Photo

Man rockstar is tripping...

222 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

The fact that some of you can say this hasnt been enjoyable marketing is hilarious. How many years have we been scouring for info.

Alot of you guys forget things like the find the blue thread, or genesis topic. Alot of you forget people finding dogs in cages of trailer 1, six months after the reveal. Alot of you are forgetting all the initial buzz around the epsilon twitter discovery, or the first leaked pictures of franklin and chop artwork, or the photo viewers.

Name one other game that you have followed this religiously and maybe you will have a basis for argument. But the marketing is not only working, but it is also keeping our interest way better than any other game.

I will agree that it is weird that we dont have a site yet. But with 6 weeks left, all that means is the month leading up to the game is going to be saturated with assets for us to nibble on, peaking our hype right up until release.

I think most people give them sh*t for their marketing because, unlike other developers, they dont just give us what we want, be rather keep us wanting more.

Kjax39
  • Kjax39

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:34 AM

Idk man, I know a lot of people who are hyped. But I feel like as long as we get a decent little flood about 2-4 weeks before release then everything will be fine. Everybody will be talking about it.

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 06:24)
The fact that some of you can say this hasnt been enjoyable marketing is hilarious. How many years have we been scouring for info.

Alot of you guys forget things like the find the blue thread, or genesis topic. Alot of you forget people finding dogs in cages of trailer 1, six months after the reveal. Alot of you are forgetting all the initial buzz around the epsilon twitter discovery, or the first leaked pictures of franklin and chop artwork, or the photo viewers.

Name one other game that you have followed this religiously and maybe you will have a basis for argument. But the marketing is not only working, but it is also keeping our interest way better than any other game.

I will agree that it is weird that we dont have a site yet. But with 6 weeks left, all that means is the month leading up to the game is going to be saturated with assets for us to nibble on, peaking our hype right up until release.

I think most people give them sh*t for their marketing because, unlike other developers, they dont just give us what we want, be rather keep us wanting more.

Truth.....

But i think what OP is trying to say is that they don't give info regularly , and i think he feels like they're playing with us but they're not it just part of the marketing....

When they do show something however they never disappoint and all is forgotten and we're back at claiming R* the best again rahkstar2.gif

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (dorcy @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 06:53)
y'know i can't remember the last time i saw an advertisment for milk. probably becuase people who want it will buy and don't need to be reminded that it is available for purchase. while those who don't like milk won't be swayed in their opinion.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

It's probably because the game isn't coming out in September. ph34r.gif
QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 06:24)

That was just here on this forum though. It seems like major gaming sites had forgotten GTA V existed until the recent gameplay trailer.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

They need to answer one question

Is this a grand theft auto game ? Or is this a watered down gta game ? I get the feeling this game will be watered down as f*ck just look at franklin and Michael dozingoff.gif

Trevor is supposed to be a badass in the true sense of the word but I can see him being a pussy too.

Yes he blows things up in the trailer but i bet nobody is in the explosion. This game will be full of that kinda crap they will try and make it hard but keep it as safe as possible

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (im_stoned @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 06:44)

Is this a grand theft auto game ? Or is this a watered down gta game ? I get the feeling this game will be watered down as f*ck just look at franklin and Michael dozingoff.gif

Trevor is supposed to be a badass in the true sense of the word but I can see him being a pussy too.

Yes he blows things up in the trailer but i bet nobody is in the explosion. This game will be full of that kinda crap they will try and make it hard but keep it as safe as possible

Explain more please?

PoliceFarm
  • PoliceFarm

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

Hmm, a meth addict that stomps severed feet down a toilet and wakes up in his underpants surrounded by dead bikers. This sh*t may as well be rated PG.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:16 AM Edited by im_stoned, 07 August 2013 - 07:19 AM.

QUOTE (PoliceFarm @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 07:06)

Is this a grand theft auto game ? Or is this a watered down gta game ? I get the feeling this game will be watered down as f*ck just look at franklin and Michael  dozingoff.gif

Hmm, a meth addict that stomps severed feet down a toilet and wakes up in his underpants surrounded by dead bikers. This sh*t may as well be rated PG.

smile.gif That sounds good. I haven't read all the info. I do plan on buying and playing this game so i'm trying to avoid the news sites so the games still a surprise.

With that said I never got that vibe from the trailers. They make the game seem like a p.g teen movie. Maybe it's because the trailers focus more on that bitch Michael ? I hope you're right and this game doesn't have a ''p.g teen summer blockbuster movie'' feel but that's the vibe I get from the trailer.

Explain more please?

Like I said you watch the trailers and it looks like a teen movie. IV was watered down but they made it feel gritty in the trailers.

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:22 AM Edited by kingcs, 07 August 2013 - 07:29 AM.

Yelp shootouts,bank heists,affairs, and police chases sounds just like a teen movie.

Edit: I get the point you were attempting to make, I just completely disagree.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (kingcs @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 07:22)
Yelp shootouts,bank heists,affairs, and police chases sounds just like a teen movie.

OMG use you're brain! Jesus Christ !!!!! COD has murder you tool ! Every game has murder. I swear theirs murder in the children's games my 8 year old nephew plays. You're so busy blindly worshipping you can't even think for yourself.

Vice city stories had the most evil criminals out of any gta which is ironic because it's the most underrated. You play RDR those criminals are meh. Gta iv great game one of my favorites but the main bosses ? weak as f*ck !!

Theirs more too making a great gta then allowing murder ! You need asshole criminals who make you hate them and give you a reason to kill them !

Look at sonny forelli, tenpenny, the mendez brothers those guys were hard as f*ck and you hated them. Gta iv's bosses were weak as f*ck. That guy in TLAD was a coward why were you scared of him ? Bulergrin was a pussy in TBOGT and don't even get me started on demetri and pegorino,

I hope you understand this a little clearer. You can shot people or zombies all you want that doesn't male a game '' Adult'' a good story with real enemies does !

It's a bunch of other little things too V just feels soft. Theirs nothing gritty about it ! Watch IV's first trailer for Christ sake that's how you set the tone for a grand theft auto game not this '' why do I move here kids poem bullsh*t'' with pretty graphics and '' beautiful girls'' get the f*ck out of here ! I want a game about criminals you feel me

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (im_stoned @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 02:31)

OMG use you're brain! Jesus Christ !!!!! COD has murder you tool ! Every game has murder. I swear theirs murder in the children's games my 8 year old nephew plays. You're so busy blindly worshipping you can't even think for yourself.

Vice city stories had the most evil criminals out of any gta which is ironic because it's the most underrated. You play RDR those criminals are meh. Gta iv great game one of my favorites but the main bosses ? weak as f*ck !!

Theirs more too making a great gta then allowing murder ! You need asshole criminals who make you hate them and give you a reason to kill them !

Look at sonny forelli, tenpenny, the mendez brothers those guys were hard as f*ck and you hated them. Gta iv's bosses were weak as f*ck. That guy in TLAD was a coward why were you scared of him ? Bulergrin was a pussy in TBOGT and don't even get me started on demetri and pegorino,

I hope you understand this a little clearer. You can shot people or zombies all you want that doesn't male a game '' Adult'' a good story with real enemies does !

It's a bunch of other little things too V just feels soft. Theirs nothing gritty about it ! Watch IV's first trailer for Christ sake that's how you set the tone for a grand theft auto game not this '' why do I move here kids poem bullsh*t'' with pretty graphics and '' beautiful girls'' get the f*ck out of here ! I want a game about criminals you feel me

I stopped reading your dissertation on the necessities of a mature multimedia experience when I saw you user name.

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:53 AM Edited by kingcs, 07 August 2013 - 08:04 AM.

QUOTE (im_stoned @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 07:31)

First off, why spazz all of a sudden? Second, play the game first before calling it watered down. Third, where was I worshipping, I just said I disagreed. Sorry if my sarcasm was little too much for you. Fourth, who's to say V doesn't have those criminals you want so bad? Fifth, you bring up murder like it's the only thing to a story and the only thing I mentioned. (Trevor torturing a guy in his character trailer ring any bells?). Sixth, Your problem with V seems to be that the trailer was to colorful and the character was too soft spoken. So you want a typical loudmouth prick that spits on everything he walks by.

Let me tell you something, the most mellow, soft spoken, quietest guy could walk into a room full of Sonny Forelli's and walk out with their women and a jar full of nuts as a souvenir.

All badasses aren't made to be brash and cocky. The quietest in the room can turn out to be the most ruthless and evil mfer you will ever see.

So no I don't feel you, I see you but don't feel you.

Also, Iv was grey and gloomy to supposedly represent New York, so it's not surprising that V looks colorful and vibrant to represent sunny Southern California. So I don't get the graphics gripe either.

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (im_stoned @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 07:31)

PLEASE DON'T BUY THE GAME!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!! I'll buy you a PS4 with a copy of Watch Dogs if you decide not to buy V.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

Marketing sucks?

It's the single most Pre-ordered game out there right now.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

The marketing is there to persuade you to buy the game. So if you don't like the marketing, don't buy the game. Simple.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

Pretty much what Deffpony said, Rockstar's marketing has succeeded, everyone is excited for this game. The only thing that is out of place is the fact that we don't have a website yet, but I'd be willing to bet that we get it within the next 2 weeks.

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 08:06)
Pretty much what Deffpony said, Rockstar's marketing has succeeded, everyone is excited for this game. The only thing that is out of place is the fact that we don't have a website yet, but I'd be willing to bet that we get it within the next 2 weeks.

If not days , the website then the BIG unveiling about MP

CJ4LIFE1294
  • CJ4LIFE1294

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

look the marketing may suck balls but we all know this game will be worth the wait and all the hype that there is for it. Yep its pissed me off there isn't a website yet or even a demo been showed but who cares when we get the game in our hands and we don't know much about it its gona be amazing cant wait.

pretty sure we'll get and online video and the website this month

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 08:03)
Marketing sucks?

thats from their great reputation

maddy26
  • maddy26

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

OP doesn't understand what marketing is.

It's not just Rockstar who's marketing the game. Almost every gamesite on this planet helps Rockstar marketing this game, and every gamer in the world waits for GTAV.

How is that bad marketing, bro? suicidal.gif

maddy26
  • maddy26

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 12:33)
Marketing sucks?

That's also part of marketing

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 04:33)
Marketing sucks?

And that's bad how?

Obviously they've done something right to have the most pre-ordered game out there.

That doesn't say 'marketing sucks'

Tradey4Life
  • Tradey4Life

- WANTED -

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

The game is selling itself mate. They marketed the sh*t out of MP3 because they had to.

Marketing costs money man, they know they don't need to do much for V to sell like crazy. I think the last 4 weeks before the 17th will be busy with info and updates.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Just wait.. We've been given plenty of info, 4 trailers, over 100 screens.. Some people are never satisfied.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Jukebox F*ckup

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 12:33)
Marketing sucks?

So why do you need hardcore marketing if you have a great reputation?

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

user posted image

Yeah marketing sucks. The game won't sell.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 07:52)
QUOTE (im_stoned @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 02:31)

I stopped reading your dissertation on the necessities of a mature multimedia experience when I saw you user name.

I was just going to say that I wasn't about to read the merits of video game violence written by some teen who made his screen name im_stoned.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 12:41)
user posted image

Yeah marketing sucks. The game won't sell.

lol.gif

Thank god cod isn't first. tounge.gif

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (meson1 @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 08:06)
The marketing is there to persuade you to buy the game. So if you don't like the marketing, don't buy the game. Simple.

So you only want people from this forum to buy game?
Even though gameplay video have close to 20millions views, Im pretty sure this doesn't mean 20millions sales. They will need to start market it more if they want more sales.
Maybe not next week, but after that they will need to start or they will fail.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users