Photo

GTA IV Really Laggy and Stuttery?

5 replies to this topic
RedPill
  • RedPill

Wannabe Zaibatsu

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

Hello there, I would like to enlist help from you forum-goers to help me get my GTA 4 up to par, so I will give you a description about how my game runs, and my PC.

Specs:
GFX: 2 GB GTX 550 Ti
CPU: Quad Core AMD Athlon II
RAM: 8 GB 1066 mhz.
HDD: Capacity: 363.7 GB Free: 77.5 GB

Those are the specs of my PC, now lets get into GTA 4, I have a Steam copy of the game, and I run it at low settings I get 30 FPS, if I have it set to medium settings I get 20 FPS, and if its on High-Very High it gets around 5-10 FPS. I remember having a store bought copy that installed from disc, and it ran way better on much higher settings. I have tried different commandlines, and I have one set that gives me 1993 MB of my GPU, and if I use up anything past 390 MB, it lags like crazy, so, that is all I have to say so far, please respond back about it, and yes I do realize IV is a very sh*tty port, but with my specs I should be able to get at least 35-40 FPS.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:57 AM

lets cut to the chase. run a benchmark and cut, paste, post the text file. i think either you have modded the game or have a hardware issue... lately in this section of the forum, we have had a lot of idiots posting like they are having problems with gta IV, but really are having a problem CAUSED BY SOME GTA IV MODIFICATION THEY HAVE INSTALLED.

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

your computer is honestly very low spec.... be happy it runs at all. you need a better cpu and gpu to play this game properly

RedPill
  • RedPill

Wannabe Zaibatsu

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

Alright, i'll post the benchmark, but I honestly don't think Simple Native Trainer could possible lag the game, even if I barely use it :\
(I do not get anywhere near the FPS then the benchmark shows, which is why I benched it in Fraps, and put its FPS in the first post)

Statistics
Average FPS: 36.36
Duration: 37.18 sec
CPU Usage: 96%
System memory usage: 48%
Video memory usage: 20%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1440 x 900 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Low
Shadow Quality: Medium
Reflection Resolution: Medium
Water Quality: High
Texture Filter Quality: Tri-Linear
Night Shadows: Medium
View Distance: 15
Detail Distance: 50

Hardware
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Video Driver version: 320.49
Audio Adapter: Speakers (VIA High Definition Audio)
AMD Athlon™ II X4 640 Processor

File ID: Benchmark.cli

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

Try turning the night shadows off completely. It is a massive resource hog, even high end PCs can struggle with this turned on.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

i agree, night shadows OFF, and turn vehicle slider down to 1. and original poster, we don't fool with trying to run machines' configurations with modded games in this forum, try the yellow text at the top for more assistance. i knew your game was modified...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users