Hotels

14 replies to this topic
Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

In Red Dead Redemption we could pay a few dollars to sleep the night in a rented accomodation.
With regard to GTA:V, I see this being translated across perfectly as we'll probably have the ability to pay-to-stay in a hotel for the night. I really hope this is in the game. Not only will it add more immersion, but it will contribute to the convenience as the world is huge.

THOUGHTS? WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THIS?

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

Resident F*ckin' Professional

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

Yeah. Doesn't seem hard to implement at all.

But I'd still like to camp in the LS wilderness.

Kevstyle
  • Kevstyle

True City Killers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

Its somewhat pointless because sleeping in your safehouse is free...

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Kevstyle @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 16:42)

And if you are on the other side if the map

Gedmundo
  • Gedmundo

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Just make enough money and buy the hotel.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Well probably have a bunch of safehouses, and we also have the ability to switch to another character (who will most likely be spawned near his house if the one we're currently controlling is too far to bother) and save with him.

It would add a nice touch to the game, but I doubt they would do it. It's more likely they made it like in previous GTAs where you could buy a safehouse in certain hotels.

Bonfire ForCrow
  • Bonfire ForCrow

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

I like the idea. Maybe a bed'n'breakfast by the foot of Mt. Josiah, a shaggy run down motel near the outskirts of Sandy Shores and so on. Gives us a bit of variety and allows us to make checkpoints close to cool locations. All for it.

Emphasis93
  • Emphasis93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

[B] It is the experience of booking a room for a day, then being able to be in the room, exploring the room admiring the small details such as possibly a balcony to gaze the world apon, hell even admiring the bathroom.
For people that care about such detailing as being able to book a room at a hotel as a feature of the game, its mind blowing.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 16:48)
Well probably have a bunch of safehouses, and we also have the ability to switch to another character (who will most likely be spawned near his house if the one we're currently controlling is too far to bother) and save with him.

It would add a nice touch to the game, but I doubt they would do it. It's more likely they made it like in previous GTAs where you could buy a safehouse in certain hotels.

This is all that matters. All the other assumptions you made just to shoot down the idea are irrelevant. Switching to a different character, saving then switching back would take longer than simply buying a room and saving. I like the idea Ambient and can see its benefit.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (BumpyJohnson @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 17:22)
QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 16:48)

This is all that matters. All the other assumptions you made just to shoot down the idea are irrelevant. Switching to a different character, saving then switching back would take longer than simply buying a room and saving. I like the idea Ambient and can see its benefit.

I was not trying to shoo down this idea. I like it. I was just saying why would they probably not make it, just being realistic.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

In RDR the hotels were kinda useless since you could just camp anywhere. Hopefully instead of camps, you have RVs to buy or rent, and then hotels.

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

I think Skyrim does this well. If a mission doesn't start until 7a and it's 2a, you sleep. Skyrim also autosaves which is a good feature. Why not have autosaves, but if you want to load a specific save from your campsite, or safehouse that's available too. You don't always want to drive to a safehouse to finish playing. Sometimes the Xbox 360 will have a disc read error and you lose all the days gaming anyway.

INEEDVNOW
  • INEEDVNOW

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Love the idea! cookie.gif

Would like some diversity though.

Cheap Motels vs Expensive 5 star luxury hotels smile.gif
And everything in between

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 08 August 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Would be very cool. I mean R* included interiors in map size talk so there must be a wide
variety you would think.

But If it's not in well...w/e we have property to purchase.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Emphasis93 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 16:56)

[B] It is the experience of booking a room for a day, then being able to be in the room, exploring the room admiring the small details such as possibly a balcony to gaze the world apon, hell even admiring the bathroom.
For people that care about such detailing as being able to book a room at a hotel as a feature of the game, its mind blowing.

Exactly!
It's these kind of small details that really make a game for me. I know some people really couldn't care less about this kinda stuff and just wanna kill people and blow stuff up, for me the game is much deeper than that icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users