Interglobal studio Mission

9 replies to this topic
FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

[SPOILER]??This may have already been said...don't know just joined today. The only time I ever cheated in any GTA game was in Vice city during one of the movie studio missions and it was by accident. It was called G-Spotlight where you have to use the motorbike (PCG?) to leap across rooftops before lighting up the side of the building with Candi's assets to advertise her film. I was a lot younger then and I was just stuck on that mission. I've never been that good with bikes in GTA and try to avoid them at all costs. It was driving me crazy. I couldn't do the last two jumps. So in frustration I drove around the corner to the safehouse and hopped in the helicopter...of course I didn't think it would really work I was just frustrated. But to my delight it did! I went through the rest of the pink checkpoints flying! I was cracking up especially since this was found out by accident because I don't read cheat sites or whatever...I didn't even have the internet back then. So just a tip for anyone who gets stuck on the mission.
Have a nice day smile.gif

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

This isn't new. It was known in 2002, when the game was released. Still, an awesome trick.

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

I know its not new...I said so in the first line but I was really too lazy to troll through past posts so just posted it. You're right, its awesome especially when you suck on a bike like I do.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

Well I'm glad you did post this. Even though I've played this game about three times over, that thought never occurred to me! I guess I had more fun (repeatedly failing but eventually) making the jumps on a bike.

I'm also glad you made this thread because it gives me the opportunity to point out something I found interesting but not worthy of a thread of its own:

Did you know you can practice on the majority of these jumps from the very beginning of the game? You don't need the elevator, which only opens up when you start the corresponding mission. All you need to do is buy the Hyman Condo and take a bike to the roof. Then, jump off the west side of the helipad to land on the building below, jump and land on the building to the south of this one, and hop over to the building to the east of here. Voila, you're in the circuit. You can make your way all the way to that final roof where you turn on the spotlight. Unfortunately, it won't cause the ladders to lower to the ground like it does in the mission. But it's still pretty cool, IMO.

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

"G-Spotlight" is the only mission where I willingly chose to fly an aircraft. It's usually the other way around, and it's easier to use a bike or car. When I did this mission, I couldn't prevent my bike from taking damage, and it exploded before the last jump. I think the laddder allowed to pick a fresh PCJ halfway into the mission.

The Police Maverick placed in the very area seemed to me like an option intentionally provided by the authors, and it didn't feel like cheating. Cheating would be if the marker could somehow be activated from the ground or through walls.

AD4M7_Q4YYUM
  • AD4M7_Q4YYUM

mafiacat™

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Use helicopter, (you still have a lot time). You can find the chopper on the roof of VCN or Maverick on the roof of Hyman Condo. Hope it useful. cool.gif

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Vic 2.0 @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 19:23)
Well I'm glad you did post this. Even though I've played this game about three times over, that thought never occurred to me! I guess I had more fun (repeatedly failing but eventually) making the jumps on a bike.

I'm also glad you made this thread because it gives me the opportunity to point out something I found interesting but not worthy of a thread of its own:

Did you know you can practice on the majority of these jumps from the very beginning of the game? You don't need the elevator, which only opens up when you start the corresponding mission. All you need to do is buy the Hyman Condo and take a bike to the roof. Then, jump off the west side of the helipad to land on the building below, jump and land on the building to the south of this one, and hop over to the building to the east of here. Voila, you're in the circuit. You can make your way all the way to that final roof where you turn on the spotlight. Unfortunately, it won't cause the ladders to lower to the ground like it does in the mission. But it's still pretty cool, IMO.

That's cool, I never thought of that! smile.gif I'm glad you appreciate my post. Some people are just playing Vice City after it was relaunched so I thought maybe some newbies who weren't around to play back in the early 2000's might appreciate it.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

If you use the helicopter, you are screwing yourself in the long run. There is at least 2, maybe 3 Unique Stunt Jumps in that mission that you won't be able to go back and achieve if you take the shortcut by using a helicopter. If you really want 100%, you'll deal with the small difficulties and have some patience.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (TonyMontanaCDL @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 18:58)
If you use the helicopter, you are screwing yourself in the long run. There is at least 2, maybe 3 Unique Stunt Jumps in that mission that you won't be able to go back and achieve if you take the shortcut by using a helicopter. If you really want 100%, you'll deal with the small difficulties and have some patience.

Actually, you can go back and do the jumps any time you wish. That's not to mention that the trick I posted about (quoted in the post above yours) may give you early access to some if not all of them before the mission is even made available. Can't say for sure because I can't remember exactly where the jumps are.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:33 PM Edited by Spuds725, 28 August 2013 - 12:36 PM.

That trick above will only allow you to complete the last unique jump for G-spotlight-- you will be just past the 2nd jump.

To do the 2nd and 3rd unique jumps done in G-Spotlight you need to get on top of the downtown hospital (it is the jump off the hospital that is the 2nd jump in G-spotlight).

You can get on top of the Hospital pretty easily (after you practice a bit) by doing the jump shown at about the 2 minute point of the below video... I have done this one lots of times on PS2-- I found it a bit harder to do on the Android version but I was able to do it eventually.

Skip to 2:00 minutes into video

The only jump you cannot do prior to unlocking G-spotlight is the one out the window (first jump in G-spotlight)-- it is actually possible to do ALL the jumps except this one prior to doing any missions (you can even do the ones at the marina).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users