» «
Photo

Must admit , it is pretty exciting

24 replies to this topic
Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:45 PM Edited by Saintdestroyer, 08 August 2013 - 12:51 PM.

No body knows when the info will drop, it could drop in 10 minutes, it could drop in 10 days.

Unless Rockstar announces something with a countdown, we just don't know when it comes. All these people dropping the "today is the day" just amplifies the excitement. Sorry, but I won't jump on the bandwagon and rain hate on the guys who are doing this, because its not everyday we get this excited about just a preview of a game. This is a rare, rare occasion : )

6.3 AMG
  • 6.3 AMG

V8 Fetishist

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

In fact, we should all be happy we are in this phase of life right now. In a score we will say "what a beautiful time it was back then, when we all waited for GTA V news to drop".

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (6.3 AMG @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 12:48)
In fact, we should all be happy we are in this phase of life right now. In a score we will say "what a beautiful time it was back then, when we all waited for GTA V news to drop".

We should be happy that GTA V is even coming and we even know when.
And it's not so far anymore. I'm not anymore excited about GTAO... I only want that god damn game sarcasm.gif

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

At least we can look back after all this and say we were part of the whole countdown to V, we were there during the final stages. This is the first time I have anxiously waited for a game. I remember back in 2008 leading up to IV release just hearing a few snippets of info then when it was released I didn't even know that it had. All this because in 2008 I had one of those jobs where I was so busy I didn't have time for anything, but the job I have now allows me much more leisure time.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

It's not exciting, it's sh*tty. dontgetit.gif It feels like official marketing has yet to start yet we're already a month from release. confused.gif That's the stupidest marketing I've ever witnessed waiting for a game. It's like piss poor planning like when a city builds crappy looking roads that aren't efficient.

voltaire
  • voltaire

Altruist

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

I want to get excited and obviously I am but when I think of the building anticipation for this game I can't help but think of how ridiculously excited I was for GTAIV and how that excitement got stomped into the ground after finishing GTAIV.

I hope Rockstar have learned their lesson and after playing through truly 10/10 masterpieces like RDR and Max Payne 3 (and even LA Noire) it's clear that they have and that the hype and excitement is warranted.

5 WEEKS REMAINING!

voltaire
  • voltaire

Altruist

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 13:41)
It's not exciting, it's sh*tty. dontgetit.gif It feels like official marketing has yet to start yet we're already a month from release. confused.gif That's the stupidest marketing I've ever witnessed waiting for a game. It's like piss poor planning like when a city builds crappy looking roads that aren't efficient.

I agree completely, their idea of "marketing" boggles the mind but even if they do nothing between now and 17 Sept that doesn't change the fact that GTAV is on the horizon, we can see it coming closer every day...that is undeniably exciting. biggrin.gif

Hey and maybe they'll do some marketing at those "events" they have "dotted throughout spring and summer". lol.gif

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

and after 3 years and V has been rinsed. we'll be all wondering "look at all that time we spent on gtaforums. what a waste"

CallCenterZombie
  • CallCenterZombie

Sour Tooth

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (kb2084 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 08:53)
and after 3 years and V has been rinsed. we'll be all wondering "look at all that time we spent on gtaforums. what a waste"

You obviously spend all your time in the V section. You know there are other parts of the forums that are very enjoyable and not jaded. I suggest you broaden your horizons with regards to this site. Just a suggestion. bored.gif

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:41)

Awww do you want a tissue?
Wipe your tears baby. The marketing started with the painting of those murals.
Even Gamestop is givng bags with the box art printed on them.

CallCenterZombie
  • CallCenterZombie

Sour Tooth

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (Distrom @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:02)

Great point. The gamestop bags are huge. They get so much traffic it's ridiculous. GTA V is getting a lot of exposure just off that alone. icon14.gif

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (CallCenterZombie @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 10:07)

Great point. The gamestop bags are huge. They get so much traffic it's ridiculous. GTA V is getting a lot of exposure just off that alone. icon14.gif

Also, the Hotel Figueroa murals will get a lot of people's attention, The next 39 days will be packed of marketing from R*.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

Are you retarded? "Rockstar needs to release something new so that then I can be excited!" That's your logic and your mindset. This is the best marketing I've ever witnessed. "Hey guys, here's GTA V, we don't want to show too much, but it's going to be mindblowing, trust us!" What else do you need? We've already got several videos, 160 screenshots and a sh*tload of previews. If these can't satisfy you until the release, nothing new they release can. I reckon we already have too much. So just enjoy the wait and the excitement, like OP said.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

Know what you're talking about first before you start running your mouth. How much about marketing do you know?

Mr Makaveli
  • Mr Makaveli

Expect me nigga, I'm Comin'

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Honestly, I won't be looking back saying "aaahh I miss waiting for new gta news/screenshots".. Once I get the game, it's f*ck yall and yall mothers.. I'm out this bitch colgate.gif

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:18)

Know what you're talking about first before you start running your mouth. How much about marketing do you know?

You again? lol.gif Like I give a damn what you have to say.
Are you retarded? "Rockstar needs to release something new so that then I can be excited!" That's your logic and your mindset. This is the best marketing I've ever witnessed. "Hey guys, here's GTA V, we don't want to show too much, but it's going to be mindblowing, trust us!" What else do you need? We've already got several videos, 160 screenshots and a sh*tload of previews. If these can't satisfy you until the release, nothing new they release can. I reckon we already have too much. So just enjoy the wait and the excitement, like OP said.

No I'm not retarded thank you very much! biggrin.gif I'm not saying Rockstar needs to release info to get me exciting. I'm just pinpointing how piss poor it was and how I've never experienced marketing so sloppy in my life. You pathetic Rockstar dick-riders make me understand why everyone bashes this section of the forums. You can't have an opinion. It's like talking to 13 year olds, hell maybe I am! lol.gif

Anthonymrb
  • Anthonymrb

Collectors Edition

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:39)
QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:18)

You again? lol.gif Like I give a damn what you have to say.

No I'm not retarded thank you very much! biggrin.gif I'm not saying Rockstar needs to release info to get me exciting. I'm just pinpointing how piss poor it was and how I've never experienced marketing so sloppy in my life. You pathetic Rockstar dick-riders make me understand why everyone bashes this section of the forums. You can't have an opinion. It's like talking to 13 year olds, hell maybe I am! lol.gif

If you don't like their marketing approach, boycott the game. It will allow another person to get your copy smile.gif

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Anthonymrb @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:44)
If you don't like their marketing approach, boycott the game. It will allow another person to get your copy smile.gif

Did I say I didn't want the game?

Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:46)
QUOTE (Anthonymrb @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:44)

Did I say I didn't want the game?

Every gamer wants this game : P

Valwin
  • Valwin

Old account: renourish

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

The fact that the game releases in just a little bit more than 1 month makes me excited as hell. smile.gif

Valwin
  • Valwin

Old account: renourish

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (CallCenterZombie @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:07)

For the people who haven't seen the bags yet:

user posted image

CallCenterZombie
  • CallCenterZombie

Sour Tooth

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Kudos, Valwin. I haven'ts seen them yet. Just think of how many casual GTA gamer's out there that had no clue of a new GTA. There are more people like that than you think. icon14.gif

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:39)

Ahh, answering rhetorical questions... Never gets old, lol. Just kidding.

How was it piss poor? Sure, it was a bit weird, but when you look at the big picture, we've got almost too much information and now we're getting all these murals and paintings too.

And I'm going to take your approach here and just say: Did I say that you can't have an opinion? And I'm not even that active in the V section.

I'm not "riding" anyone's dick, I just like how Rockstar has a bit of a different, secretive, fun and "unofficial" approach to their games and their pre-release strategies. Something I don't see why anyone would dislike since we end up with a lot of information about the game anyway. Jesus, can't I have an opinion on here?

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

How can marketing be sloppy when there's barely any marketing going on? mercie_blink.gif

Rockstar still has over five weeks before the game's release, there's no point in starting too early, they already made that mistake with the first trailer. They can start really going to town with it two weeks before release if they want and still pull off record breaking sales. I'd guess it'll probably start when there's four weeks to go and then ramp up when September hits. However being GTA they don't need to go put out a 100M dollar marketing blitz... All they're doing by giving out little snippets of info at a time is keeping it in the minds of the less hardcore player while keeping those who are "hardcore" ready to jump on any little bit of info that gets put out like a starving dog getting some kibble.

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

GTA V's production:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users