Photo

Swiming and Drowning NPC's

7 replies to this topic
OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by lil weasel, 07 August 2013 - 10:24 AM.

EDIT: << Removed from BETA Topic >>

During gang wars, enemies can spawn under water and survive forever without air. But if they spawn on land and you lure them into a pool of water, they will drown.

This maybe everybody knows: GSF members can swim after CJ have recruited them and only as long as they are under CJ's command. They will lose the ability to swim after CJ disbands the group.

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 23:18)
During gang wars, enemies can spawn under water and survive forever without air. But if they spawn on land and you lure them into a pool of water, they will drown.

This maybe everybody knows: GSF members can swim after CJ have recruited them and only as long as they are under CJ's command. They will lose the ability to swim after CJ disbands the group.

i believe we do all know the last part, but personally I don't think that's BETA stuff

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by OG Viking, 08 August 2013 - 04:40 AM.

Yes everyone who's spent enough time in the game knows that last part, and it wasn't my main point.

I apologize for posting this in BETA San Andreas FINDS when it should not be there. I thought I did right. I didn't know, and I still don't know what belongs to that topic. I'm confused.

lil weasel (or another staff), I think here is a typo in the topic title of this thread. "Drawning". Fix please and thank you.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

Beta findings are stuff that was left behind in the game from the original beta version of the game. Some stuff just was not used but still remains in the game like the FBI truck (not Swat tank or FBI Ranger) or other stuff that was actually left in the scripts like some leftovers from missions and other stuff.
He he he it would actually be a nice challenge to kill pass the gang wars not shooting any gang members

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for explaining the BETA topic.

It's fun to lure gangs into water, but few turfs have water nearby. They can run all over the island before they engage CJ, but CJ can't run very far outside the turf without ending the war, so only a few places allows this.
But I lure cops in water all the time. It's weird how little water NPCs can survive, I wonder if the programmers did it on purpose.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

In normal game-play, the two Santa Maria beach territories are the only areas that spawn gangs underwater; in abnormal game-play, the Sherman Dam, Fallow bridge, Martin bridge, and Whetstone bridge frequently result in gangs spawning underwater. In my opinion, it's quite bothersome. What really sparks irritation (for me) is when riding a boat during gangs wars, Grove members on your boat will not shoot down at underwater attackers.

The drowning animation that Ryder makes if you snipe him is quite entertaining. If you climb on an NPCs boat, they'll run, fall overboard and drown. When they drown, you'll see the animation I speak of. If you shoot them pushing them off the boat into the water, they'll lay on their stomach or back as they would on ground.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 20:28)
Yes everyone who's spent enough time in the game knows that last part, and it wasn't my main point.

I had no idea, and I've completed the game several times.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

@chapapote: Cheers. It's good to know that the info was not a waste of space.

Yesterday I found out that recruited gang members can not only swim, they can stand upside down under water. I had recruited three members and we drove a Squalo. I managed to flip the boat so it laid upside down in the water. Two guys got off the boat, but the third guy was still standing on the boat like nothing had happened. Under water with his head down. lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users