andreas, more mini games like San Andreas while keeping the level of realism and general feel of GTA IV. What could possibly go wrong? Like I said, I played EVERY GTA and every time I trust Rockstar blindly. They have never let me down. They are the only video game company I can say that about.

So, to say GTA V might disappoint is not something I would do. I'm calling it now: at least a 9,5/10 game.

^^^ This... You speak for a lot of us sir...thank you

powerchord
  • powerchord

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

I have a lot of faith that GTA V is going to be great. But I'll add my name to the "minority" that thought that GTA IV was disappointing.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

Bump your thread with a sh*tty comment, 

Map isn't small you know it, you just want to get attention.

koothara
  • koothara

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by koothara, 11 September 2013 - 01:51 AM.

GTA IV is one of the most memorable game i played and i enjoyed every bit of it. It's a matured game and only matured people can enjoy it. Of course i like VC and San andreas but IV gave me a completely different feeling. 

Ares86
  • Ares86

Gamer Nerdz

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

your mom said exactly the same about your dick just now, she's also saying "hello son, don't stay up, mom's gonna be late tonight"

Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (Talib @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 23:18) You know R* made gamers after GTAIV, like RDR, MP3 and LA Noire...
This. icon14.gif

And IV didn't "suck", sure it may have lacked it certain features that were plentiful in SA but the damn game is a dark drama. R* wanted to try this route on and they most definitely succeeded. I mean it got mostly perfect ratings on credible gaming sites..As Gob Bluth would say, COME ON

i've watched the entire series of Arrested Devolopment and still upon reading I pronounced his name

G-O-B.... i failed at life :dontgetit:  :cry:  :sui:

Jamezz
  • Jamezz

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

If you think GTA IV was a major back step then you're a moron.

Moe36
  • Moe36

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

Gta 4 wasnt bad, it was still fun. Also after that, they made RDR which IMO is their best game ever. Gta 5 will only disappoint all those idiots expecting it too have everything they want

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users