More mods from different time zones

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic
AerialRocket
  • AerialRocket

The one they fear

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hi all, I was woundering if we could get some mods from other time zones as it seems the mod activity goes low when America and uk go to sleep the GTA V section gets filled with trolls. maybe some people from Asia or Down under.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

There have been added 4 more global moderators a month ago. For the GTA V forum exclusive, there is Miamivicecity who's from Australia, there's Ryan, K^2 & Vanzant who are from America and Kirsty & Knife who are from Europe. There's also Girish who's from India who also takes care often of GTA V reports. There are a whole bunch of moderators, so I can't see more being added. There's small chances that there will be more than an hour when not a single moderator isn't online, just have some patience. Report the post / member you've got a problem with and it'll be dealt with as soon as possible.

Not to mention there are so many other moderators and also administrators besides the one I mentioned who also stay online up to late hours or get online early in the morning. There will almost always be someone available.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Having some more on GTA Garage would be nice things have slowed over there again, it seems that STM, Pat and Dutchy are the only people who are taking care of that whole site now and a whole bunch of staff have been removed.
http://www.gtagarage.../moderators.php

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 19:54)
There have been added 4 more global moderators a month ago. For the GTA V forum exclusive, there is Miamivicecity who's from Australia, there's Ryan, K^2 & Vanzant who are from America and Kirsty & Knife who are from Europe. There's also Girish who's from India who also takes care often of GTA V reports. There are a whole bunch of moderators, so I can't see more being added. There's small chances that there will be more than an hour when not a single moderator isn't online, just have some patience. Report the post / member you've got a problem with and it'll be dealt with as soon as possible.

Not to mention there are so many other moderators and also administrators besides the one I mentioned who also stay online up to late hours or get online early in the morning. There will almost always be someone available.

This. Please remember we have commitments outside of the forums also. The timezones covered are more than adequate, but there'll always be holes left no matter how many of us there are.

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 11:48)

This. Please remember we have commitments outside of the forums also. The timezones covered are more than adequate, but there'll always be holes left no matter how many of us there are.

Then whoever appointed these "mods" did a very bad job.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (RonDutch @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 14:47)

For someone who's been on this forum for less than a month you sure are presumptuous.

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 20:52)
QUOTE (RonDutch @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 14:47)

For someone who's been on this forum for less than a month you sure are presumptuous.

Not really, I've been around this place for atleast 2 years. just never made a account until a while ago, And someone's join date is irrelevant. i've only made a simple ascertain.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'm sorry we're not online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and that we need to sleep, eat, attend school and our jobs. sarcasm.gif

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 21:04)
I'm sorry we're not online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and that we need to sleep, eat, attend school and our jobs.  sarcasm.gif

Bit of a easy excuse, All i'm trying to say is that it can be better

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• England

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'm sorry, but this isn't the place to be attacking staff. You are using a free service and staff are brought on voluntarily to contribute to this community. I don't think someone who has an account for less than 1 month has the right to suggest bad decisions were made. For a forum this large, you should be surprised at the amount of cleaning up we do behind the scenes with the active team we have.

When we need more staff, more staff will be added, I think the recent promotions are an example of that. There are always going to be holes in activity leading to reports being left because believe it or not we do have real life commitments and it isn't possible to have a team covering every possible timezone; but reports are never left for very long and are dealt with promptly as soon as someone is available.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

I completely agree with the point made above by Kirsty. This forum has some brilliant staff members that are all very dedicated to the work they have to do. They don't get paid, they don't do this as a real life job and so all work is voluntary, that sentence alone proves to me how dedicated the staff are.

You cannot expect them to sit at a webpage all day, every day because they too have a life, jobs and many other commitments that can just come up unexpected thus diverting such staff away from the forums, to support their real life, leaving gaps where their original forum schedule would be, if there was such schedule in the first place.

A few little topics won't harm anything, simply don't read them, just report and move on, this way when a staff member comes online they can see to the issue immediately.

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by RonDutch, 07 August 2013 - 10:04 PM.

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 21:34)
I'm sorry, but this isn't the place to be attacking staff. You are using a free service and staff are brought on voluntarily to contribute to this community. I don't think someone who has an account for less than 1 month has the right to suggest bad decisions were made. For a forum this large, you should be surprised at the amount of cleaning up we do behind the scenes with the active team we have.

When we need more staff, more staff will be added, I think the recent promotions are an example of that. There are always going to be holes in activity leading to reports being left because believe it or not we do have real life commitments and it isn't possible to have a team covering every possible timezone; but reports are never left for very long and are dealt with promptly as soon as someone is available.

With respect i was merely voicing an opinion many others here share.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:23 PM Edited by Audiophile, 07 August 2013 - 11:32 PM.

I really do think that we could do with more led-by's over in the V section.

The current mods we have are doing a great job but it's clearly not enough and it's going to get even worse as release gets near/after the game releases. After the game releases especially, I think. There will be an influx of troll and spoiler topics.

I have a case of insomnia so I am usually up late and when I browse the V section at around 4-5 a.m. EST and onwards it's a mess. Trolls everywhere. A few nights ago we had an influx of screamer topics. If it's not that then it's stupid threads that are really posted just to cause spam or troll.

Whenever news comes out for V there are usually numerous duplicate topics on the very same page of people posting it. Mods not only have to keep an eye on the hot topic itself but then they have to deal with all the duplicate threads in addition to the usual troll threads that seem to crop up when there are many people online because of news.

There's a lot of spam posts that have nothing in the post except for just a gif or a meme.

Once again, I think the current mods and led-by's are doing the best job that they possibly can but they cannot be there 24/7 and sometimes there is just too much to deal with. It will only get worse as V's release draws near and it will continue probably at least a month after it comes out.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

I would like to second the idea that the V section could more led-by's. I've seen plenty of trolls the last few days around 5AM my time pretty much scaring off members and those same trolls come the next day with new accounts (but identical usernames) and continue with no mod around (But I know all of you have something else to do than to monitor a forum, I don't have a problem with that). I pretty much think it's a given that this will only get worse closer we get to September and on wards, like stated in the above post. We could do with a little extra firepower over in the V section, but that's just my 2 cents.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (RonDutch @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 21:47)

We'll appoint new staff members as soon we see the need to.

Major issues are dealt with quickly enough, as for trolling, it only works if you feed it. icon14.gif

Be sure to report spam/trolling instead of replying to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users