Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you obey traffic laws?

53 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you obey traffic laws? (173 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you obey traffic laws?

1. Yes (19 votes [10.98%])

Percentage of vote: 10.98%

2. No (39 votes [22.54%])

Percentage of vote: 22.54%

3. Sometimes (115 votes [66.47%])

Percentage of vote: 66.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote
StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Most of the time when I drive in IV I drive civilized but at a pace a little faster than the AI. I often find myself flooring it a bit when there is open space in front of me and I cut people off orderly but still a little rude. Even though I do drive at a slightly faster pace I do follow the rule. I stop at lights (OCD) unless I am in a rush and I switch lanes like one would in real life. I never drive on the wrong side of the road nor do I ram into people 24/7. 90% of my car accidents are caused by the sh*tty AI.

Raspy
  • Raspy

Driver

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

i skip 79.3% red lights unless i'm on my phone at the same time

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

It depends on my car. If I'm in something luxurious like a Cognoscenti, I drive slow and stop at lights. As for faster cars, I make the most of their capabilities

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

#1 Metalhead

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

Depending on the vehicle I ride and the traffic situation. I tend to drive slower like the AI whenever I'm in a luxurious sedan like Oracle, Cognoscenti, Presidente, PMP600, etc. If I'm driving sports car like Sultan RS, Infernus, Turismo I tend to make reckless driving in the hopes that I don't get hit by AI traffic.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:42 PM Edited by kvic, 03 November 2013 - 05:42 PM.

if i did I would never get any where.

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

No but in GTA I do.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

I drive like AI most of the time but when I have open space in front of me I like to floor it, no matter what car I'm in. It's interesting to prowl around town all slow and then floor it and see what a car can do. It's funner to do this in IV than it is V because, I don't know. Cars had more personality in IV.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

Sometimes. I will follow traffic laws when I do a playthrough of LCPD:FR, every other time I am a speed demon. :devil:

• FANTOMTRON likes this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

It's hard to obey traffic law, because when the lights change on the traffic lights and you stop, the people behind you start ramming you because they want to be in your space. Assholes!

• Sonny R, FANTOMTRON and Black & White like this

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

I voted sometimes :D.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

It's hard to obey traffic law, because when the lights change on the traffic lights and you stop, the people behind you start ramming you because they want to be in your space. Assholes!

Just like the real New York City
  • MrPeteyMax likes this

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

That is why you slowly inch up each 3 seconds on the car in front of you. The traffics think you're parked when you sit in traffic so they try to move around you. If you slowly move every few seconds, the traffic will stay behind you.

OT: Playing IV now and it feels more relaxing, surprisingly, to cruise following the laws than it was in V. No random scripted cop chases every ten god damned minutes, no dumb ai that don't see you coming or don't know what a blinker is; none of that bullsh*t, so that to me makes following the rules in IV feel much better.

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

AoD

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

When I first got GTA V (17th September) I was driving like a f*cking old granny (going the same speed as the cars and stopping at traffic lights.)

However the Traffic Lights take forever to change.

• StingrayX likes this

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

When I first got GTA V (17th September) I was driving like a f*cking old granny (going the same speed as the cars and stopping at traffic lights.)
However the Traffic Lights take forever to change.

Yeah that ate up too much of my time. I got bored of obeying laws because of that.
  • RedBull FM likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

Yup, sometimes I like to feel the city closer smile.gif

However the traffic lights are retarded...

HA. Comparing the Liberty City lights to the Los Santos lights, I prefer the LC lights. I'm glad Rockstar fixed that cars-randomly-going-infront-problem or else it would be nothing but mayhem throughout several minutes.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

I though I voted on this! :wtf:

anyways everything but the city traffic light. :p

especially with those annoying toll booths :sui:

jdbug28
  • jdbug28

RP - Simmer

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

the traffic seems to drive at a more normal speed in V, especially on the freeway

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:00 PM Edited by Black & White, 15 December 2013 - 09:00 PM.

Once the red light is shown, don't stop exactly at the white line. Stop a little bit before it and once you notice people are behind you then slowly accelerate.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

No. I never stop at traffic lights or stop signs, and I'll often drive in between the lanes to get from point A to point B faster.

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

No I don't. I used to drive as fast as i could without crashing the car.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

Now and then I'll give it a shot, stopping at red lights/stop signs, checking traffic before pulling out, etc. - but after a few minutes, I can't take it anymore! I'm not one to rush through games, but for me that just slows things down way too much.

I hate being behind someone at a toll gate. They pay, the gate goes up, and they just SIT THERE! So I'm mashing my horn, yelling "Move, you ******* *****!" :)

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

i do and i use indicators too , even when i'm on mission i stop when the light is red

Sonny R
  • Sonny R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

It would be great to fix that by making a script (or editing the main.scm?)

Maybe someone knows how to? :rol:

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:22 AM

Usually when i get bored. Sometimes when i have more patience, i tend to drive like a normal citizen for fun. That usually doesn't lasts long...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users