Photo

Question about the tanks.

7 replies to this topic
Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Specifically, I was wondering if anyone knew (for sure) if and when they can be destroyed by other tanks or weapons. Like, in which games. I remember playing one GTA (I think it was SA) in which the tank you're driving caught fire just a little bit momentarily after so much abuse, but I don't remember if it ever exploded or anything.

Are they all invincible, when it comes to this?

Are any of them? I never knew for certain.

Also, I don't recall if the tanks being driven by the military could be destroyed, either by weapons or by your tank. I just really have no clue! So does anyone have the whole story on these things?

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Labore et Scientia

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Quoting the Rhino's wiki page:
In GTA III and GTA Vice City, the Rhino is bullet-proof and explosion-proof and as such it is immune to all weapons except the flamethrower and molotovs. In GTA San Andreas, the Rhino is still a tough vehicle, however, after colliding several times with other tanks, it will start smoking and explode. While driving the Rhino, one should be careful not to drive through the flames left behind by vehicles that have exploded, as these will set the Rhino on fire doing massive damage and usually destroying it.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

Okay now.

"In GTA San Andreas, the Rhino is still a tough vehicle, however, after colliding several times with other tanks, it will start smoking and explode. While driving the Rhino, one should be careful not to drive through the flames left behind by vehicles that have exploded, as these will set the Rhino on fire doing massive damage and usually destroying it."

Do you think that second sentence is still just talking about SA's tanks, or all of them? I've never noticed any of the others catching fire or exploding. But my memory's off and my experience really going all out with a tank and six stars in most of the games is a bit limited.

And what about the tank your driving vs the other tanks colliding into you? Do you think there's any difference, health-wise? Just curious.

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Without doing detailed research, I note that in GTA III, my Rhinos do start flaming after a lot of abuse. I like taking them to the airport with six stars and doing tank wrestling (pushing other tanks into the water) so there's a lot of ramming into other vehicles, and passing through the flaming/exploding wreckage of Barracks OLs, with non-stop bullets from LCPD choppers. So Rhinos are bullet- and crash-resistant rather than -proof.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

Not even bullet-proof? Yikes! How sure are you that the bullets were doing any harm? Like, did your tank catch fire/explode immediately after being fired upon or always after getting hit by another tank or driving through fire?

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

No no, tanks can take lots of bullets. Maybe they're ten times more resistant to damage than ordinary vehicles, and sometimes, when I see the flames coming coming out of mine, I make a quick dash for one of the Army tanks and if I make it, I often find that they're as damaged as mine and they flame out immediately. I can't tell whether it's bullets or bashing that does it, but Rhinos are definitely not infinitely damage-proof. (And did you know that they float?)

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

In San Andreas Rhino is bulletproof and nothing else. It is very resistant to damage from crashing, but it's not Damageproof. It can be destroyed by a few rockets, or even small fire from molotov. I checked the Bulletproof property through save editor, so it is 100% bulletproof. As for other games, I believe that Rhinos are bulletproof, but they arent fireproof, dameproof by any means, I know that for sure. Only thing which I'm not sure about is whether Tank can be destroyed with Rocket Launcher, thus explosions, in III/VC/LCS/VCS. I can't recall this being a true and I can't be bothered to test it as I don't have proper save editor or tool for these games.

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

I do know this: I've shot rockets galore at a single tank (in GTA III) just to see if I could wear it down, and it doesn't happen. And it's understood that tanks blow from a single good long blast from the flame thrower, or three to four Molotovs. (You can always tell when a tank's ready to explode because the two Army guys inside bail just before, but with enough time left to blow you away before the tank goes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users