Photo

Rockstar Games appreciation thread

47 replies to this topic
GTA5iVe
  • GTA5iVe

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Thank you Rockstar, for working your asses off and making one of the best games of all time.

Thank you Rockstar, for not being money hungry and greedy like other developers.

Thank you Rockstar, for not being half-assed with what you do.

Thank you Rockstar, for giving (most of) us what we want.

Thank you so much for your hard work. <3

user posted image
  • dimitrispgr likes this

Jack94
  • Jack94

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

What the...

GTAmsterdamN
  • GTAmsterdamN

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Jack94 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:00)
What the...

fork?

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Another one?

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

I'll join in: Your hard work is hugely appreciated, Rockstar Games.

alex3
  • alex3

Crazy Ass Aunt

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

user posted image

Billy the kid
  • Billy the kid

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

We havnt played the game yet so we dont know if its the best game ever.

Rockstar is turning a bit greedy, especially when you look at how they do with special stuff and the fact that you have the pre order to get certain stuff.

There are some things Rockstar did "half-assed" like making the ghetto as big as Bohan when in real life the ghetto covers much more area than the rich areas. Im pretty sure there will be more stuff in this game that Rockstar failed to deliver that we will see when the game is out.

GTA5iVe
  • GTA5iVe

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Billy the kid @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:03)

Rockstar is turning a bit greedy, especially when you look at how they do with special stuff and the fact that you have the pre order to get certain stuff.

There are some things Rockstar did "half-assed" like making the ghetto as big as Bohan when in real life the ghetto covers much more area than the rich areas. Im pretty sure there will be more stuff in this game that Rockstar failed to deliver that we will see when the game is out.

nah chill with that sh*t b

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

This entire website network is an appreciation.. thing..

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

>making a ghetto the size of bohan is lazy

what is wrong with you?

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (GTA5iVe @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 13:59)
Thank you Rockstar for not being greedy and money hungry.

Well actually they are being greedy, cutting content for the special and collector's editions and having pre-order exclusives.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

I thought it was more fashionable to hate GTA & Rockstar.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Uh, thanks Rockstar.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

Thanks R* for using GTA to market Max Gayne. That was...really great! icon13.gif
Also, thanks for the horsesh*t time frames, such as: "few weeks or so" and "soon". I like it, I love it, I want some more of it! Thanks for acting like it was a hassle because so many people were wondering where the hell the next GTA was a few years ago. "we're not going to announce it, announce the announcvement of announcing it, announce about the announcement that announced the announcing". That was really great too, instead of just giving a straight answer. Thanks R*!
  • Zee likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

You know what i always thank R* with their GTA games and you know how i do it. I pay them money for their game.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:14)
Thanks R* for using GTA to market Max Gayne. That was...really great! icon13.gif
Also, thanks for the horsesh*t time frames, such as: "few weeks or so" and "soon". I like it, I love it, I want some more of it! Thanks for acting like it was a hassle because so many people were wondering where the hell the next GTA was a few years ago. "we're not going to announce it, announce the announcvement of announcing it, announce about the announcement that announced the announcing". That was really great too, instead of just giving a straight answer. Thanks R*!

((ENTITLED))

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Hodgey1989 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:16)
You know what i always thank R* with their GTA games and you know how i do it. I pay them money for their game.

I'm guessing you paid money for most of your games.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Echolex @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 10:18)

((ENTITLED))

I'm not ((ENTITLED)). I'm realistic and expect the truth. I don't expect to be jerked around, lied to, and forced into the hype of another game by-way of GTA.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:21)

((ENTITLED))

I'm not ((ENTITLED)). I'm realistic and expect the truth. I don't expect to be jerked around, lied to, and forced into the hype of another game by-way of GTA.

"jerked around, lied to, and forced into the hyp--"

I'm sorry,

wat?

GTA5iVe
  • GTA5iVe

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:21)

((ENTITLED))

suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:21)

((ENTITLED))

You're overthinking things. Rockstar isn't doing anything wrong.
You are entitled.

4thosebout2rock
  • 4thosebout2rock

• Members

Thank you Rockstar, for not being money hungry and greedy like other developers.

This couldn't be anymore wrong what company in the world isn't greedy for money?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 15:19)
QUOTE (Hodgey1989 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:16)

I'm guessing you paid money for most of your games.

Not just most of them but all of them.

NewDilemma
  • NewDilemma

King Guy

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

user posted image user posted image

Anonamix
  • Anonamix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (4thosebout2rock @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:29)

This couldn't be anymore wrong what company in the world isn't greedy for money?

If the greed outweighed the desire to produce quality product they would drop GTA 2X a year like assassins creed or COD..

The quality over quantity approach hints that they may be a little less greedy than other big companies.

AVLG
  • AVLG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

You said "We havnt played the game yet so we dont know if its the best game ever."

Then you said "Rockstar did "half-assed" like making the ghetto as big as Bohan when in real life the ghetto covers much more area than the rich areas."

You don't know.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

QUOTE (Anonamix @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:47)

If the greed outweighed the desire to produce quality product they would drop GTA 2X a year like assassins creed or COD..

The quality over quantity approach hints that they may be a little less greedy than other big companies.

Either that or they realize that quality is what matters to the consumer.

daikatana
  • daikatana

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

That's true but at least everything they produce is highly polished, quality work. They don't sh*t all over their consumers by rushing games out to release and including cut content and paid advertisements as DLC. EA is a piece of sh*t company and I'm sure they tried to buy out R* at some point but R* refused. Letting EA buy out your game studio is a form of corporate suicide.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

random fanatic

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Other developers release disc-locked content "DLC", release-day rip-offs, and other DLC bits and bobs at stupid prices, whereas Rockstar Games have given us full games without charing for online passes, real DLC like TLAD, TBOGT, epic mission packs for RDR like Undead Nightmare, and just a few minor items for RDR that had actual benefits in-game. A good example of greed is THQ, for what it was worth. So glad they went down the sh*tter.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (AVLG @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:49)

You said "We havnt played the game yet so we dont know if its the best game ever."

Then you said "Rockstar did "half-assed" like making the ghetto as big as Bohan when in real life the ghetto covers much more area than the rich areas."

You don't know.

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users