No DLC for GTA V.

90 replies to this topic
SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

Actually OP, the article stated that their likely will be car packs, weapon packs and that kinda stuff instead of episodes.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

The question should be.. Do I believe this..

The answer is. No, I don't.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

Well I understand not having a DLC of the same size GTA4 had, but cmon, I will be sad if there would be no DLC at all. I would love to see a vehicle pack or two. Something like import tuner pack that includes a GTA style version of 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Lancer evo 9, Lancer evo 10, Toyota Supra, Mazda RX7 and all the other famouse import tuners starting from 1990. Maybe also a gun DLC would be cool. Though we will have to wait and see. R* always goes for that perfection so whatever they do I know that it will be a top quality product biggrin.gif

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (DarthMaster @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 04:41)
Are you disappointed that Dan Houser confirmed that GTA V will not be getting any episodic content like GTA IV got? We won't be seeing any vehicle packs, weapon packs, more cities such as San Fierro and Las Venturas, and I think worst of all.. no zombies!

Source: http://www.insiderme...lc-latest-news/

You really should read the article yourself.
Dan Houser has stated that there will be no episodic DLC like we saw in GTA IV, so that means one thing.. car packs, mission packs and other small DLCs.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

episodic content <> vehicle packs / weapon packs / additional add-ons.... Hell, even Cheats and Zombies can be DLC these days...

episodic content = new reasonably lengthy story, almost a new game on the same engine with modifications (EG. TLAD and BOGT)

R* would be silly not to release DLC as it generates a decent income for little work.

Paultoid
  • Paultoid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (PHOENIXZERO @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 04:53)
Never heard of this site and they're recycling ancient news what Houser was talking about was DLC like the episodes, that's it. The episodes were so expensive that Rockstar lost money (well, money that was loaned to Take-Two by Microsoft) on them when they were released on the XB360 and they probably didn't make much if anything off them when they arrived on the PS3. He talked about smaller DLC but that didn't mean cars packs and little nickle and dime crap. He meant DLC that they wouldn't have to invest a lot of money into like they had for TLAD and TBoGT.

I still think DLC will be similar to the route taken with RDR and there'll be some free DLC, a few multi-player additions and at least one single player story DLC similar in size/length to Undead Nightmare which was cheaper and easier to produce than GTA IV's episodes and did extremely well. Hopefully it won't involve zombies...

I read that Microsoft paid between 50 and 75 million just for exclusivity rights...That would cover development at least. Then comes sales and eventual sales on both systems when the exclusivity period ran out. I see it as pretty unlikely they didn't make money on it, I would say losing money on the episodes project was next to impossible.

That's not to say that they may not favour the strategy or that it may not be the most productive for them in terms of maximising profits. I just seriously doubt they lost money.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (Paultoid @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 07:00)
QUOTE (PHOENIXZERO @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 04:53)
Never heard of this site and they're recycling ancient news what Houser was talking about was DLC like the episodes, that's it. The episodes were so expensive that Rockstar lost money (well, money that was loaned to Take-Two by Microsoft) on them when they were released on the XB360 and they probably didn't make much if anything off them when they arrived on the PS3. He talked about smaller DLC but that didn't mean cars packs and little nickle and dime crap. He meant DLC that they wouldn't have to invest a lot of money into like they had for TLAD and TBoGT.

I still think DLC will be similar to the route taken with RDR and there'll be some free DLC, a few multi-player additions and at least one single player story DLC similar in size/length to Undead Nightmare which was cheaper and easier to produce than GTA IV's episodes and did extremely well. Hopefully it won't involve zombies...

I read that Microsoft paid between 50 and 75 million just for exclusivity rights...That would cover development at least. Then comes sales and eventual sales on both systems when the exclusivity period ran out. I see it as pretty unlikely they didn't make money on it, I would say losing money on the episodes project was next to impossible.

That's not to say that they may not favour the strategy or that it may not be the most productive for them in terms of maximising profits. I just seriously doubt they lost money.

They didn't lose any money. They just didn't get what they expected. They see how COD makes all their money from MP maps. So they're deciding to take the cheap route and going with MP and small add ons for Single Player.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

DLC is the biggest joke to the gaming industry. I hope they don't make any DLC for GTA V, it would be sad to see such a great game fall down to the 'typical video games' area. It's bad enough that they're cutting content and making you pay more to get it back...

icebreaker202
  • icebreaker202

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

Maybe the DLC will be Hot Coffee. colgate.gif

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Are you disappointed that Dan Houser confirmed that GTA V will not be getting any episodic content like GTA IV got? We won't be seeing any vehicle packs, weapon packs, more cities such as San Fierro and Las Venturas, and I think worst of all.. no zombies!

dozingoff.gif
It says we won't get Episodic DLC, which means we will get car packs, weapons packs, and that kind of sh*t. I'm guessing Red Dead Redemption style DLC.

Matv103
  • Matv103

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

They also said that they wernt gonna make any star wars movies either....but when a good idea comes up and more $$$$$ can be made, bet your ass theyll be making it. its all about the benjamins. thats life

Niko lad
  • Niko lad

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

That link says there will be vehicle and weapon packs and smaller mission packs

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

I hope that we get more heist missions as DLC, and also more missions for each of the protagonists.

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Wet n Ready

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

no dlc? just look that the special editions of preorders with all that extra content. they will be the first dlc's released in the near future.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

This is old, Dan said this literally over 2 years ago and people still made threads about Zombies and episodic content.

I could careless anyway, Zombie dlc's are overrated

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (DarthMaster @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 06:41)

At this time it's a "No" but when the demand will rise and Rockstar Games is aware of this and sees $-signs then I bet DLC will be announced.

aqwaqwaq8
  • aqwaqwaq8

What the f*ck Am I Suppose To Write Here?

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

i think you don't get the point:they won't release a big DLC like the ballad of gay tony but they will release smaller one's like car packs,bonus missions etc...

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

IDIOTS! He just said that there will be no EPISODIC DLCs like EFLC, w/c means we won't get to be in ANOTHER PERSON'S STORY OR PERSPECTIVE.

There will still be minor DLCs like weapon packs, though.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Weapon packs or not. I dislike it anyway.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 04:46)
Yes they did say no episodic DLC on the scale of TLAD and TBOGT, but there is every chance of vehicle and weapon packs.

And that's supposed to be a good thing? Rockstar are very far from the likes of Activision & EA, but ever so slowly, they are turning to the dark side. The piecemeal dlc for MP3 was the first time I was truly disappointed with Rockstar.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

Yep, the game is going to be filled with lots and lots of nickle and dime weapon packs and vehicle packs and "customisation options for the dlc vehicle you just bought" dlc packs. That's GTA ruined, I guess. Sure they're talented at making games but they've just chucked a lot of the excitement of a GTA release out of the window. In San Andreas days you never heard "oh have you got the jetpack DLC" or the "minigun DLC" or any of that rubbish. Everyone had the same game. And that made a LOT of money. R* making DLC for GTA is just greedy, they already get millions of pounds from the game alone.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:42)
Yep, the game is going to be filled with lots and lots of nickle and dime weapon packs and vehicle packs and "customisation options for the dlc vehicle you just bought" dlc packs. That's GTA ruined, I guess. Sure they're talented at making games but they've just chucked a lot of the excitement of a GTA release out of the window. In San Andreas days you never heard "oh have you got the jetpack DLC" or the "minigun DLC" or any of that rubbish. Everyone had the same game. And that made a LOT of money. R* making DLC for GTA is just greedy, they already get millions of pounds from the game alone.

Where there can be money to be made. There is R*

V_GTA_V
  • V_GTA_V

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

Maybe the delay (almost a year) make no sense for episodic DLC's. The new generation is on the way. But hope that means 2 things: 1. GTA V get more mission, and content while R* fixing the bugs. 2. Or they working hard new generations titles like Bully, or Midnight.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:44)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:42)

Where there can be money to be made. There is every business that has ever existed.

There, fixed that for you.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

If there are microtransactions I won't get R*s next game and I will just quit gaming.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 10:01)
If there are microtransactions I won't get R*s next game and I will just quit gaming.

I get where you're coming from but that's an empty threat if ever I heard one.

I can't wait for COD to charge by the bullet. It will happen, when their moronic customers finally wise up & Activision's stocks tank.

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

The article is very skewed, and misread the interview. There will be DLC for GTA V, not along the lines of episodic, but they said they will release DLC. Also, just because the article says that they're going to release milk-DLC doesn't mean that they're going to. OP, who or what referred you to this sh*tty website, instead of the accurate interview?

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

I paid for premium (another 40) on BF3 and have thought it well valued.

I would do the same for this game as I know the time investment will be massive

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (SuperDuperGta @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 05:17)

BF3 premium is a good example of DLC that rips you off. All that content could have been in the original game.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Reshe @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 10:21)
QUOTE (SuperDuperGta @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 05:17)

BF3 premium is a good example of DLC that rips you off. All that content could have been in the original game.

All that content wasn't yet developed. I've put in way more hours into it then I have playing AC3 which also cost 40. I do think DLC is a bitch.

It seems to be a way to keep the game fresh and not at the bottom of the pile till the next one is released. If we want the DLC to be already incorporated we would need another delay. It's likely the DLC hasn't even begun development yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users