» «
Photo

Subways in GTA V...

19 replies to this topic
LeezyboiGTAV
  • LeezyboiGTAV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:07 AM Edited by LeezyboiGTAV, 08 August 2013 - 07:20 AM.

Watching Franklin's Trailer (2:04) I noticed what looked to be the entrance/exit for the Subway and a Ticket vending machine relative to those for the Los Angeles Metro System.

Here's the trailer image:

user posted image

user posted image

And here's some pics of the LA Metro..

Stations exit/entrance:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Ticket Vending Machine:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The fact that there may be some sort of subway/railway system other than the videos and images of the freight train is not 100% confirmed, I just thought the images were pretty similar. GTA San Amdreas had one subway station on the rail line in Los Santos, I think it would be awesome if they brought this back as a mode of transportation!!! colgate.gif

user posted image

user posted image

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

You are so damn late with this one,...sorry bro.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

I wouldn't be surprised. GTA allowed us to use public transport since GTA III or maybe GTA 2 (I can't remember if you were able to board the trains in that game). It's not something that I could see R* just scrapping all of a sudden.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:21 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 08 August 2013 - 08:51 AM.

QUOTE (LeezyboiGTAV @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 07:07)
Watching Franklin's Trailer (2:04)  I noticed what looked to be the entrance/exit for the Subway and a Ticket vending machine relative to those for the Los Angeles Metro System.

The fact that there may be some sort of subway/railway system other than the videos and images of the freight train is not 100% confirmed, I just thought the images were pretty similar. GTA San Amdreas had one subway station on the rail line in Los Santos, I think it would be awesome if they brought this back as a mode of transportation!!!  colgate.gif

Others may have seen it but I hadn't noticed, so thanks for the heads up and for the effort. icon14.gif

Kevstyle
  • Kevstyle

True City Killers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

Did not notice it, Hopefully it will be usable.

LeezyboiGTAV
  • LeezyboiGTAV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

No problem guys..kool discovery I figured I'd pass along..I too hope this is useable for it would be a great asset to the game! colgate.gif

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (LeezyboiGTAV @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 08:50)
No problem guys..kool discovery I figured I'd pass along..I too hope this is useable for it would be a great asset to the game! colgate.gif

No probs, keep up the good work and welcome to the forum. icon14.gif

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

user posted image

Is it me or does the structure looks CGI? I know it's off-topic. Sorry.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

It could be yes.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

Yea I hadnt seen it either but was pretty sure they'd have it. The question is, will we be able to operate it?!
Will we be able to operate train(s) I remember seeing the one on tracks in the mountainous terrain.

All the parts associated w/ that subway entrance look artificial from the handrails down to the anti-slip pad in front. If the pad were real, the workers didnt do a good job on symmetry and placement for this application.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Karoi @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 04:25)
user posted image

It is indeed a 3D rendering, not an actual photograph. It is also not in LA, it's a rendering for a subway entrance in Brussels. I notice a couple others aren't even the LA Metro, either.

user posted image
And this one's in Spain (I figured the background buildings didn't look like Los Angeles at all, it looks European), also a rendering.

user posted image
And this is a rendering of a CTA subway entrance in Chicago (I thought I recognized my home city in the background, the L train tracks looked familiar).

Nice job otherwise. Personally, I'm hoping we're actually able to operate trains again, I'd love to go full speed and derail it like in "Speed"

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

I think the way the subway stations work could do with improvement. In the older GTA games, you got on board and stayed on until it finally reaches your station. It was quite useless.

Hopefully in V, you go to the ticket station and a little menu comes up with a map of all the train stops. You pick one, pay, and then wait at the platform. Then when your train arrives, you get on and then you're fast travelled to the stop you selected. I can see myself using that system a lot more than the trains in IV.

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

I think there will be a Subway in Los Santos, but nowhere near the extent of Liberty City's. Might just be one or two underground stations and the rest is ground-level train tracks.

LeezyboiGTAV
  • LeezyboiGTAV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

Some very good points here..A few more weeks and all of our hopes and wishes will be answered! As far as them being drivable..I'm all in for this!!!!! biggrin.gif

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Claude94 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 13:15)
QUOTE (Karoi @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 04:25)
user posted image

It is indeed a 3D rendering, not an actual photograph. It is also not in LA, it's a rendering for a subway entrance in Brussels. I notice a couple others aren't even the LA Metro, either.

user posted image
And this one's in Spain (I figured the background buildings didn't look like Los Angeles at all, it looks European), also a rendering.

user posted image
And this is a rendering of a CTA subway entrance in Chicago (I thought I recognized my home city in the background, the L train tracks looked familiar).

Nice job otherwise. Personally, I'm hoping we're actually able to operate trains again, I'd love to go full speed and derail it like in "Speed"

Off topic: where is that black mage in your sig from? I can't seem to find it in a Final Fantasy game.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (StewartWilson1992 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 13:43)
I think there will be a Subway in Los Santos, but nowhere near the extent of Liberty City's. Might just be one or two underground stations and the rest is ground-level train tracks.

Aleast 16 L.A subway Stations are underground especially Downtown L.A Area up to North Hollywood

Then there Light Rail most of it evaluated and some under ground

Then there commuter rail at Union Station

user posted image

ECDT1089
  • ECDT1089

TheGamer

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

It's a subway station. 100% sure of it. The TVM is a dead giveaway. icon14.gif

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'll be extremely bummed if the LA Metro hasn't been incorporated into GTA V to at least the same degree that the NYC subway system was in IV. I haven't been on the LA Metro in over 8 years, because that's the last time my car was impounded. But I used to dig riding it once in a while and am looking forward to riding it again, virtually! happy.gif

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Sure the subway will be in. Although the subway is not that developed in whole LA it covers Downtown and more the whole Northern part of the it. The only question is if they are drivable.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Sometime like this we see in GTA5

user posted image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users