Photo

Worried About The World Size

11 replies to this topic
mrcappo
  • mrcappo

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Los Santos in this game is confirmed the map size of GTA IV, san andreas and RDR correct?
I'm a little worried about 80% of it or more just being wilderness, country and water.. I hope not because that'll be quite boring..
The lively city is where its at.. Anyone agree? Is there any details on the true size of the map?

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (mrcappo @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 07:35)
Los Santos in this game is  confirmed the map size of GTA IV, san andreas and RDR correct?
I'm a little worried about 80% of it or more just being wilderness, country and water.. I hope not because that'll be quite boring..
The lively city is where its at.. Anyone agree? Is there any details on the true size of the map?

Look at the "mapping" Thread.
The size of the country around LS is 2,25 times the size of the city or so. Imho the countryside can't be big enough biggrin.gif

Here is the map built by forum members. It should be very accurate. http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=491242
The City itself is roughly the size of the whole GTA IV world (without water) which is pretty big too.

mrcappo
  • mrcappo

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

Just checked the thread thanks..
Well i hope the city is atleast half the size of Liberty City in game... confused.gif

Edit:
I just read the bottom half of your post

"Here is the map built by forum members. It should be very accurate. http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=491242
The City itself is roughly the size of the whole GTA IV world (without water) which is pretty big too."

biggrin.gif

Insane Kane
  • Insane Kane

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

IMO, the bigger the better and if it is mostly countryside I'm not worried at all. The countryside gives plenty of room to explore with flying, driving or doing whatever the hell you want. smile.gif

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (mrcappo @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 07:41)
Just checked the thread thanks..
Well i hope the city is atleast half the size of Liberty City in game...  confused.gif

Edit:
I just read the bottom half of your post

"Here is the map built by forum members. It should be very accurate. http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=491242
The City itself is roughly the size of the whole GTA IV world (without water) which is pretty big too."

biggrin.gif

It's roughly the same size.

Edit: because you edited.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

I just hope that there's many rural towns to go with the wilderness. If I go north of Los Santos, I'd expect to find civilization in various other parts. Having most of it "empty" wouldn't be a great move (which it won't be that empty due to wildlife anyways). That slid in GTA SA because the countryside was mostly used for map separation. It wasn't just some empty space on the outskirts of the map (like what you worry about with GTA V).

I do have faith in R* to make a great map though since they've made many great game worlds up to this date.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

Los Santos in this game is confirmed the map size of GTA IV, san andreas and RDR correct?

exactly what ive been saying. I'd rather 50-55 % city, 40% country

Specs_1992
  • Specs_1992

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

by the looks of it i would say 30-35% city 65-70% country around what san andreas was i think

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

The city might be 20% - 30%. Then you got 20% - 30% of underwater and the rest the countryside with small towns and other things.

ClaudeOnSpeed
  • ClaudeOnSpeed

Big Stupid Jellyfish.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

The more countryside the better!

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Actually LS is 12.5% of the land area.

The underwater area itself wasn't counted, though.

Chunkyluva53
  • Chunkyluva53

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

Even if it is mostly country I'm sure there will be plenty of interesting things to find, maybe crazy people living in shacks or trailers or weirdos like texas chainsaw massacre family, people who have no desire to be near the city.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users