12 replies to this topic
Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

Article

This article on the Liberty Tree website (GTA III promotional site) seems it could be a reference of Darkel's cut missions in III. imo

I think Darkel was radicalizing the other hobos into doing terrorist like actions against Liberty City. To take the whole city down. What do you think about it?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:21 AM

I think this is most definitely something along those lines, this isn't really a discovery either, that site has been up since 2001, unless I stand corrected on the matter. confused.gif

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

A lot of people won't know that website exists. I've known about it for years, but others haven't.

It's just a website to make the GTA 3 world a bit more believable, a lot of things on it don't really allude to anything either. The homeless folk in the game aren't any more or less violent than normal pedestrians. So I think it's just a funny article for laughs really....as that is the purpose of the site. From what I gather about Darkel, he is just a lone homeless guy who wanted to cause trouble. Whether or not this is supposed to be his "gang" or not I dunno, but I don't think they are. They are just homeless people, like any other homeless person in any other city.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

I'm interested in "A spate of illegal distilleries have been discovered, pushing an evil filth called 'Boomshine' - a toxic wasteground of a drink so strong it is believed to have driven large portions of Liberty City's homeless community completely insane, with terrifying results. ". Perhaps Phil Cassidy is responsible? monocle.gif

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (dingleman @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 08:12)
I'm interested in "A spate of illegal distilleries have been discovered, pushing an evil filth called 'Boomshine' - a toxic wasteground of a drink so strong it is believed to have driven large portions of Liberty City's homeless community completely insane, with terrifying results. ". Perhaps Phil Cassidy is responsible? monocle.gif

I read this also and thought Darkel was responsible. Maybe making them at some point combustible kamikazes? idk

This site also gives back stories on other characters in III i,e. 8-Ball's hands being burned by hot grease during a police raid.

Which made me think the hobo story was alluding to some mission in III (cut before release). From what I've read on Darkel it seemed to fit his MO.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

Yes, it is just like that.

Let us not forget that the Liberty Tree was sort of a promotional site for the game, so every article would reflect either a back story of a character that would appear in the game or a description of a feature that we would see in the game - like that article about police helicopters, for example.

This specific article was at the very least intended to describe a feature of the game, which involves hobos wandering all around the city. And in that it does not lose its validity as of final release of GTA III. It also served as a connection to another article, about Darkel, but that connection was lost once the Darkel character has been removed from the game in the whole.

There is a separate article about Darkel, and I guess it would make more sense to read them both - you would definitely see a connection between these seemingly unrelated topics.

RandomIII
  • RandomIII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

This site also gives back stories on other characters in III i,e. 8-Ball's hands being burned by hot grease during a police raid.

In GTA Advance 8 ball was in restaurant when it exploded in 2000.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (RandomIII @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 19:32)

In GTA Advance 8 ball was in restaurant when it exploded in 2000.

As far as I recall, he had his hands burned by the Colombians... confused.gif

But anyway, this is a continuity error - one of the few, as GTA Advance wasn't planned as of 2001 (at least I believe so).

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

Games do this all the time unfortunately...but in this case you could just say he was unlucky enough to burn his hands twice....

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

I think you may be onto something here... By the way, did anyone notice black Perennial in the background?

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Лёшенька @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 20:58)
I think you may be onto something here... By the way, did anyone notice black Perennial in the background?

Yes - what I love about these pre-release sites and the strategy guides is that a lot of the images within them show things or allude to something that was mysteriously cut from the game.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 14:01)

Yes - what I love about these pre-release sites and the strategy guides is that a lot of the images within them show things or allude to something that was mysteriously cut from the game.

Either cut - or changed instead.

I haven't noticed the black Perennial when I read the article earlier BTW. Thanks for pointing this out!

Oh, and on another note - no game afterwards had such a promotional site with such a massive backstory about many aspects in the game to be shared...

Which once again proves that GTA III is indeed unique, even in such a matter. And that is why I love it!

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 09:55)
QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 14:01)

Either cut - or changed instead.

I haven't noticed the black Perennial when I read the article earlier BTW. Thanks for pointing this out!

Oh, and on another note - no game afterwards had such a promotional site with such a massive backstory about many aspects in the game to be shared...

Which once again proves that GTA III is indeed unique, even in such a matter. And that is why I love it!

Its those little things I love exploring after the game is released. I mean, removing the colour black for the Perennial - its odds but interesting!

Referring to the tramps - I love the way they fall over so easily! Also the way if you stand on a car in the tunnel they throw molotovs at you (is this correct? Haven't played it for a while).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users