Photo

Kids in gta

22 replies to this topic
Reedseed1234
  • Reedseed1234

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Gta can't have kids but skyrim can please tell me why?

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Different games, in Skyrim they are named and they are invincible.

GTAmsterdamN
  • GTAmsterdamN

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

Why do u need kids in an gta game?

u some kind of speedophile?

GambleGamble
  • GambleGamble

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Why does anybody care that much?? Please tell me why

SuperCrayon
  • SuperCrayon

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Because the liberals and the people who are professional offended would have a field day. My view on it is this, if you include kids in a game, let them be kill able or don't include them at all. Because having an invincible character breaks immersion. I think this is also Rockstars view.

People need to separate fiction from reality.

vadTM
  • vadTM

Metalhead

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (SuperCrayon @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 17:42)
Because the liberals and the people who are professional offended would have a field day. My view on it is this, if you include kids in a game, let them be kill able or don't include them at all. Because having an invincible character breaks immersion. I think this is also Rockstars view.

Exactly this. icon14.gif

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

They are invincible in Skyrim (if you don't count mods), and cannot be ran over by cars and such.

Why do you care, do you want the joy of running over kids in a GTA game?

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

I never understood the ban on dogs, now they're in. I'm fine not having kids in the game. GTA is a mature game for adults anyway. In 2001 kids and school buses were removed from pre-release because it was viewed as poor taste. You can still see broken down school buses in GTAIII on the first island by 8-Ball's place.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (GTAmsterdamN @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 17:41)

So if I go play CoD for unknown reasons, I'm pedophile? That game has many kids...

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

Nate is Love, Nate is Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

There's been way too many school shootings in the US for kids to be incorporated, everyone would cry about it. It's better to just leave them out.

impo
  • impo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Do you know how many people have sued on rockstar for all the violance on gta. And now imagine youtube full of killing kids videos on top, mothers gonna hate biggrin.gif

GTAmsterdamN
  • GTAmsterdamN

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 17:50)

So if I go play CoD for unknown reasons, I'm pedophile? That game has many kids...

Ur post makes no sense?

i was talking about the op cause he is making a topic about it because its obviously bothering him,

and where did i say pedophile?
i said speedophile

L.T.R.

maxoS
  • maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Because I wont kill 9 years old kids 4 fun like you!

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

not to get into politics, but pretty sure it is a more conservative-leaning mindset that gets upset about video game violence. all the same GTA provides plenty to offend just about anyone.

children in Skyrim can't be harmed, same as Fallout. i think that makes the answer to this Q pretty clear.

do you want a class of invincible peds in GTA?

still, not too many years ago discussion about animals in GTA usually ended with the idea that animal rights activists would go nuts, so if they were ever included, we wouldn't be able to kill them. now look what we've got. i wouldn't say out of hand that a future GTA can't possibly have them. as a people, the human race every month gets a little less high minded with their ethics -- compare media today to media just 10 years ago, or 20 or 30 or more if it's not apparent immediately. when the first GTA came out, oh boy what a controversy it was to have a game where you broke the law and ran from police, let alone get rewarded for smooshing peds with cars. it takes a lot more these days to shock people, and the argument that "it's just a video game" is a whole lot easier to swallow now than it was in the 80's, even though they've become so much more realistic - culturally we're getting numb to it. the graphic scenes on Shark Week for example on TV would never have been aired not too many decades ago, let alone all the sex and violence on prime-time network shows ore even advertisements -- why killing shorter character models in a video game would remain taboo might be an excellent moral point, but morality is overshadowed by popular demand & monetary gain. being over-the-top and "revolutionary" sells games. i really doubt that this is a moral line in the sand that won't be erased by the tide soon.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Just A Stupid Kid.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

We've done this several times. It's ended horribly each, with grudges and judgements.

I don't care if kids are in GTAV or not, but I hate when people bitch about "morality" when they say we can't even hurt children but don't give a crap about what we do to the adult npcs.

NikoVercetti
  • NikoVercetti

V

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

The kids in Skyrim are annoying.

mulder84
  • mulder84

Someone not dancing to Uncle Sam's tune?

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Reedseed1234 @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 01:38)

'Cuz society can't accept it. Done, don't ask me why. Perhaps in a couple of millenia when child rapists/killers are all gone they might add that into GTA MMXIII. Either way, it doesn't affect the gameplay much, if at all, and it really breaks the immersion if they're added in but any accidents with kids and your car crumples like a tin can while they're totally fine.

And if you want to add in kids, why not go the full nine yards? The physically disabled? The mentally disabled? The list can go on...

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Reedseed1234 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 17:38)

The better question is why do you want kids in the game?

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (GTAmsterdamN @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 17:53)
QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 17:50)

Ur post makes no sense?

i was talking about the op cause he is making a topic about it because its obviously bothering him,

and where did i say pedophile?
i said speedophile

L.T.R.

You didn't answer my question.

masterjack96
  • masterjack96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

Do you know how annoying it would be to be driving on the sidewalk trying to escape the cops and you hit a Kid that can't die/be ran over and it's like you hit a wall? It would be pretty annoying.

Dr Zoidburg
  • Dr Zoidburg

woop woop woop!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

How many of these threads do we need? This can only end badly.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

Because...

user posted image

GTA_La_Costra_Nostra
  • GTA_La_Costra_Nostra

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

In America, I see Conservatives being more upset about this than Liberals, Fox News has had more specials on how violent video games are than any other news organization. But I do get your point with a few prominent Liberals like Hilary Clinton, who would probably get just as pissed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users