Photo

Roman's past

12 replies to this topic
Systasis
  • Systasis

Rockstar Games > ALL

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

How is survived before the coming of Niko? With the protection of Vlad <<your russian friend>>?

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

what?

thelivingdead188
  • thelivingdead188

100%'ing my way across multiple GTA's

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

lol.

I think he's asking 'How did Roman survive before Niko showed up to protect him from getting beaten up and harassed all the time? Did Vlad protect him?'

I think Niko just showed up at the right time.. they were just starting to really get sick of Roman always owing them money, and the real violence was just beginning. I dont think Vlad protected him as he was always picking on Roman and whatnot. Niko just happened to come along at the right time and help him out.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (thelivingdead188 @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 15:27)
lol.

I think he's asking 'How did Roman survive before Niko showed up to protect him from getting beaten up and harassed all the time? Did Vlad protect him?'

I think Niko just showed up at the right time.. they were just starting to really get sick of Roman always owing them money, and the real violence was just beginning. I dont think Vlad protected him as he was always picking on Roman and whatnot. Niko just happened to come along at the right time and help him out.

Methinks Roman was a lot more tough during the war and the things he did to survive scarred him from life. Not mention the other horrors of the war. I think that made him a somewhat of a pacifist and moving to Liberty softened him a lot and let him forget about those things. He became a fat and lusty alcoholic.

Caliber7
  • Caliber7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (elburrosleftnut @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 03:12)
lol.

Methinks Roman was a lot more tough during the war and the things he did to survive scarred him from life. Not mention the other horrors of the war. I think that made him a somewhat of a pacifist and moving to Liberty softened him a lot and let him forget about those things. He became a fat and lusty alcoholic.

during a date with kate you hear niko say his aunt offered to send both niko and roman to america before the war really starts. niko refused the offer, stayed to fight in the war, roman took the opportunity, he escaped the war.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

No, that's not a Paul Smith coat.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Caliber7 @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 05:57)
lol.

during a date with kate you hear niko say his aunt offered to send both niko and roman to america before the war really starts. niko refused the offer, stayed to fight in the war, roman took the opportunity, he escaped the war.

And then Roman's mother was raped and burned to death. bored.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Caliber7 @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 00:57)
lol.

Then Roman would've been a teenager when he came to America?

Caliber7
  • Caliber7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 22:44)
lol.

unknown. what is known is that Niko fought the war together with the village friends Niko and Roman grew up with, and so Niko + Roman must be in their late teens when it happened.

Roman's attitude is from his adversity surviving in America. he always had to stay positive, it helped him keep going. Niko's is from scarred from war, he needed to learn what Roman already learned. stay positive.

Fuc-tuo
  • Fuc-tuo

we're bouncing now?

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 23:44)
lol.

No roman moved when he was in his 20's

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Am i the only one that thinks Niko is a catalyst to the events in roman's life? He owes money, and has them on his back, but it's relatively benign - he simply is their bitch. Then Niko comes along, and all of a sudden starts standing up for Roman - it looks like Roman's grown balls and decided not to comply. Then things escalate. Remember "Its your call" - you escape the loansharks who are only after money. That prompts them to threaten Roman and ultimately beat him up.

I could be off the mark, but while Niko helped Roman, he also landed him in more sh*t than Roman would have been in without him - the kidnapping, the arson attacks, getting shot etc

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Roman was 21 when he arrived in LC. He was born in 1977 and arrived in 1998.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (PhilosophicalZebra @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:35)

Then he would've experienced the war

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 15:57)
QUOTE (PhilosophicalZebra @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:35)

Then he would've experienced the war

I don't know. But the LCPD database says that he was born in 1977 and in The Cousins Bellic he says "I've been here 10 years, you can speak English!". 2008-10=1998.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users