Quantcast

» «
Photo

Can't find Update 1 for GTA IV- please help!

6 replies to this topic
I_LiveForSpeed
  • I_LiveForSpeed

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

Can you tell me where I can download the Update 1 and what downsides there are,
__________ if any, to updating to the newer version? Thank you! smile.gif
Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

QUOTE ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... due to the fact of the game having a "protection" on modding the files.
This was changed shortly in another update (I think 1.0.2.0)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I_LiveForSpeed
  • I_LiveForSpeed

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:27 PM Edited by I_LiveForSpeed, 08 August 2013 - 03:02 AM.

xxx

taskforce
  • taskforce

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

Newer versions are always better, more stability, less performane problems etc icon14.gif

And the Protection can easily be solved with xlive.dll

I_LiveForSpeed
  • I_LiveForSpeed

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (taskforce @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 12:28)
Newer versions are always better, more stability, less performance problems etc icon14.gif

Thank you, Taskforce, for replying! (I was starting to wonder if anyone would...)

Can you tell me where would be the best place to get this improved xlive.dll?

Thank you very much!! smile.gif biggrin.gif

I_LiveForSpeed
  • I_LiveForSpeed

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (taskforce @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 12:28)
Newer versions are always better, more stability, less performane problems etc icon14.gif

newer=always better. If that's the case, how come my GTA4 which worked OK before updating (to 7) & installing a GFWL update, now won't run? Problem seems to be the title 7 update....

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

Title 7 Update reworked the shadow calculation and other things. What used to be Very High Shadows before 1.0.7.0 is now High. Very High on 1.0.7.0 is very sharp, sharper than any Very High setting on any previous version. So if you could run say 1.0.4.0 on Very High settings, including shadows, and you're now on 1.0.7.0, change it to High.

I_LiveForSpeed
  • I_LiveForSpeed

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:10 AM Edited by I_LiveForSpeed, 22 August 2013 - 01:04 AM.

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 15:00)
Title 7 Update reworked the shadow calculation and other things. What used to be Very High Shadows before 1.0.7.0 is now High. Very High on 1.0.7.0 is very sharp, sharper than any Very High setting on any previous version. So if you could run say 1.0.4.0 on Very High settings, including shadows, and you're now on 1.0.7.0, change it to High.

HI CP1Dell, I actually have a Dell GX1 desktop on my desk right now- but that's not the Dell
I'm using to go on the internet...

Anyway, thanks for writing! Actually, my problem has changed- I have installed 1.0.7.0, but I have a problem (not sure that update is to blame, but not sure what is). When I go to Quit GTA4,
I click Quit and hit Enter, and it hangs on a black screen. If I'm lucky, sometimes I can 3-finger-salute it and bring
up the Task Manager & hard End Task it from there, but if I'm not lucky, sometimes I have
to initiate the shutdown process on my PC to get out of the darned program!
Do I have any recourse other than re-installing all over again? A simpler solution would
be preferred... Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

And if you can't solve that problem, how about this one?
Is there any way to change the frequency of how often a certain car appears in the game?

Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users